Reviews for Selfishly, Mine
cat-curls chapter 9 . 11/14/2013
I like this, its nice! and its cute to see how much Arthur and Ivan get worried about Alfred.
kawtharthegreat chapter 8 . 11/12/2013
please update soon Ivan better get alfred in the end!
Guest chapter 8 . 11/7/2013
I liked this chapter. Excited for the next update! Arthur is interesting to read, but so, so creepy. I love it! LOL
Reba G chapter 8 . 11/7/2013
Alfred is dumb as a pile of bricks! DX When is he gonna realize that two certain people are fighting over the trophy that is him!

Good chapter by the way! :)
best chapter 8 . 11/7/2013
mog im laughing gdo much oh ymg oodhs this is best story ever clapping for you this is sbest
Guest chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
ARTHUR, WHAT. THE. HECK. U DONT SCARE THE ITALIAN.
Shy Rebel chapter 8 . 11/8/2013
Awesome as always Virginia! And for our rp, I totally get your busy, take your time! :) The writing rocks!
Comfortable Misery chapter 8 . 11/7/2013
Oh naive innocent yet adorable Alfred, you make the story complete! Nice chapter update i really did like it!
Odji chapter 8 . 11/7/2013
Even if it was a filler chapter, it was certainly amusing enough :p I could clearly imagine everyone staring at Alfred's butt!
Enigma-Hare chapter 8 . 11/7/2013
Aw. Nice reference to Gilbert and Francis are wider of them going to make a future appearance? Keep writing. Hope your slump ends soon.
SailorCheesy chapter 8 . 11/7/2013
Ah, I really love this story! Please keep going! It's so awesome! There really isn't enough stories where people are in love with America first...
91RedRoses chapter 8 . 11/7/2013
Again, it's the characters that make the story.

Personally I feel no chapter is a "filler" chapter if it (a) advances the plot, (b) advances the characters' development, or (c) is a fun chapter spent on character interaction. This chapter falls under c. Seeing the three other characters interact in this chapter is like watching planets revolve around the sun. And in a way, it is a great metaphor for what the whole story is about and the character of Alfred. For all that he is a "main" character, he is also kind of a side character as well. He IS the plot, the main goal the other characters are striving towards. None of their stories would or can progress unless Alfred is involved some how, just like all the planets have to revolve around the sun or else they would go flying off into space.

But for all the importance that is Alfred, he is sometimes not even a character. He does things but all we see as the audience are the OTHER characters reactions. Alfred doesn't react, he doesn't change, he is the object they are all reacting too: Mattie to protect his brother, and Ivan/Arthur to become, uh, "closer" with Al. We don't see Alfred's reactions to the other characters very often nor do we get a lot of the story from Alfred's point of view. It's either one of the other character's POV or a third-person, outsider narrative.

And that's how this story should be. For all that this story is about Alfred, it is more about Arthur's obsession and feelings TOWARDS Alfred. Alfred is the "object" of Arthur's not quite sane affections, and thus we shouldn't be seeing the object's point of view as much: again, because this story is not about Alfred, but his ripple effect and Arthur's feelings. It really is such a great story!

Can't wait for more!
Guest chapter 7 . 11/5/2013
Can't wait for the next chapter. (:
lafayette722 chapter 8 . 11/7/2013
It's okay that you don't much about American football, I don't either! :)
Despite how short it was it was good chapter. Alfred's dancing made me laugh!
sparklybutterfly42 chapter 8 . 11/7/2013
hehe. alfie. i'm loving ivan. he's so cool! poor artie, though. i mean, he's creepy and all, but he really seems to love alfred. poor guy. it's a shame he's so posessive.
thanks for the chapter!