Reviews for Getting Over Her
bleachers chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
HELLO. This was something else. I have trouble believing that in a Career district, a 12 y/o would be reaped, and the section describing the events that led to Pearl's conception felt forced, but other than that, it was a lovely fic.

(And a really nice break from Finnick/Annie.)

Thanks for writing!
Estoma chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
Oh! What a twist. Well done; I didn't see it coming. I admit I thought a fourteen year age gap eternal siblings was a bit odd, but I assumed there was some other backstory there, like an unplanned pregnancy.

While I enjoyed this piece, I was a bit turned off because another twelve year old was reaped. And in a career district. It doesn't make sense that Pearl would be in the games when she comes from a career district. I think I've seen more twelve than eighteen year old tributes and statistically it's impossible. And, you said Pearl was killed by a career and it made it sound like she and Dylan were from an outlying district. In reality, this unnamed career could even have been from 4 because again, they are a career district.

Also, you said Dylan wasn't afraid while watching the bloodbath? I think he would be, however confident he was of Pearl.

And I wonder, why did Dylan never tell Pearl the truth? I understand it's a pretty bad situation, but I still wonder.

Anyway. I enjoyed reading about some OCs, and the story had a good twist. It was also good to see the games through the eyes of a family member.

Good luck in the oneshot challenge.

Cheers.
ZuPOP chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
This is amazing, I followed and favourited you and your story please don't stop writing!
Thargelion chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
this just blew mine out of the water... again...
overall it was really good! i didn't even see many mistakes, except: [Horrible, to lose a sister."] isn't pearl dylan's kid?
at first i was like oh, they're bf and gf. then i was like, oh, they're bro and sis. then i was like, OH! he's her dad.
-slow shady