Reviews for Foolish Hearts
Azlady2003 chapter 28 . 10/19/2015
Gave up sleep on. A work week but i loved this story
ChristyWIX chapter 28 . 9/3/2015
Angelica, Angel for short . . . for a female Gemini . . . hahaha! I absolutely LOVE that you had them thinking her the opposite from Angel in this. So funny. Like I said, they will be in for feisty and funny. Mischievous, too. I love that you fast forwarded two and a half years later and she was pregnant with her second. Sometimes, the boys just knows when it's time. I'm glad they are spread apart. It is so much more healthy for the mother and the child, both. Yes, people had and still have Irish twins all the time . . . doesn't always make it healthy for them. So sad to hear what happened to Alice and Jasper's son. Heartbreaking. I am also glad that she is still strong and has admitted that they will try again. Good. It was wonderful news to hear they were raising funds for schoolhouses and have already got enough for three of them. Funny a/n about James. You made me giggle with that one. All of this was really a great story to read. I truly enjoyed the whole thing. Thank you so very much for sharing it with us here. ~Christy
ChristyWIX chapter 27 . 9/3/2015
Not on his birthday, yet still a Gemini . . . she will be feisty and funny. What a treat! I'm so glad that Carlisle and Esme were there for both Edward and Bella. That was really wonderful of them to come. Edward needed those words that Carlisle gave and I am very glad that he spoke them. The scene you painted in my brain was a good one, with those two waiting. Charlie and Edward both calmly out of their minds, was fun to read. His peace has finally settled over him and that was wonderful to read. This was a great chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 26 . 9/3/2015
Men just don't think sometimes. Women too, I suppose. They get so caught up in their world, they forget to do something simple. In this case, Edward thinking he should send word, then thinking it was silly, as he'd be on his way the next day. When that happened on the second day, he really should've sent word. She was unnecessarily worried. And back then, her condition, really was a condition. Hell, women fainted from 'the vapors' well into the early nineteen hundreds. I wonder if the baby will share Edward's birthday? I'm very glad he made it home. Very nice that Jasper met him and traded, so Edward could get to Bella faster. They are both so excited to have a baby. That is really wonderful news for them. Yay!
ChristyWIX chapter 25 . 9/3/2015
I can't even imagine how very dirty all of them must've been by the end of that journey. That said, I can't even imagine how beyond wonderful it would be to wash it all off completely once home. That feeling, must be unlike any other. He was so very sweet to draw that bath for her. All the extra work to do it. He did not mind a bit. Her inviting him in to join her, was really fun to read. His will power is quite good. Well, that was only because the others were right on the other side of that curtain. So cute. Loved that shaving scene . . . so sexy. Then he just couldn't hold off any longer. At least they got theirs together this time . . . YAY! And, Charlie held off until they were done . . . hehehe. He had to have known what was happening up in that room. Most likely the reason he sent Seth. Too fun! Well, let's hope he comes back in that two weeks, cause if we've learned anything about Bella . . . she can, and will, hunt him down. I can just see her setting out in the dead of night so that nobody is the wiser and getting away from them. Now this five day trek, is that by feet? Or, by horse? He could take off on Norma and do that trip much quicker.
ChristyWIX chapter 24 . 9/2/2015
In the end all that matters, when isn't comes down to it, is what Charlie thinks. I'm so very relieved that Charlie believed Bella. I really am. Everyone had been so quick to judge, yet not Charlie. He took her aside and spoke to her as an adult and just, believed. It. Was. Wonderful! When they returned to camp and she ran into Edward's arm, I just adored that. Charlie not speaking to him for two days was the least he could expect. I kind of liked that he took time to process. Their conversation while fishing was a good one. Charlie suggesting he stay a full year, to learn it all. To give Edward's rancher time to settle up his affairs as well. Just a very good scene you wrote with that one. It was great to learn that Charlie found Sue and Seth. That he's expecting again. Bella was really excited about it, too. Their home. They made it. Whew.
ChristyWIX chapter 23 . 9/2/2015
He traded his pocket watch for the necklace . . . 'cause he wanted to give her a gift on her birthday. Too sweet. Alice was funny, with her comment. It's all well and good that Carlisle came to speak with Bella. However, it still rankles me that they did not believe them about what happened. Now, we get Charlie and his shotgun? Why would they have to meet that way? That's pretty cruel. I can just see Charlie dragging Bella off with no thought to listen to her, just like the others didn't. Believing what he'll be told by Carlisle and Emmett. One could hope that Jasper will step up and speak up. Although, he has too much on his shoulders right now, to deal with that family's issues.
ChristyWIX chapter 22 . 9/2/2015
Wow, only three weeks out now. They are so close, yet still so far. It was such a beautiful gesture of him to take her to see the sun rise over that lake. Emmett talking of uprooting to California, isn't surprising to me. If you've come that far, you may as well go that much further. Odd as that seems. Edward, poor guy, can't keep his pants on when they are alone together. And, it was all about him again. Tsk, tsk. Maybe if he's getting it on the regular once they are settled, he'll be able to give her hers as well as get his . . . hehehe. It was cute that the Indians wanted to trade a fertility necklace with them. Yes, they don't need that, just yet. Funny.
ChristyWIX chapter 21 . 9/2/2015
I'm glad you fast forwarded the time frame a bit, by advising us six weeks had passed. If the Hale's, Cullen's and Swan's are most likely settling where Charlie is, wouldn't it make sense for Edward to uproot and move closer? Well, aside from Rose and Emmett saying they'd most likely live nearer to the city. That way Bella will be closer to everyone, in lieu of five days away. I'm also glad that she is standing strong against him leaving without her. Gotta say, I'd do the very same thing. There is no way I'd let my hubs go to check on that house without me. I wouldn't care if I slept on the damn floor either, after those five grueling months. Having slept on the ground most of the time. No, I'd be going right along with him. They should have Charlie come along with them. Charlie's the one that's been resting up since he got there. Tending to his own place but, nothing like this trail, since he himself got there safely.
ChristyWIX chapter 20 . 9/2/2015
The sadness of the fallen on the trails, they all took to get out west. Goodness. The part where he explained that families occasionally had to leave behind their loved one, when they were not dead yet, my heart. All for a better life. How much better is it really, when you've lost the one you love? Edward explaining the reason for the rocks was a tearjerker. Peter's little sniffles, wow. I loved the part when you spoke of the junction and Edward laughing about people finding gold. It was 1848 so, that gold rush didn't happen until a year later. That's where I live, San Francisco Bay Area. Near-ish to the airport. That part was fun to read. I'm still worried about our families out there with everything they need and won't have later. Holy crap! I thought Edward was only twenty-eight . . . not that thirty-one is old . . . and certainly not much older . . . I just didn't expect that. Twelve years isn't that bad. And, they seem to fit each other.
ChristyWIX chapter 19 . 9/2/2015
I figured since day one of their journey, learning how treacherous it would be, that not all of them could make it through alive. Especially with so very many of them traveling together as a large group. I had tears for the man we didn't really know, just from knowing his children. So sad. Jasper just became the patriarch of that family. Emmett too, in some regard, being married to Rose. This chapter hurt. Breathe in blue, exhale pink. Okay, moving on . . .
ChristyWIX chapter 18 . 9/2/2015
Goodness, that's a lot of damage. What wasn't mentioned though was, did they all stay back where they last camped because of Bella? Or, did they stay back to be safe from the encroaching storm? If they stayed because Bella took off, then she'll hold guilt for all that loss from the lighting. If they stayed back because the guides felt it was safer, then that is different. Poor Alistair. How do they make it through those last two months with half their food. Eek!
ChristyWIX chapter 17 . 9/2/2015
I was wondering if he'd get to let her know that he'd been so angry with what she'd done. I'm glad they talked through it. Even better, I liked that she stood strong and told him why she went after him. He promised he will tell her when he's running off before she wakes. Even tough she learned her lesson, he didn't notice that she didn't promise to not go after him again. I love that he took care of her this time. First, by cleaning her up, which was so sweet of him. Then by shocking her by giving her her first orgasm. I loved that she asked what that was. Too cute. I also really loved that he promised it will happen again but, not until they are safely where they are going. Very smart. My fingers are still crossed that she didn't get pregnant yet.
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 9/2/2015
Wow, was he freaked out when he saw her on that horizon . . . a mere minute later and they never would've found each other. Talk about scary. Eek! I don't blame him for being angry with her. I'm thinking he would've stayed in that storm to find the others, had she stuck with the group. He would've been needing to see she was okay. Of course, they happen across and empty small cabin in the middle of nowhere. Trapper cabin. I'm not surprised they could wait no longer. I am disappointed that he didn't take care of her needs first and then take care of him. So far, he's been quite the selfish lover. I'm hoping he gets better with that. I know she will not let him get away with it much longer. Especially when Alice gets wind that she's no longer a virgin and learns she hasn't had pleasure yet. Then Alice, I hope, helps her with what she needs to do to achieve one. Although, it was her first time, so it isn't normal. And, with the times, the women nearly never got off, as it was just a 'duty'. Glad we aren't in those times anymore. I really hope she was in the right part of her cycle and she's not pregnant right now. They need to make it the rest of the way, before that happens. They have special herb concoctions and things they can do to endpsure they still have sex but, don't get preggers.
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 9/2/2015
I really looked the conversation that Jasper and Edward had in this one. Of Edward's adventurous parents. It was sad to learn how he'd lost them. Interesting how simple things were back then. When Sr. passed, Edward could've simply showed up in his stead and everything was accepted. Odd, yet it makes sense, for back then. Edward has got to get his head out of the damn clouds and do his job. Although, I wouldn't be surprised at all, if James loosened the already loose tie. Edward having to chase down the horse makes sense but, James so very willing to leave him behind was absolutely not copacetic. Don't care how much knowledge he has as a guide, something seemed off there. I am glad that Bella went after him. I am hoping that she finds him and doesn't end up hurt, or worse.
3,676 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »