Reviews for Selfishly, Mine
kawtharthegreat chapter 10 . 11/16/2013
cute :3 this is such an adorable chapter that last part about Arthur being a nanny cracked me up hahaha Please update soon this deserves more views
Shy Rebel chapter 9 . 11/16/2013
So proud of my friend, here, 94, now 95, views! Great job! I loved it! It was intense, in a good way
sparklybutterfly42 chapter 10 . 11/16/2013
that was almost sweet how arthur tried to cheer ivan up. i like to see that he really does have a good side. Alfred's such a little angel! it's amazing how he can forgive so quickly. most people would hold a grudge for a while, especially if that injury took them away from something they loved, but instead, alfred just forgives him!

thanks so much for the crazy fast update!
Guest chapter 9 . 11/14/2013
This chapter is great. Poor Alfred. ): But seeing how all of the characters act in the next chapter will be fun!
SailorCheesy chapter 10 . 11/16/2013
Awesome chapter! I looooooove this story!
91RedRoses chapter 10 . 11/16/2013
I'm glad Ivan realized how silly he was being! Honestly, if he was at all a guilty party for Alfred's injury he wouldn't have been sitting there. Arthur already doesn't like him. He'd be gone if he actually harmed Alfred. Plus he never has to worry about Arthur sugar-coating the truth for him... Arthur will always be very blunt about his feelings for Ivan unless Alfred's in the room.

And Alfred... I'm just glad the leg break wasn't bad enough that he had to this one type of medical device that has like huge screws fastened into the bone. I don't know what it is called but I've seen it used for people who've been in like really bad car accidents. It looks like a Saw torture device because the screws go from outside your body down into the bone. It is really scary looking and I imagine Arthur might have fainted or something if he saw that thing being used on his Alfred...

Speaking of Arthur, I love the character development! He managed to actually empathize with other people for a short while! That is very impressive. Sure it was because he was able to understand that he wasn't the only person worried about Alfred, but I count this as a win. :D I'm very proud of you Arthur!

Lol, the part where Arthur almost cusses in front of Al's mom was hilarious. And while I'm proud of Alfred for being able to turn the other cheek and handling his injury in a very mature fashion that not even some adult athletes can handle with grace and dignity... the player who hurt Alfred will not be getting such forgiveness from Alfred's attack dogs I believe. ;)
cat-curls chapter 10 . 11/16/2013
I love it! its great! and yes Arthur is nanny like! XD
ThatRandomReview chapter 10 . 11/16/2013
W-wha-England's NOT being a completely selfish bitch? Catch me, I feel faint...Aw, but Ivan crying tugged at my heartstrings, poor thing. Especially since he's one of my favorite characters...*sob* It's not your fault, Vanya! And I LOVE how kind and forgiving of a person Alfred is, even though the other player probably won't apologize...although I kind of want Al to be right and see the other apologize, and it'd definitely be interesting to see the other side of the story.
NanaFay chapter 9 . 11/15/2013
Omg poor Alfred! ): At least he didn't get a concussion, and broken legs do heal faster than fractures, but it still means that he probably won't play for the rest of the season (hopefully Alfred won't feel too bummed about it). My favorite part was when Ivan and Arthur both worried for Alfred's condition, and put their hate for each other to the side. I kind of sensed that maybe it's not impossible for those two to get along. They were able to have fun and play soccer together, and now it looks like they'll be caring for Alfred too :) Great chapter! Looking forward to the next.
NanaFay chapter 8 . 11/15/2013
I tried to watch American football, but it always makes me sleepy lol I do get the basics though (I'm more into futbol/soccer anyhow). Poor Matthew has two guys checking his brother out (awkward), and it seems like more work for him xD Alfred is so naive and innocent, that I can't wait to see his reaction when one of them confesses their love to the oblivious boy! That'll be something to look forward too ;3
kawtharthegreat chapter 9 . 11/14/2013
No Alfred! TTTT I hope he's ok dang it cliff hanger D you got me there Ill be comming back for more keep writing and please update soon I must find out what happens next looking forward to the next chapter!

-Kawtharthegreat
Enigma-Hare chapter 9 . 11/14/2013
Aw your welcome! I like this story loads! Keeps going.
91RedRoses chapter 9 . 11/14/2013
Well let's see if we can't get that review count a little higher. ;)

Okay, so again: loved the chapter. I liked the juxtaposition and the almost foreshadowing effect of the group playing soccer and how happy they are in the first part... only to be followed by tragedy in the second half. It's nice because it sets up this really dramatic feel, like you sometimes see in movies, but there wasn't any cheesy feeling to it. Like in World War Z how the movie starts off with a loving happy family to get the audience invested, and then switches to horror as you see this happy family get attacked by zombies. Everyone in the audience knows the cliche, and knows what's coming so you can feel the emotional manipulation.

Here, I had no idea you were going to end with Alfred getting hurt like this so the chapter has more impact of an impact. Wonderfully done, my dear. Although I fear for that one player on the other team... he has BOTH Ivan AND Arthur going for his blood (and Matthew will probably get in a few hits with his hockey stick too)... feel pity for this soul, he is dead already but doesn't know it.
lafayette722 chapter 9 . 11/14/2013
Aww poor Alfred! That sounds like that guy must have really slammed into him! I hope he recovers as soon as possible. Oh btw thanks for teaching me a new word in Russian! lol it's not a word that I would have learned from my Russian professor :)
sparklybutterfly42 chapter 9 . 11/14/2013
sniff. poor alfie! he must hurt so badly right now! you almost made me cry with this. TTTT
thank you for the update!
129 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »