Reviews for The Infinity Effect
DigitalCore chapter 30 . 9/21
I am not Commander Shepard, but this fic is my favourite fic on the Citadel.

In all seriousness, I am amazed at how quickly this fic has grabbed my attention and dragged it by the balls on one hell of a thirty chapter ride. The characterisation is fantastic, the plot is absolutely gripping, and I NEED MORE PLEASE. The divergence from canon is both realistically portrayed and awe-inspiring to read.

My only regret is that Williams and Thane only got a short time in the spotlight before getting capped. Shame, really; I wanted to see what Krios made of himself before he died.

Also, I would like to congratulate you on making me despise Miranda, a character who I cherished dearly throughout ME2 and 3. That's a very difficult thing to do, and I applaud you.
Shalist chapter 29 . 9/12
When you first 'killed off' Miranda in such an unpleasant manner, I wondered if it was just author axe-grinding against a frequently unpopular character; and again when TIM thought of his more cringe-worthy private use of her body. There is obviously more to it than that though, and I otherwise find main chars occasionally being stripped of plot armor and/or dying ignobly to be kinda refreshing / more 'realistic', and am curious how these new developments will pan out.

And there's always the possibility of her recovering (or more likely, her sister / an ally / etc. learning of it), and some revenge being served up.
taintedahab chapter 27 . 9/9
Fuck yeah, Jack is a badass
Axcel chapter 23 . 9/6
Yes, but Mordin, the Krogan were fighting for fertile worlds to feed their species. All you had to do was use your technology to solve their food shortage. Basically, they only fought because you kept shooting at them. The Citadel forces were not desperate, they were stupid and brought destruction down on themselves, just like when they kept knowingly provoking the Rachni and then claimed to be the victim. The genophage was in no way necessary. It was simply easier and cheaper than using omnigel and nanofabrication technology to literally build food from dirt for the Krogan.

Also, by humanity's industrial age, many countries had already gone through worse analogues of the Krogan Rebellions than the Krogran Rebellions themselves. Like the Magyar, for instance.
Axcel chapter 23 . 9/6
I like how Mordin assumes Cortana hasn't already read his data on the genophage. Woods's actions could easily be a smokescreen for Cortana's activities to put Mordin into a false sense of security. Let's face it, ONI's go-to for any espionage is AI. And when you have the single most powerful UNSC AI ever made right with you and it was specifically made for hacking and data-mining...yeeeaaahhh, you aren't going to send an agent except to be caught to hide that you already succeeded. Also, UNSC biological technology is greater than that of the Citadel species anyway. Flash cloning, for instance. No doubt the Covenant has sufficient protections against bio-warfare that things like the genophage proved unfeasible already.
247 Rampant Bias chapter 23 . 9/6
Of course, Spoiler alert for Halo 6, no doubt Cortana is turned back from the Dark Side, defeats the Sith, I mean that big bad who reprogrammed her, and rescues the other AI from the fool's virus (well, hers, but you get my point). Then humanity gets the second half of the Janus Key at the very end and puts them together. Credits roll, ruining many people's day by not showing more epic awesomeness until Halo 7, which begins humanity's rise to their rightful physical state as slightly superior to Spartan IIs (physically and mentally, at least, skill and talent is something else entirely) and combining the technology of the Ancient Humans, the Forerunners, what is known of the Precursors, and post-de-eveolution humanity's immense creativity and cunning to form a society technologically, socially, and philosophically superior to the Ancient Humans and Forerunners alike. We also become bros with the Sangheili united under the Mantle of Responsibility.

Yeah, some things are just too predictable. It'd be interesting to take part in the journey from the comfort of my couch, though.
magnusvictor chapter 30 . 9/5
1) Ouch, there goes Ash.
2) Nice to see UNSC personnel in a MEHalo crossover fic getting to be anything other than (admittedly justifiably) xenophobic!
Lycaon117 chapter 30 . 9/5
Never mind, the supercruiser has 5 projectors, I just looked it up.
Lycaon117 chapter 30 . 9/5
Did you by any chance confuse a supercarrier with a supercruiser? I remember you saying the supercruiser having 5 Energy projectors, but the supercruiser doesnt have that many. The supercruiser is approximately 3.5 kilometers long, and is one of the first covenant ships the UNSC faced with energy projectors but it only had 1 or 3. However, the Supercarrier is approximately 29 kilometers long and one, (The Long Night Of Solace) was seen over Reach and was destroyed by a slipspace bomb. It had at minimum, seven projectors and was extremely well shielded. I am just wondering which it is that the Arbiter's forces possess.
Axcel chapter 14 . 9/5
Not sure what you mean by blue tracers. If you mean mass effect gunfire, those aren't tracers. They are the glow from the electron charge of the projectile from it's acceleration out of the railguns they use. The same reason why MAC shots look like a blue beam.
Well that was an interesting Chapter, aloooooot of stuff about tanks XD shame to have Ashley nd Thane's deaths confirmed, guessing next chapter will be how the main teams reacts to that? Oh well gone is the idea of shipping Sam and Ash hahaha. Was cool to have an insight into the Turian military and the small news bits were a good way to break it up. Feel that it was maybe abit to much techy though this chapter. Still impressive work though :)
Umbra.Venator chapter 30 . 9/1
Good chapter :)
major wallace chapter 30 . 9/1
nice work
Chavez and Clark like the ones from rainbow six? Wonderful idea!
weasel AKA boundedsumo chapter 30 . 8/31
12mm huh. those rounds must pack a punch to be the main gun of a tank and still be smaller than a .50... That is one thin barrel I have to say.
2,376 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »