Reviews for You're In My Veins
MABEL IRIS chapter 10 . 1/13
Exquisito! Por fin una historia terminada! Porque El pecado de otra persona y Hope, altamente frustrante que hayan quedado inconclusas, después de leer tantos capítulos de historias tan interesantes
that-little-flame chapter 10 . 1/9
While beautifully and expertly written, this is unfortunately yet another story where Jane being an abusive, gaslighting asshole to Lisbon is played for laughs :(
Maryfans chapter 10 . 1/5
Maravillosamente bien escrito... eres muy bueno en esto, los comentarios sobre la gramática simplemente no los tomes en cuenta, soy de Chile y me imagino que muchos de ustedes no hablan ni menos escriben en español, mas dificil aun es transcribir un fanfic con muchos capitulos y muy largos asi que rodos los meritos para ti, solo una acotacion seria maravilloso si terminaras algunos de los que tienes pendiente, sobre todo donde Lisbon estuvo presa, muchas gracias por la buena lectura:)
Teresa chapter 10 . 4/17/2020
Just brilliant! Bravo!
I'm a French reader, I actually often read (french) fanfictions about the Mentalist, but there's always something that sound strange to me … too much stuck to some episodes, or a total revisited version of the characters'way to act…
You found exactly the right balance, I thank you so much for all the work you did! If I had enough money :) I'd like to pay the actors to make them play what you wrote!
Maya Sundara Rajan chapter 10 . 12/31/2018
Just one word...incredible...:-)
jancey chapter 10 . 11/19/2017
Thankyou so much. One of the most absorbing and well written stories I have read.
jancey chapter 1 . 11/16/2017
Really loving everything about this story
Bogema chapter 1 . 10/20/2017
the story is beautiful, a little bit out of character though .. but still is interesting. But you should absolutely find a beta who would do the 'grammar reading and checking' for you of it. Mistakes are obvious.
You often use 'then' instead of 'than', do not properly use comas and some other staff.
nashpar chapter 10 . 6/12/2017
Amazing story. The best I have ever read. I so loved all the character interactions. Great work.
Fiinalen chapter 10 . 4/17/2017
I have always been keen on the idea that Lisbon, without her or Jane consciously knowing it, has belonged to Jane from early in their acquaintance. That once they got emotionally involved with each other they were destined to be together. I have found fanfics approaching their relationship from this angle very intriguing. I am impressed how you developed the whole storyline addressing this theme, provoking wide range of feelings from me, from angst and sadness to hope and joy. I also liked it a lot how you explored Jane's possessive and dominative traits towards Lisbon. He's always had them but we rarely got to see them in canon. Lisbon's character was not as versatile as Jane's in this story but I understand that her persistency and stubbornnes was necessary to maintain the angsty arc of the story up until the very happy end.

I am finding it hard to let go of this story emotionally. Probably have to sleep on it (and try to concentrate on a full day of work) before starting to read another one. I can't thank you enough for nourishing my imagination and enabling me to continue enjoying these lovable characters outside the actual episodes of the show.
Fiinalen chapter 6 . 4/17/2017
The Barsockys are back! It was moving to read how Jane wanted to introduce his younger daughter, his second chance, to Sam and Pete, the closest to a family he used to have. The waitress who was the biggest admirer of Lisbon was a great catalyst to Jane and Lisbon's current situation. "God…I cannot believe that just happened." "That you met an adoring fan or that she read you like a book…like your book?" Haha!
Fiinalen chapter 5 . 4/17/2017
It was nice to get Kate's outsider's view to the whole Red John arc. "Those ten years weren't just about catching Red John, the tale of how an investigator and broken consultant fell in love was just as much a part of it as anything else." She is such a good friend to Lisbon and it made me happy to know that she's there for her. Right after Kate's pep talk to Lisbon Van Pelt took over by phone and continued pounding sense into Lisbon. I loved to see these ladies rooting for Jane's and Lisbon's romance as the wedding day was getting dangerously close. The flood-like chaos for Lisbon culminated when Jane surprised her by waiting for her at her office. I loved the hectic pace in this chapter and I loved every word of it.

Writing from Dani's POV switched this story to another, sweeter mood and it was a great method to study the relatioships of this small family from a unique angle.
The sensuality at the end of this chaper where Jane basically seduced Lisbon once again, only to leave her hanging, was amazingly written.
Fiinalen chapter 4 . 4/17/2017
I was drawn to this story from early on but it was chapter 4 that really blew me away. It was filled with momentous events and lovely detailed nuances. Very strong writing here.

I think you have done an amazing job in creating Annie's witty, smart and self-confident character. She brought many funny and light flavors to the story but also much needed directness and words of truth as she interfered with Jane and Lisbon's relationship. I loved it how she insisted calling Jane "Wonder Boy". Chapter 4 especially highlighted Annie's character in the way she deserved to be noticed.

Describing the dawn of the loving relationship between their sweet and clever daughter Dani and her daddy Jane as they got to spend the whole afternoon and evening together was something I couldn't get enough of. You described their interaction with each other so beautifully. I think the way you wrote Dani is closest to what I have always imagined Jane and Lisbon's child to be.

The last part of chapter 4 was very powerful. Jane and Lisbon's straightforward conversation after Dani had been taken to bed upstairs was deliciously in character for both of them. Smug, self-confinent Jane who by now had instinctively been convinced that Lisbon had never gotten him out of her system and was shaking her by bringing out detailed memories from their last intimate encounters. And feisty Lisbon living in self-denial, stuck in neutral and remaining just inches from letting herself admit the truth. I also loved to see in this chapter that Lisbon, although half asleep, finally let herself indulge the desire and longing she held for Jane. My favorite sentence in this chapter: "She dug her fingernails into his back, marking him as hers for once, there was no need for him to do any branding, he knew very well whom she belonged to." Regarding to how this scene continued I have to refer to your A/N and declare that I don't smoke either but almost considered starting after reading this chapter. Pure perfection.
Fiinalen chapter 1 . 4/17/2017
While I was reading this story and thinking about Jane's dilemma with Lisbon after Red John, I listened to music. The lyrics in DJBB's song called Road seemed very fitting:

"Leave a light on, I'll arrive on time this time and try to stay
Leave a light on if the night's too dark, the spark has gone away
Far or near, tomorrow's here
What you need now is not me
How could I breathe out all this fear?"
Munkeyfump20 chapter 10 . 1/17/2017
Wow that is such a wonderful story thanks for a very good read I could not stop reading it I look froward to reading the rest of your stories this is going as one of my favourites