Reviews for Ties that Bind
seasaltsails chapter 1 . 9/20/2015
this is goregous. (faves)
Roxanne Beaumont chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
Awww! This was so sad! i loved Emma's emotion here and how little pieces of Graham's presence are still near her. Nice work!
TutorGirlml chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
Sorry it has taken me a while to review this, but I still had to take a moment to tell you how lovely, amazing, and beautiful it is. The bit where Emma goes to the hospital and looks at Graham's still face one last time is heartbreaking, but I like how you use that to explain how she ends up with his shoelace. It makes perfect sense to me. I wish the show itself had done more to explain the aftermath of his death: did Emma go to the hospital, did she ever put together how suspicious his death was, etc.? I also love the bit of her fear that she will lose the shoelace and that's how she ends up wearing it. I absolutely adore how you ended it: "when she closes her eyes, and closes her fingers around his shoelace, she can still feel his breath against her lips." So tragic but lovely and bittersweet. Really well-done!
Also, out of curiosity, what tweet are you referring to in the author's notes at the beginning? Is that how we know for sure that the shoelaces she wears are Graham's? (Sorry I don't do much social media, and am just curious.)
arinhel.melleide chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
All of the Gremma feels. TT-TT This is wonderfully written, and I look forward to reading 'I See the Light'!
Miss Lyla chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
Ouch. This was very lovely, but ugh my emotions. And somehow Emma taking that shoelace from the hospital and not knowing what to do with it its just so Emma and it kind of break my heart. And, believe, youre not the only one desperately wishing that theyd never killed Graham. So,so,so much potential there
ShayOConnell chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
oooo well done!
JohnGilbertVampirehunter chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
I know this sounds wrong but I like it.
ArianaKristine chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
This is so, so beautiful. It captures Emma's voice so exceptionally, her hopes, her fears, her stubbornness. That she would take the lace from the hospital room ... it makes my heart ache. Gorgeously done.
A.Baroness chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
Oh my god, you always kill me with your stories! This is so, so, so, so heartbreakingly beautiful. I have no words. I wish I could have written something like that, cause it totally mirrors what I'm feeling. Thank you for sharing this with us. I seriously wonder if JMo realizes what she's done to the Gremma shippers!
starophie chapter 1 . 10/9/2013