Reviews for Sea of Emotions
Sirei chapter 21 . 5/21
Thank you very much for writing and sharing this wonderful story. It is a slow burning passionate story about forgiveness and love as well as overcoming insecurities and showing emotions. I myself (in the thrities now) am in the same position as severus. Insecure, never had friends or any love interests or lovers and am painfully insecure about showing them and making myself weak. The story resonates so much with me that I was steadily rising and falling with his moods and while insight of others characters and emotions is brilliant as reader we sadly do not have those reassurances as persons in real life. So i fevered with Severus, understood his cringyness and shyness, was praying for him to get the happy ending I will never have and am elated that he indeed got it. So thank you, stories like yours lift me up in my other dreadful existance and make me happy that at least one of my beloved characters gets a happy end (though I should say two as Harry gets his as well). I wish you love, happiness, luck and wealth in life. May you never want for anything as you already brought happiness and love to others with this story. I am really grateful for this.
Sirei chapter 10 . 5/21
Uh what? Voldemort was slain on may the second and i dont think that much time has gone. But here you describe that its autumn already? I thought they wanted to open the school normally or as near as they could get to that... sry im confused. I love this story but this makes no sense to me. Unles its a charmed window. Then i would understand.
Aww. Yay!
shera98 chapter 21 . 5/3
I adored this story. It was so sweet and I think it was developed very well.
Cobalt Morning chapter 9 . 4/10
My goodness. I read this so long ago now when there were only 8 chapters. The account I once had is long gone. I'm so glad I was able to find it again and continue reading. It's a lovely fic.
Guest chapter 15 . 12/26/2016
I think the spell is a great idea. Will Harry get a famillar that is a mate to Faukes? Nixlits would be loads of fun.
HatakeQR chapter 10 . 9/13/2016
Wow. Surprised Sev didn't love lily in the romantic way. But I guess it make sense since the fic is SSHP:/
HatakeQR chapter 5 . 9/13/2016
So glad Severus still remains as headmaster! Seems like magical creatures and Hogwalts trust Severus more unconditionally tho. Looking forward to the development of Snape/Harry!
Idonthaveanaccou chapter 21 . 8/11/2016
Wonderful story! I applaud you!
excessivelyperky chapter 21 . 6/16/2016
I don't see any mention of Harry becoming Slytherin House Head-and no, he's not old enough to do the job, nor does he know anybody in that House. I was very happy that Neville is seeing Snape as a human being. I am a bit sad that no Slytherins are ever going to be part of Snape's life in this story. Surely they're not all in Azkaban?

And I do wish that Remus Lupin would have come up with something he could actually do for Snape instead of being the Permanent Welfare Recipient (and one hopes he isn't going to pull the same stupid stunt he did in the Boggart lesson just for fun).

Nice story, and the ending part was appropriate, but it would be nice to see people from other Houses besides Gryffindor running Hogwarts.
excessivelyperky chapter 20 . 6/15/2016
I don't think Harry is a good choice for House Head of Slytherin-many of them will resent him being part of the forces that killed their parents, and may well hate Snape for that same reason. Harry hasn't had any experience with mentoring homesick children, drunk ones, ill ones, and may think the abuse some of them go through is normal, because of how the Dursleys treated him. Plus, he will have to adjust to being a teacher as well, and subconsciously favor Gryffindor without even knowing he's doing it. But here he is, and I wish him the best of luck.

But I do wish that Harry or Fawkes or both would set Albus's portrait on fire.
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 6/13/2016
I don't know how good a Muggle Studies teacher Arthur Weasley will be-he's very enthusiastic about the Muggle world, but he doesn't really seem to know very much. Snape, or even Hermione, would do that subject better.

I love Fawkes!

And yes, Ginny has a right to be upset, and Harry needs to do a lot of groveling. But everyone seems to be taking things rather well, all things considered.
excessivelyperky chapter 18 . 6/13/2016
Yes, Severus is going to be surprised-by the number of people who will love and accept him. At first it will be because of Harry, of course, but as time goes by, they will love him because he deserves to be loved.

As for teachers, I do hope the staff isn't entirely Gryffindors by the time the year is over. But yes, some temporary replacements need to be made.
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 6/9/2016
Very good chapter-I imagine Harry will repeat his 'sneak attack' as necessary since the first one had such good results for everyone.

I do think it's sad that no Slytherins are around to express their gratitude for the way Snape has protected them all these years, though.

And I really hope that Remus actually *does* something nice for Snape. Snape has heard kindly words from Gryffindors before, and still bears the scars of what they actually did to him-including Remus.
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 5/25/2016
Ah, dear Remus! He's vowing to use the potion, but I can tell Tonks will bully Snape into exhausting himself for her dear husband. One can only hope that Lupin really will do a bit more than something any stranger might do, but I'm sure he'll persuade himself that his occasional gratitude is all he needs to remember to do.

And Harry doesn't remember that he needs Snape at the gate, so of course he doesn't actually get any rest.

Plus, Harry should remember why Snape doesn't like being levitated. He apparently doesn't remember what his charming father did, or how Sirius Black nearly killed Snape in PoA. A dear boy, but not a huge intellect here.