Reviews for Smith & McCrimmon Investigative Services, Ltd
Amydiddle chapter 5 . 1/12/2015
Jamie and Amy, the two Scots that trust and love their raggedy men unconditionally.

Lucky Amy; got to see a younger version of her Doc.
HelenaHermione chapter 5 . 12/22/2014
Excellent, excellent story. I'm sorry that I've overlooked it before, but it is brilliant!
Simpson17866 chapter 5 . 10/10/2014
"Raggedy Man" :)

It had genuinely never occurred to me that they would see earlier versions of him, but now I absolutely love the idea of a crossover between Rory/Amy and the version of The Doctor that made Matt Smith a fan of The Doctor (and bowties)
Tamira chapter 5 . 4/11/2014
All right, NOW I am mad with the wisps! Stupid things... I still think there should have been a way to get them memories without hurting people, but if they don't even think about that... And " someday I'll come back..." I teared up a bit, there, same as with Amy's " thank you, raggedy nan" ... Damn you!

This was a very good read ( though it worries me that the wisps are still in that house waiting for new victims...).
Tamira chapter 4 . 4/11/2014
Well, that was nasty of those little light ghosts, but... I can not feel that angry. If they are trapped in that house they must feel lonely and starved for knowledge... Maybe there is a way they can get what they want without continuing to hurt people, though...
Tamira chapter 3 . 4/11/2014
I am really happy the Doctor and Jamie scared those kids last chapter. I mean, I actually GET getting scared and running away from some ghost house even if your friend is in there, it's cowardly and all, but it is understandable.

Not telling anybody, who might be able to help, what happened? That i definitely don't get!
Tamira chapter 1 . 4/11/2014
Oh! Amy, Rory... And Anthony from Rory's letter to his dad!

So, this is before Our dou met Rory, Amy and Eleven from their point of view, but obviousely after it happened for Amy and Rory? No wonder Those two would have confidence in the Doctor. - slightly weird they want to be that secretive about their identities, but all right.

I hope Anthony is ok, I mean time travel weirdness and such means he should end up being ok, but you never know...

On a different note: thank you for writing so much Jamie stuff, he is my favourite companion. :)
SilentGuest chapter 5 . 11/3/2013
So Anthony's back with his parents and all is well, as long as no one else wanders into the Adelo House on a dare. Smith & McCrimmon - saving the day since 1959. Or 1746, depending who you ask. (I wonder if the Doctor's ever planning to go back there and investigate the spirit/ghosts/aliens further, or if he's just going to let sleeping dogs lie?)

As a side-note, the whatever-it-is seems to go through memories amazingly fast, judging by the two things the Doctor said. Maybe that's part of the reason why it keeps trying to get more suppliers.

I love it when one companion tells another to take care of the Doctor. There's an impression that his welfare is a sacred trust, handed from one of his friends to another (even when the process isn't entirely linear).

So, this was a good, engaging story about the Doctor and Jamie's friendship, with a simple, cohesive plot - and the bonus that they were helping other members of the Doctor's family without even knowing it. I enjoyed it. Thanks for putting it up.
SilentGuest chapter 4 . 11/3/2013
Yeah, he jumped. He just wouldn't be the Doctor if he weren't completely heedless of his own safety in situations like this. (And of course, none of his friends would be his friends if they didn't have some things in common with him.)

I'm glad Anthony's okay (and I'm wondering what he thinks of the Doctor and Jamie).

The "ghosts'" motivations make perfect sense to me, and I like the way you brought in a connection to Jamie's memory troubles. The Time Lords really were horrible people, weren't they?
SilentGuest chapter 3 . 11/3/2013
Even though I know it can't really be Weeping Angels, for some reason I was still expecting them to show up here. I think it's just because I associate them with deserted houses.

Jamie - I admire your selflessness (not that it comes as any sort of surprise), but do you really think the Doctor won't just jump right after you? (Just a guess.)

I don't know what's going on in this house, but I'm interested. And I'm worried about Anthony even though I know he'll be fine. Just because his family's already been through so much before this ordeal, I suppose.
SilentGuest chapter 2 . 11/3/2013
Hey. So I meant to review this chapter when I did the first one, but then I was interrupted and...didn't get back to it. Sorry. Better late than never, I guess.

And...seriously, Doctor? A trenchcoat and fedora with...with a kilt? No. Just, no. I mean, no one's stopping you from dressing like a cosmic hobo if you want to, but do you really have to corrupt Jamie's wardrobe too?

Between that and the Great Gallifreyan Beastie, this was a fun chapter.
Kris chapter 5 . 11/1/2013
Thanks so much for writing this! It's lovely to have more stories of the Doctor and Jamie. I think you've captured them beautifully.
LValeria chapter 5 . 11/1/2013
That was great! nice story, and the characters are perfect. I could almost see them :)
In my opinion your Jamie POV was spot on.
TheReaderWithAScarf chapter 5 . 11/1/2013
This was a wonderful story; I loved every word of it. Well done!
IamInactive chapter 5 . 10/31/2013
Awh, what a lovely and sweet ending. I loved the part with Amy's "Thank you, Raggedy man." A very good 'fic that deserves all the praise it gets.

I did think there should have been more of a resolution with the house, and why were the 'wisps' there? What were they, really? I must say there were a few questions left unanswered that perhaps should have been answered, but all-in-all I thoroughly enjoyed the read- especially the epilogue.