Reviews for Innocence and Instinct
Grac3 chapter 31 . 8/12
That was a really bittersweet ending to a gorgeous fic. I have loved every minute of this. Perfect hurt/comfort, even though the ending left me drowning in a pool of feels.
NaruShika-Forever chapter 31 . 7/13
I was never able to be mad at Leon. He did what he thought was best. And in the end, he saved Merlin. He didn't need to be distracted and misled my Merlin. He's too loyal to Arthur.

I about cried. Gwaine's words were engraved into his soul! So Beautiful...

Lovely story. So great.
Said The Liar 13 chapter 31 . 6/19
I have to start by saying what a moving ending this story had. The whole plot was a delight to read and I have to say, it caught me by surprise.

When I first read chapter 1, I saw the mention of suicide and - not being a huge fan of suicide fics - decided against reading it. Now, after having read your story, part of me wishes I had read it from the beginning as you were updating (because it kept me on the edge of my seat) while the other part is glad that I held off since I was able to read the whole story completed instead of having to wait. If I did, I would have anxiously checked my laptop repeatedly for an update while you were still typing your story.

From the characters, the plot, to the magic reveal, all the way to the end with Merlin sacrificing his memories and himself for the good of Camelot, "Innocent and Instincts" had me wanting to read more and more every step of the way. I especially admire the fact that the story doesn't have a picture-perfect happy ending but takes a more realistic approach to story-telling (that being, not all stories have happy endings).

Yes, Gwaine lives, Merlin survives, poor honor-bound Leon leaves and evil is vanquished (for now), but our favorite warlock is not and may never be the same. The fact that his memories are gone forever (for the moment) almost gives him a "clean slate" - if you will - to start over. No, he didn't do anything wrong but now he can renew his friendships/bonds with everyone else without the fear of magic and with hopefully happier memories. Leon's words of wisdom - "And if not you will create new memories" are poetic and true and will hopefully pave the way for a better life for Merlin... and another story?...please? XD

Which brings me to my next point, please make your prequel and sequel to this fic. This story was amazing! After I finished reading this, I told myself "Man, I wish this plot-line was a season finale for the actual show" (if it had continued). How awesome would that have been?! Anyways, I'll stop ranting now. This story was amazing to read and I can't wait to hopefully see more from you and this story-arc.

Until later,
-STL13
To lazy to login chapter 10 . 5/31
I think he's faking being back to normal
Ghetta90 chapter 31 . 2/1
Ops, the last comment is mine sorry, I didn't log in :P
So, it's 4.20 a.m. and I've just finished this after having discovered it at 10.30 p.m. and so I've read it in one go and...absolutely love it! 3
There's so much to say but now my mind doesn't work right, and I'm crying too so...
Anyway this fic is perfect and there are 3 images I'll always keep in my heart: Arthur jump in the fire, the way Merlin stays "anchored" at Freya's smile by that fragment and this part:

"Merlin… you didn't let go of me, even when everyone else did, why?" Gwaine asked. "You don't even remember who I am."

Words trickled into Merlin's head, he didn't know where they came from but they seemed appropriate. He turned and looked at Gwaine, one hand on the door.

"Friends never give up…" Merlin said, staring into space absentmindedly, "and they never let go."

I wish I had friends that never give up on me :'( but this is another story :P

All this to say, thank you for all this emotions, adventures and scenes I wished so much they'd put in the show too. Really thank you *_*
And a prayer: please, give us the sequel, we need it! *_*
I'll keep waiting for it and hope! ;)
In the meantime...goodnight! :)
guest chapter 31 . 1/12
great story! is the sequel out yet?
sfox88 chapter 15 . 12/31/2014
But the code is so ingrained into Leon...a king before a servant, the people before himself...he will never kill some "helpless", someone who surrenders. Right?
sfox88 chapter 10 . 12/31/2014
No. He's not. Just a very, very good actor,
sfox88 chapter 7 . 12/31/2014
So Arthur'll die if Merlin doesn't, but even faster of he does. Oh, dear.
DwaejiTokki chapter 31 . 12/22/2014
But...But...LEONNNNNNNNNNN

Wow this was so amazing. I read it all in one day! Thanks so much for writing. I laughed, I cried, I broke several things in my tantrums; good times. Definitely going to read the sequel!
HannahDelaware123321 chapter 31 . 8/31/2014
OH GOODNESS this made me cry! it is sooo good! i hope that merlin regains his memories of his friends and family, hopefully keeping this innocence... i am unsure if that is possible, but this merlin reminds me of a small child and while i read it all i wanted to do was to hug merlin, thoughtout the whole thing, really, i cannot wait for the prequl and the sequel! i am antisipating the greatly!
TheDoctorCafferyGirl chapter 31 . 8/19/2014
WOW. Just WOW. I haven't read a story of this calibre in such a long time. At first I was kind of a bit iffy with how dark themed the whole thing was but something about your story is just so compelling that you cannot stop reading! Aha I hope you know that I've stayed up all night reading this, it's now 5am in the he morning and I have school in like 3 hours, but alas I have no regrets. I've got three hours, time to start in on that sequel! :D
bleeb90 chapter 31 . 7/30/2014
Lovely story! You have me curious for your sequel.
RainbowFez chapter 20 . 6/29/2014
OMG this is amazing i read it all in one sitting. Please post the sequel soon.