Reviews for Sea of Emotions
HatakeQR chapter 10 . 9/13
Wow. Surprised Sev didn't love lily in the romantic way. But I guess it make sense since the fic is SSHP:/
HatakeQR chapter 5 . 9/13
So glad Severus still remains as headmaster! Seems like magical creatures and Hogwalts trust Severus more unconditionally tho. Looking forward to the development of Snape/Harry!
Idonthaveanaccou chapter 21 . 8/11
Wonderful story! I applaud you!
excessivelyperky chapter 21 . 6/16
I don't see any mention of Harry becoming Slytherin House Head-and no, he's not old enough to do the job, nor does he know anybody in that House. I was very happy that Neville is seeing Snape as a human being. I am a bit sad that no Slytherins are ever going to be part of Snape's life in this story. Surely they're not all in Azkaban?

And I do wish that Remus Lupin would have come up with something he could actually do for Snape instead of being the Permanent Welfare Recipient (and one hopes he isn't going to pull the same stupid stunt he did in the Boggart lesson just for fun).

Nice story, and the ending part was appropriate, but it would be nice to see people from other Houses besides Gryffindor running Hogwarts.
excessivelyperky chapter 20 . 6/15
I don't think Harry is a good choice for House Head of Slytherin-many of them will resent him being part of the forces that killed their parents, and may well hate Snape for that same reason. Harry hasn't had any experience with mentoring homesick children, drunk ones, ill ones, and may think the abuse some of them go through is normal, because of how the Dursleys treated him. Plus, he will have to adjust to being a teacher as well, and subconsciously favor Gryffindor without even knowing he's doing it. But here he is, and I wish him the best of luck.

But I do wish that Harry or Fawkes or both would set Albus's portrait on fire.
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 6/13
I don't know how good a Muggle Studies teacher Arthur Weasley will be-he's very enthusiastic about the Muggle world, but he doesn't really seem to know very much. Snape, or even Hermione, would do that subject better.

I love Fawkes!

And yes, Ginny has a right to be upset, and Harry needs to do a lot of groveling. But everyone seems to be taking things rather well, all things considered.
excessivelyperky chapter 18 . 6/13
Yes, Severus is going to be surprised-by the number of people who will love and accept him. At first it will be because of Harry, of course, but as time goes by, they will love him because he deserves to be loved.

As for teachers, I do hope the staff isn't entirely Gryffindors by the time the year is over. But yes, some temporary replacements need to be made.
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 6/9
Very good chapter-I imagine Harry will repeat his 'sneak attack' as necessary since the first one had such good results for everyone.

I do think it's sad that no Slytherins are around to express their gratitude for the way Snape has protected them all these years, though.

And I really hope that Remus actually *does* something nice for Snape. Snape has heard kindly words from Gryffindors before, and still bears the scars of what they actually did to him-including Remus.
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 5/25
Ah, dear Remus! He's vowing to use the potion, but I can tell Tonks will bully Snape into exhausting himself for her dear husband. One can only hope that Lupin really will do a bit more than something any stranger might do, but I'm sure he'll persuade himself that his occasional gratitude is all he needs to remember to do.

And Harry doesn't remember that he needs Snape at the gate, so of course he doesn't actually get any rest.

Plus, Harry should remember why Snape doesn't like being levitated. He apparently doesn't remember what his charming father did, or how Sirius Black nearly killed Snape in PoA. A dear boy, but not a huge intellect here.
excessivelyperky chapter 15 . 5/25
I think Snape's solution to Remus about ready to turn is an excellent one-perhaps someday Remus and his family might actually do something *for* Snape instead of forever accepting his charity, but it probably won't be any time soon-Remus is used to being a grateful recipient and in canon, rarely reciprocated or even thanked Snape for making the Wolfsbane for him.

Here's hoping that Snape is allowed to recuperate the next day, though.
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 5/19
Yes, Harry being head of Slytherin is almost the only thing that will keep them from being scapegoated (though Remus as head of Slytherin would come close, and given he's a Dark Creature, he'd be a lot more popular there than he thinks).

And Hogwarts does accept Snape and wants him to be does Harry.
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 5/17
Excellent! Yes, it would be a nice change for Snape to be loved instead of hated-he's only had the second before, even though Albus dispensed crumbs of kindness every once in a while if Snape had been particularly good (you don't ask someone to kill you and be hated by the Order if you like someone, let's face it).

But now he has someone constant, like Harry-maybe someday he'll believe that love is real after all.
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 5/11
What a lovely chapter. Of course Snape would hate sleeping in Dumbledore's bed, and who could blame him? I am so glad that Harry is so loving and caring with Snape, and isn't worried about what his friends will think.

And I think Harry ought to ask Portrait!Albus two questions-why didn't he Obliviate Snape so he couldn't pass on the Prophecy? And why did he keep the Cloak that might have saved Lily?
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 5/3
Well, Snape is certainly a lot happier to see Albus under these circumstances than I would be-it was his fault that Snape was put into that position in the first place. I do hope Portrait!Albus will have a nice chat with the rest of the staff and assure them that yes, indeed, he did set up Snape to be hated by everyone in the Order. Not that I expect it, of course. Albus has always been just a little too worried about his own place in their hearts to admit the way he has hosed Snape since Severus was a student.

But I'm glad Harry is sticking close-Snape undoubtedly still thinks that Harry will go find another partner.
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 4/23
So, Harry finally understands that the only place where Snape was safe for most of his life was that hollow tree (he finally figures out how hellish Hogwarts was for Snape, at least for the half-minute his rather short attention span allows for). After all, he now has something entirely different to think of.

And I suppose it's only normal for Harry to trust Remus. After all, Remus never ever did anything to make Snape not trust him, aside from almost eating him, twice, and easily forgiving the murder attempt, or having fun with the vulture hat, or anything like that.

And of course Harry trusts Remus with a secret that isn't his to share, sigh. It'll be in the Prophet in a week, because Remus does love to pass along gossip to make the people around him happy, whoever they might be at the time.