Reviews for Innocence and Instinct
Bluegreenus chapter 31 . 10/28
Where is the sequel?
T.T
Happy sad bittersweet
Hey you've got the villain thing down! As in the words of Vegta "Being a good is like being a photographer, you have to wait for just the right moment." Or something along those lines.
I may have had the question you asked answered correctly but it's still an art piece from someone else. I did NOT predict this...
*whistles* o.o...
XDDDDD I was right. I had it about 95% that last five was the way Arthur found out. Nicely done. 8)
Hmmmm... I'm not gonna spoil it. I'm just gonna say if I'm right or not later.
Ya know if he was thinking straight he could of just done some manic in front of Arthur...
If this is what I think it is then fantastic delivery!... time to find out!
Lya200 chapter 30 . 11/14/2016
My heart shattered with Leon leaving! Why you do this?!
clh chapter 31 . 10/5/2016
At first I was annoyed when I realised this was going to be an Arthur-finds-out-about-Merlin's-magic story because I feel they're overdone and tend to miss the mark, but as it played out I actually quite like it and see that it was necessary to the plot with the whole Arthur going into Merlin's mind thing rather than just feeling tacked-on like I was worried it would.

Poor Leon, though. Arthur needs to realise that whatever Leon did wrong he did for Arthur and snap out of his unforgiving mood. Grudge holding doesn't suit him. That's Uther and Morgana's territory.

I liked how you tied in the ball of light thing by introducing it at the beginning and then having its significance become clear later. I also like that Merlin still feels a connection to Arthur.
clh chapter 13 . 10/5/2016
Perhaps Merlin should tell Arthur that when Garlock's spirit possessed him that Garlock's ability to do magic was transferred to him as well. That way he could warn Arthur that magic might be used against him without having to admit he's had magic all along.

Unless, of course, Garlock doesn't know Merlin's got magic yet, and to say that aloud would clue him in.

I liked that Arthur only went all uncharacteristically emotionally-expressive on us because he thought it might help save Merlin. That way he could be a bit warmer than usual without being out of character.

For the most part this is well-written, but there's just one recurring problem that's bugging me and you might want to take into account for future stories. You commonly substitute the verb "stated" for "said". This is a common mistake I see, and a lot of writers don't seem to realise that these words aren't actually synonyms. "State" carries the nuance of said matter-of-factly and without any particular emotion. You sometimes use it after an exclamation mark which is particularly jarring, since the blandness of the verb "state" is in direct opposition to the emotional intensity indicated by the exclamation mark. "State" should really only be used sparingly in dialogue or not at all. It really only works when you're trying to show that someone is saying something very matter-of-factly or formally. It's better just to use "said" twice as frequently than to substitute a word that doesn't fit. Sorry for coming over all didactic, but this is done so often in fanfiction, that I think a lot of people simply don't realise the full meaning of the word "state". Your writing is good otherwise, or I probably wouldn't even bother.
RomulusThePlanet chapter 9 . 10/5/2016
Poor Arthur. I'm glad he's got Gwen and that she knows how best to comfort him. I like how the scenes between them have the right amount of tenderness without being overly mushy-gushy smoochy-woochy romance scenes.
The-Hunters-Girl chapter 31 . 9/29/2016
Wow, Just Wow but... where is the sequel?
Cat chapter 31 . 11/16/2015