Reviews for The Currents of Time
Order and Chaos - Qui Iudicant chapter 50 . 5/11
At first, I was getting uneasy that the story was ending this soon without any kind of closure, but I was wrong. This was as good as any. Nice revelations too. You caught me off guard there with one of them. ;)

I have nothing else to add, other than I'm looking forward to reading the sequel when I get the time. Time that I believe I'll be spending on my own Skyrim fic that is the works. See you then.
Order and Chaos - Qui Iudicant chapter 44 . 5/11
O.O Wow... About we saw that person. By Talos this story is awesome! Sorry I can't have anything else to add, but this is just totally amazing. :D
Order and Chaos - Qui Iudicant chapter 41 . 5/11
One of the things I don't get about Skyrim - or indeed any game that features "soul trapping" or related things, such as destroying souls like they're plants or something - is the utter immorality when it comes to "soul-destroying". Not to wax theological here, but it just strikes me as completely odd. Or disturbing. Whichever comes first.

So the Dragonborn's plan is to send every last Thalmor to the Soul Cairn? Ingenious if it were not for the fact that I myself wouldn't even dare to contemplate such a despicable act. The Divines of Mundus (and, conversely, the Daedra) ought to have jurisdiction of the souls of men, mer, and animals.

I might make up an alternate view in which only a certain quantity is harvested, but leaving the "rest" of the person free to go to the Aetherius. Like, perhaps the powers they gained while they lived in Mundus. That'd be perfectly acceptable. Still... it is uneasy. In a game, I wouldn't mind... but in lore, and in story-telling, I hate it. -_-

Anyway, the plot thickens even more. :D
Order and Chaos - Qui Iudicant chapter 40 . 5/11
Ah... the moment of truth. He's faced his fears. Now we'll see what happens next. Personally, I'd like for him to survive, but I'll see later until i reach the end. If he dies, it'll be that.
Order and Chaos - Qui Iudicant chapter 36 . 5/11
Paarthurnax's conversation with Nosqoriik accurately expressed what I view as blatant flaws in the Jedi philosophy in Star Wars. Well done. It seems the children of Akatosh are taking their first step in a larger world. I'm sure their father would be proud of them.

I forgot to mention this in the last chapter but the "big, white arrow" in the sky made me smile inside. Nice break of the fourth wall there. (Or was it? Perhaps it was a joke like the "you're the dragonborn still can't get through wooden door" meme. :3 )
Order and Chaos - Qui Iudicant chapter 35 . 5/11
Why in the world would Noster think Iseus and J'zargo fancied one another? Perhaps a little bit of a jab at the self-sufficient Dragonborn as payback for not giving him a frost-warding necklace?
Order and Chaos - Qui Iudicant chapter 34 . 5/11
By Talos... Ancano was right to be disgusted. Not only because of withheld assets from the Aldmeri Dominion, but also his conflicting loyalties... thoughts... whatever. He's at least on the path to redemption... slightly. Killing Jarl Igmund, while ordinary enough for the Thalmor, wasn't right even for them. What he should've done was have Sielar be killed instead. Ah well.

The tensions increase, the plot thickens deeply. I'm excited for more! :D
Order and Chaos - Qui Iudicant chapter 33 . 5/11
So *this* is the Black Machine really is. And here was I thinking that it'd be similar to the one Tiber Septim used when conquering the Summerset Isles. Really ingenious man, really ingenious. :D
Order and Chaos - Qui Iudicant chapter 31 . 5/9
Aha, you didn't forget about that dragon hidden inside the cavern. Nice lore usage there. It makes total sense. A minor error I noted: I'm pretty sure that when used as a title "Madness" should be capitalized like the rest. Hence, "Daedric Prince of Madness".

The plot thickens, with the Prince of Knowledge taking an... well, pun not intended, but, taking an interest in things himself. I never liked the princes (princesses, when talking of the female ones; and not in a derogatory sense unless they chose to see it that way) precisely because they were so... childish. However Sheogorath is pretty cool, and that makes sense as in his lucid (rare) moments he is the Daedric Prince of Order, the most powerful of them all. :D

Seems Hermaeus Mora has made the list of the few Daedra I like. Well done.
Order and Chaos - Qui Iudicant chapter 25 . 5/8
Oh noes! That... whatever the female version of "bastard" is. ;) Still, truth be told, her story *is* sketchy in the game. Any chance we'll see the other Redguards show up? I'm loving this story, and good thing it is complete too!
Order and Chaos - Qui Iudicant chapter 22 . 5/8
Concerning Arcano's last statement, that's a truer statement if I ever heard one. Overall I like this arc. Makes me feel for him too now like I do with that Imperial Captain. By Talos I cannot wait to do my own fic. :) I'll be sure to give you a shout-out for inspiration. :D
Order and Chaos - Qui Iudicant chapter 18 . 5/8
What Brynjolf did to that door reminds me of a meme I saw somewhere on the 'net: "You're the Dragonborn and can breath fire. Still can't get through a barred wooden door". Now if Skyrim were rendered properly - or coded - one should be able to pick up an axe, and lay into that door. Then the developers would change the doors all into stone. :3

An error I noticed: "They tethered their horses to some trees a few hundred yards out, (and) approached on foot." Also, in some places, semi-colons would've been better than commas.

It surprises me how little people actually review the chapters. I was expecting at least three or four reviews per chapter, but instead I see one or two, at the most; usually one. A pity. This is what happens when you write really good. There seems to be an inverse relationship between bad writing and lots of reviews/favorites/follows. And the exact opposite between what is actually *good* on this site. Gah, why FFN, why?!

Anyway, excellent stuff. It seems Brynjolf hasn't seen how terrible death really is, when you stare into the eyes of a man you kill. Or I might just be misinterpreting it wrong. It *does* look like he's having the reaction of a man who's just made his first ever kill, up close and personal.

Welp, gonna keep reading. Cheerio, my friend. :)
Order and Chaos - Qui Iudicant chapter 13 . 5/8
At first I thought Iseus had used Hadvar for a shield, then the Captain when I remembered that he did in fact survive, then my mind shorted out when I re-read it and realized, once again, that I was wrong. Darn you.

Anyway, I was quite relieved that it was a hapless NPC and not those two (yes, now I'm starting to care for the Captain as well). Now my mind was set to rest after a few moments of, almost literal, terror.

Not much to say other than the Alftand ruins are being put to good use. Good thing that what's left of the Stormcloaks have given their allegiance to Iseus, 'cause they'll need to stay out of trouble quickly *and* at the same time gear up for war. I am looking forward to reading how the Thalmor's invasion goes.

Cheerio!
Order and Chaos - Qui Iudicant chapter 12 . 5/6
That was a good one. Much better than making piecemeal of it. Those damn Blades. At least they'll have no further part in this. I always felt they were a little unnecessary to the main story anyway, for all that Delphine was helpful in the Main Quest. Esbern was just too gruff. And the lack of choices on your quests, like instead of killing Paarthurnax you could kill either of those two instead. Grrr.

This was an excellent chapter, by the way. Two dragons talking must have been a sight to see - or hear. It is said that when dragons do battle they're actually in the middle of a deadly verbal debate. Wonder what forms the Thu'ums would take, since Shouting Yol would be boring after a while. Probably be earth-shattering anyhow.

Those Thalmor... I dislike them, but I wondered if their mad plan would actually succeed, if at all, given the chance. What sort of arcane magics would they have to do in order for it to work, I wonder? The Daedra might not like them coming back up though. Ah well.

Cheerio!
Order and Chaos - Qui Iudicant chapter 9 . 5/6
Wait until Iseus uses Unrelenting Force on one of those mushrooms, then he'll be stuck with a dragon. XD

So, I can see his plan now. Evacuate all of Skyrim and hide everyone down here while the Imperial Legion and the Thalmor duke it out above. Say, he should try and reactivate those automatons to fight for him, too.