Reviews for The Witch and the Iceberg
LittlemissLazy chapter 1 . 5/3
I always love slightly less crazy Bella. Although, she's charming even if she's all wild and insane. This oneshot gave me a good few laughs!
kyanoswolf chapter 1 . 10/2/2017
This story is a good take on how the incident might have played out with magicals aboard, particularly one like Bella who would have taken out her ire on the iceberg daring to threaten her life/vacation.

But I'd like to point out that the Nobel prizes are not awarded for courage/heroism. They are "any of six international prizes awarded annually for outstanding work in physics, chemistry, physiology or medicine, literature, economics (since 1969), and the promotion of peace."

IF all the muggles on board had not been obliviated and she was given a muggle award, Bella would more likely have been made a Dame (female version of a Knight) in one of the British orders. From the Americans, she might also have been awarded a Carnegie award for heroism (the one established for Europeans) considering the time period. She probably would have been honored by the President. As a witch, an Order of Merlin would be appropriate if she saved many magical passengers.

The White Star Line which owned the Titanic might have given her some sort of reward for saving the ship.

Considering the number of high society and wealthy people on the ship, she would have probably received invitations as guest of honor for dinners/parties/balls for a while.
bellovettrix chapter 1 . 11/13/2014
Haha I absolutely love it! Bella's reaction towards the iceberge just because it blocks the view. Lovett!
turn out fine chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
you never fail to amaze me with the things you come up with- /bellatrix/ winning a nobel prize, for saving the titanic? but somehow you manage to make it, if not totally believable, well-written and hilarious
there were a few missing commas
[and headed up the stairs{,} to where...]
["Oh{,} how troublesome."]
[to go on this 'cruise' to America{,} so that his wife...]
and here i think you meant
[before carefully shutting the door behind {him}] not "her"
'cause from the context it sounds like she's shutting it behind rabastan
besides for those, this was pretty perf
i know it's kind of random but this was probably one of my favorite lines, because it just sums up titanic int two words ["Well...damn."]
and even though bella wasn't as insane as in the books, somehow you still stayed true to her character- with the way she says small condescending things about muggles, her considering the cat a nuisance, irrational anger at the iceberg, and her speech when accepting the nobel prize-
the crowds reaction was perfect, like what the heck is a muggle, but even they know that you can't defy bella, you just have to smile & applaud
this had me laughing out loud, puff
lovi xx
Eternally Seventeen chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
Milly. I swear. You killed me with this one! Your usage of language was simply amazing, to begin with.
A tiny nitpick:
Men and their sense of humour - a full stop should follow, instead of a comma. The next bit should have been a new sentence :)
Other than that, this story was epic beyond measure. How do you write such priceless material? And a Nobel Prize, really? :P I'm still laughing, I kid you not. Thank you for putting me in a better mood and for writing that brilliant story. You are very talented and I love you!
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
Oh, wow, 10 points for originality here :D I liked the kind of Titanic!AU. What a fascinating prospect, and how you kept them magical too. It actually got me wondering what it would have been like had you made it a Muggle!Titanic!AU. Hmm... the things you can do with characters.

I actually quite enjoyed this. Bellatrix was a little less insane than her canon characterisation has her, but I think it fitted her for this. Even so, one could interpret it as an act because she was on kind of a high class ship, no doubt living it up with the rich people. I think she can still be classed as in character in this if you look at it from that perspective.

This was written quite well, however, just be mindful of grammar. For some reason, ff isn't letting me copy and paste so I can't use an example from yours directly, but remember commas after speech. For example, [I like cats." He said] should infact be [I like cats," he said] (don't mind the example haha). Note the comma after 'cats' and the lowercase 'he'.

Anyway, great originality here. I adored that part. Well done.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 10/7/2013