Reviews for Graceful Death
Midwich Cuckoo chapter 1 . 1/14
I loved your short Persian story just because it was about my favorite Pokemon - I always liked cats in their glory - especially real persians, for there is something in them that makes one think about some more subtle sort of evil - not one as pure and open as observed in regular cats - lithe, slender, fast hunters - but about some more drowsy and hidden one - they seem so obese and lazy :) But no; all cats are hunters and Persian is one as well - even if he doesn't resemble one (but he does resemble the Grumpy Cat - even with what he looks like, actually :) ). This fic shows Persian well - he is a real hunter and he does enjoy playng with his prey - like a real cat. This story is well written even if it is so short but then again I do appreciate this, for the Pokemon isn't actually my fandom so I don't know much about the anime. The description allows us to conjure up in our mind a beautiful image a cat-like hunter looking for his prey. It was as if I was listening to Persian himself - as if the Pokemon did have human intelligence and could form coherent thoughts, revealing their thoughts to us. I do hope you will write about this Pokemon once more - he is so cute in his evil, even if this evil isn't actually one; it's rather some sophistication and cruelness - more of it we get to see in the other Pokemon; he is so interesting due to this. He does have one interesting personality; in one of the Emily of the New Moon books by L. M. Montgomery one character says that to be interesting a person has to have some salt in their personality, otherwise it's just with a cook who doesn't add enough salt to his soup and in this way the soup doesn't actually have any taste - Persian does have a lot of grains of salt to put it in this way in his personality and this is what makes him so outstanding. He certainly does have many personality features that make him interesting - and not boring at all - and you managed to show it exquisitely well. Thank you for this story I enjoyed in spite of its shortness. I also have to add it made him sound so smart - your Persian uses a really sophisticated vocabulary :) I can imagine him saying so, introducing himself to the readers who like him so much as I certainly do :) He's like a snake - especially the reference to the grass made me think of one - snakes, after all, do hide in grass, being unseen by anybody until they attack - and then it's much too late. Anyway, another book this story makes me think of is the book series by Tanith Lee - I don't remember which one it was but it's one of the Flat Earth series - it reminds me of how Azhrarn the Demon Prince gave humans a snake as his gift, hoping they would love snakes as much as himself - but no; they hated snakes and it was later on when the demon told his blacksmiths to make something new of a snake - they endowed it with fur, legs etc. - and in this way we got cats :) The only remainder of how a cat was created - that it was a snake initially - was just the fact that when a cat got pissed off, it started to hiss - exactly the way snakes do this :)
An Author's Pen chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
The wording is beautiful, you slip through the piece like the Persian stalks through the grass.

This story isn't saying that Persian is evil, it is saying Persian is a hunter.

I feel other reviews have already said what I would say.

To whoever Tola Burke is, what you said about

"In the eyes of hunters is a dangerous innocence..." sums it up.
xPokex chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Indeed, a new way of showing the 'wild side' of a Persain. Very, very beautifully worded. The words are very emotive I have to say, powerful and very to the point. It get's right at you with every step. I may not be the biggest fan of your reviews but I sure do enjoy your short but powerful, creative stories. Simple yet compassionate.
Illusion-Factory chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
It's best to think of pokemon as slightly smarter then average superpowered animals. That being said, I loved this one. Reminds me of a tiger! or lion or something...yeah...
Dabrikishaw chapter 1 . 9/7/2007
o my god please stop
Cacarukanot signed in chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
Holy-Psychic-Vulpix, SHUT THE F*ING HELL UP. NOW.

There are no words angry enough to describe what I'm feeling against you now.

Farla's writing about something other than 'OMFG PERSIANS ARE EVIL LOLOLOLOLZ', which is what you seem to be getting out of this.

Shut up.
DW-Chaos WolfEdge chapter 1 . 10/31/2006
Whoa, not bad! I've always liked vicious Pokes! This is the story of yours I've read so far, and I already like what I see! Anyway, Persian doesn't seem evil, just hunting to survive. I'm sure I would do the same if I were one... scratch that, ANYONE would do the same. It comes with the insticts after all. I only have one word for this, Nice. keep up the good work!
UnluckyAmulet chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
I really liked this. Persian is a highly under-rated pokemon and most of the time they're always spoilt, pampered things, and I really like the take on hunter.
Lil Ida a MeowthPersian nut chapter 1 . 1/18/2006

This is unbelievable. Never saw THIS side of my favorite Pokemon before.

Then again, I HAVE been spoiled by the anime for a long time...

Anyway, great one-shot. Meow. .0.
Tsunamimbw chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
You certainly do like picking apart the pokemon world do you?

Who doesn't?

Certainly a new way to look at a Persian since the only persian you see is the one Giovanni keeps fawning over.

That sentence was odd.

Well, those little writers who write happy.

They only see the surface.

*random thought* don't you hate sparks?

Spark mini flames.

"This is Shit."

Or mini reviews?

"Good. Update"

~Yeah. Whatever.

~Signing off, Tsunamimbw : Queen of Dots.
Alur3n chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
This is very well written, I actually felt like I was listening to Persian, rather than reading off of a computer screen, visualized the image of the Pokemon hunting it's prey.

You are excellent at getting in to character...
doomofevil chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
HOW many people come to you saying that are no evil poke'mon? I'd rather not ask. Can you post another one of these angst fics?
Kururu soucho boy chapter 1 . 4/20/2004
Good job.
3656754278737 chapter 1 . 10/22/2002
I think you captured the essence of Persian perfectly, here - not 'evil', simply a hunter, who knows nothing else. Good job.
Supermoo chapter 1 . 10/6/2002
How on Earth do you moinky people get evil from this? Do you go up to a lion or something and tell it that it's evil because it hunts to live? Hatchet said that for you to live, something else must die, and it's not like you've never eaten meat before. Seriously, don't go into the "good and evil" thing unless you really know what you're moinky talking about.