Reviews for A War Story is a Black Space
ManBearTitan chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
Amazing! so emotional a job well done
killem21 chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
Killing off eren isn't cool
But u still get a 8/10 which is a good scrore coming from me so u know 8/10 good job
Guest chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
I've never said this about another fan fiction, but, this is beautiful.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
The fact that this doesn't have more reviews is criminal. Hands down one of the best SNK fics out there
Seseorang chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
I can imagine SnK's ending being like this really, except for the Eren dying part because you know. Mangas.

Overall, I love this story. It's just so realistic for me, and for personal reasons I like the fact that Annie is still alive as well ahaha :')
Karano chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
Dear writer,
I just love you, man. I love you. This is perfect. It doesn't need any more words to tear its perfection.

Truly yours,
a very impressed reader
chromate chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
I absolutely adore this story. Jean is one of the favourite characters of mine, so I'm glad you portray this story from his viewpoint, since I feel like he's the one who shows the most character growth in the manga so far, and this tone fits him perfectly. I don't know what else to say since this is a very very nice story. Keep up the good work!
cyndaquils chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
this is gorgeous and lovely and heartbreaking and thank you for writing this — it's a wonderful portrayal of the 104th, how broken they are and how they're trying to pick up the pieces. it's also a beautiful portrayal of hanji, losing so much and given the weight of the world.

also, just how much eren's life impacted them, ugh this is just so great I can't even be coherent, thank you for writing this.
Jackson12 chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
Melancholy, there is pain and suffering during a war. The cries of thousands as comrades fall before their eyes. There are tears. There is screaming. There is pain. That is what is remembered.

That is what is remembered, the sound of gunfire, the smell of rot as bodies decay, the ruins of once mighty buildings. It is the sudden explosion, the bright and colorful and burning burst of light that blinds everyone that is remembered.

It is not what happens after, the silent sobs of families torn apart. Lovers never to hold each other again, children never to hear the voice of a parent again, brothers and sisters never to meet again. No one wonders what happens after the ruins are rebuilt, the ghost of what used to stand proudly before flashing into existence. No one wonders what happens after the gunfire dies down and silence reigns supreme, the guilt of having survived when others were denied that right weighting down on the soul. No one wonders what happens after the bodies are cleared and the gore is cleaned, how that suffocating smell and the feeling of bloodied clothes never truly fades away.

No one ever wonders the hell that is to remain, no one even dares to think of the souls that are still left standing after everything they have loved and held dear is torn away from their grasp. No one feels the knife slipping through their ribs each passing day, memories of so long ago fleetingly passing through the minds eye, the knife that makes getting through the day almost impossible. No one...

No one but you. You captured what it is like to remain, to survive when death feels so much more welcoming. If the war is to finish that way, if death for Eren, for Erwin, for every friend of the Recon Corps. If only so few remained, this would be the pain they would suffer. This would be their punishment for living.
_

And you captured that fleeting chance as well, that stray ray of sunshine that one day may come down. You have captured what getting back up would feel like, what embracing this life and fighting as hard as you can to make sure their sacrifice (the blood, the pain, the tears, suffering, anger, malice, greed... death) was not in vain.

To fight for every second.

The world is cruel, it ripped away everything from them, but they will not lose.

They will fight.

And for that, I congratulate you.
RonaldWeasleyTheHero chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
oh my god, the tears wont stop coming, that was heartbreaking and absolutely magnificently beautfiul,you expressed the emotions of the different characters so well, it was almost frightening, Jean and his thoughts were perfect especially with him and Mikasa. everything was done so well and with subtlety. and finally the rest of the 104th going out to see the world together. that was just right!

10/10 fanfic.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
I really enjoyed this, very well written, everyone was in character. I'm glad there was a bit of hope at the end- great job!