Reviews for Let Go
ImplausiblyForgetful chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
Beautiful fic, only thing I'd say is a bit off is the spelling (you kept on spelling Haibara as Hiabara and a few others). Other than that though, I really like the way the tone changes over the course of the fic, starting off factual and ending all angsty :)

Love it

Serial-Doodler
damncritic chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
i love this! sad but still satisfying in the sense that ran and shinichi still loved each other in the end.. but they just had to move on with their lives...
Ami Angel chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
bittersweet and sad. (
Galadriel Caskett chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
people don't seem to review angst as often, do they? m. just an off-hand observation.

it's a great fic. ) Sad, and it causes a sort of dissonance - because Ran should go with Shinichi! - but, it's well-written. Ending has this melancholy feeling to it that leaves a sweet/sour after taste, and it's just beautiful.
Crystal Snowflakes chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
sad...bittersweet... i liked this. a lot.
tsurikato chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
T_T OMG, YOU MADE ME THE SADDEST PERSON ON EARTH. :sob:

(other than that, however, this is uber good..just..so angsty! TOT)
Lyn Jarewo Wors chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
;.; You... you made me cry! -clings to a Conan plushie and sobs anime style- Besides being REALLY DEPRESSING awesome story!
yoshimiwolfspaw chapter 1 . 8/15/2004
Wonderful story, I loved how you chose to deal with the whole Conan/ Shinichi thing even without having him and Ran together. Great job. _
ChiyonoHikari chapter 1 . 6/6/2004
I have to say, Congratulations. This is the first piece I've ever found that has actually made me cry. No melodramatic death, no heroic "riding into the sunset". Just a minimal, yet monumental sense of loss. Absolutely beautiful.
Bat the Wood Elf chapter 1 . 6/14/2003
(lip trembles) Thats so... angsty! ;_;

No... dont give up Shinichi! (cries)

Great story. At least the ending is semi-ambiguous, leaves us angst-haters something to work with!
O'Ylia chapter 1 . 3/2/2003
That. Hurt. Seriously, it was total angst and bittersweet pain all the way. Altho short, the last sentence said it all. Emotions were beautifully played out. Nice work.
Ryder77 chapter 1 . 10/7/2002
wonderfully done!

you've captured the moment's emotions perfectly. I swear I had this tightening feeling in my chest when I was almost at the ending.
Hakaisha chapter 1 . 9/20/2002
') That has got to be one of the saddest, most bittersweet fic I've read from you, Icka! Angst, angst, angst...heh, a LOT better angst than I can HOPE to write...*sigh* Guess I still have a LONG way to go...

But anyway. This was good...no, BEYOND good. Beautiful...absolutely gorgeous, the emotions real and clear, the pain biting and burning away what little hopes they had...gosh, can you make it ANY more real? I especially liked the way you described how Conan and Ran 'both' lost Kudo Shinichi...a loss of a friend - possible boyfriend - and a loss for hope. That was just so...deep, and...

And I ran out of apt words to describe this. _;;; But the bottom line is...beautiful work, Icka - hopelessly gorgeous, this fic is practically swimming in a sea of angst and pain...

Wow...

Hauntress
Apparition chapter 1 . 9/19/2002
Waaaaaaahhhhh... so sad but still good. Letting go sucks, letting go is like requesting for death to step on your door, letting go is the end of all hopes... for you but might just be the beginning of new hopes to other... to open new lives and dimensions of the happiness you couldn't supply when they needed... Letting go is hard, painful and coward (or maybe courageous) but letting go is not the end. Not even close.

Really nice fic :)