Reviews for Against Their Will
littlehermy chapter 22 . 9/9
This story was so cute and such a sweet read. It was refreshing to see Ron grow up in a story instead behaving like a child. Well worth the read.
More please
PLwrite chapter 7 . 7/12
Despite good writing and an interesting and humorous situation, I'm uncertain about continuing. Sadly this story is hitting several notes which make it hard for me to suspend my disbelief.

"her adoptive mother" / "her daughter"- HG allowing herself to be adopted, rather than simply be the ward of MM, or be emancipated, so very shortly after her parents death and when she was so near her majority is hard to swallow. It doesn't sit quietly in the background, the relationship is referred to and thought of over and over as mother/daughter. Weird, seems disrespectful of the Grangers, and OOC for MM and HG.

"I almost feel glad that mum and dad died." "They would have pulled me away. I don't know what would have happened..." -To have HG say she's glad they are dead so she doesn't have to explain her current situation to them? I mean, even as hyperbole that is awful and jarring. And however upset they might have been, does she not even consider making her own choices? This, along with the adoption, infantilizes HG and makes this situation way creepier. In order for HGSS to work when she is still a teen she HAS TO have some/mostly adult like characteristics. You've taken away alot of the conflict and independent action that matured her, don't also turn her into a dependent to be shuffled about by MM's maternal instincts, the Granger's supposed interference, and I anticipate, soon SS's dictates.

"Mr. and Mrs. Severus Snape" -So Witches always, automatically, take their husbands surname?Further compounded by referring to a witch, in formal legal correspondence, as Mrs. Husband. Is the wizarding world that patriarchal/misogynistic? That is very hard for me to believe. Does the system of legal coveture apply as well? Apparently not, she can sign her own will.

"What about birth control?" - Contraceptive in modern wizarding Britain: apparently no emergency contraceptives are available? (Nor diaphragms, sponges, spermicides, etc.) And the mediwhich, when confronted with the fact of a student under her care engaging in intercourse doesn't give her an exam and a talk/potion/options? Neither does her reputed mother, until another day and another midnight fuck has passed. On the plus side! Male contraceptive potion! It would be consistent with HG's character (I believe) to be on a contraceptive regardless if she had been sexually active. She prepares; she has plans and goals; she lives in immediate proximity to lots of young men and has been interested in one or two; she is living in a time of war. It is borderline negligent for MM and PP not to have all of the 5th years and above on regular, long term contraceptives as a general practice. (Beyond the risks of a co-ed boarding school, war breeds sexual violence.)

The suspiciously lost book: I thought the point of viewing a memory in a pensive was that you could see the whole of it, magically preserved, rather than the sketchy vague remembrance. And how is it that HG could not recall at least a substantial list of the books she had out, for a specific assignment, which she particularly would have recommended to RW? I can roll with this though, as its in service to the plot, and wouldn't even mention it if the above hadn't so annoyed.

I apologize for a long winded gripe. I would never have bothered if I didn't think this was, despite all my complaints, a good story, with good writing.
Kij chapter 5 . 6/9
The last part of this chapter had me laughing. So far this story has been very engaging.
Very nice!
MarciKyle chapter 22 . 5/19
This has got to be one of my favorite stories to come back to read over and over again. Thank you for writing it.
Kushka chapter 22 . 4/27
Great story
More please
mzsha18XX chapter 22 . 11/16/2017
second time reading it and still want to reread it. i love it
elizabethrose1974 chapter 1 . 10/13/2017
no smut?! gahhhhhhh
Guest chapter 1 . 8/13/2017
Nah, Ron's a constipated git.
chicaalterego chapter 22 . 7/30/2017
This was such a lovely fic! I love HGSS, and I enjoyed a lot the way you inckuded the intercurse without any lemons. I have read people do so before, on a Naruto fic, but the author implied the act too vaguely and I end up unsure of whether or not it happen3d.

Anyhow, thanks for writing this, it was an enjoyable read :)
SkyeMoor chapter 16 . 7/27/2017
LOL. Okay, so you really ought to have put at least one "cerebral" discussion between Snape and Hermione in. SHOW don't tell.
But you do get points for Lupin deciding, all on his lonesome, to play matchmaker for Snape.
(and props for having Harry sum up Lupin's feelings on the man).
SkyeMoor chapter 12 . 7/27/2017
Ron, the 10 year old in an 18 year old body, does grow tiresome, doesn't he?
Bell chapter 22 . 7/24/2017
I enjoyed your lovely story! Always ready for a fresh take on Sevmione.