Reviews for Glow of Dawn
johnd876 chapter 1 . 6/18
Galadriel: (I amar prestar aen…) The world is changed. (ihan mathon ne nen…)
I feel it in the water. (han mathon ne chae…) I feel it in the Earth. (a han noston ned gwilith). I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost. For none now live who remember it. It began with the forging of the Great Rings. Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine rings were gifted to the race of Men, who, above all else, desire power. But they were, all of them, deceived, for another ring was made. In the land of Mordor, in the fires of Mount Doom, the Dark Lord Sauron forged in secret a Master Ring, to control all others. And into this ring he poured his cruelty, his malice and his will to dominate all life. One Ring to rule them all! One by one, the free peoples of Middle Earth fell to the power of the Ring. But there were some who resisted. A last alliance of men and elves marched against the armies of Mordor, and on the very slopes of Mount Doom, they fought for the freedom of Middle-Earth. Victory was near, but the power of the ring could not be undone. It was in this moment, when all hope had faded, that Isildur, son of the king, took up his father's sword. And Sauron, enemy of the free peoples of Middle-Earth, was defeated. The Ring passed to Isildur, who had this one chance to destroy evil forever, but the hearts of men are easily corrupted. And the ring of power has a will of its own. It betrayed Isildur, to his death. And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge. Until, when chance came, the ring ensnared a new bearer. The ring came to the creature Gollum, who took it deep into the tunnels under the Misty Mountains, and there it consumed him. The ring gave to Gollum unnatural long life. For five hundred years it poisoned his mind; and in the gloom of Gollum's cave, it waited. Darkness crept back into the forests of the world. Rumor grew of a shadow in the East, whispers of a nameless fear, and the Ring of Power perceived. Its time had now come. It abandoned Gollum. But then something happened that the Ring did not intend. It was picked up by the most unlikely creature imaginable. A Hobbit, Bilbo Baggins, of the Shire. For the time will soon come when Hobbits will shape the fortunes of all...

Prologue for Lord Of The Rings The Felowship Of The Ring extended edition
Did you know that when they filmed the scene where Aragorn kick the helmet the screams were real? The reason why the screams were real is because Viggo Mortenson had broken his toes by kicking it so hard.
Sit down in elvish is Havodad.
pineapple-pancake chapter 49 . 3/17
It is a beautiful ending.
Thank you very much for writing, sharing and finishing this story.
The Maglor issue remains a mystery, and I think in the context of the story, it would make sense that Amina would not know anything more of significance about his father until she sails to the undying lands.
Also, I think if you would have continued this story it could have easily transformed into M, due to married life.
Consequently, I agree with you that it is a great place to end it.
Finally, I would like to praise your writing in expressing the romantic plot, in terms of expressing the growing affection, and then the overwhelming love and devotion among Legolas and Amina. Also, I think you did very well in portraying the LOTR characters in a way that feels right to their respectives age and culture, which I found quite remarkable and challenging to do.
So congratulations for a well written fanfic!
pineapple-pancake chapter 36 . 3/16
Great! I have really liked the slow building of the relationship. It is a serious decision and should not be done in a rush.
sjcrown3 chapter 49 . 2/10
Absolutely a joy to read. I loved how you went well and beyond RotK, touching on the aftermath with Aragorn's rule in Gondor as well as the remaining orcs. Although this ending is not what you originally intended, nevertheless it has been a really fun read. The romance was lovely, I was glad that you took it nice and slow rather than rushing it. Great work!
Jezzyh89 chapter 19 . 1/22
This is so well written3 Very pleased how Amina's character had opened up to Legolas earlier on. Saving haldir seemed fitting as well. Amina is honest, almost to a fault, but that only makes me love her more. She means well. Cant wait for them to finally admit out loyd how they feel!
Jezzyh89 chapter 13 . 1/22
I think its fitting that their relationship has been a slow build(they are both so bound to "duty first"). However, Id be lying if I said im not think, "oh, both of you just admit it already!" Haha ;)
Jezzyh89 chapter 10 . 1/22
This has veen going very well! With each chapter I find myself unable to stop. Amina is so wonderdully written and her moments with both Aragorn and Legolas are precious and beautiful in their own ways.
Jezzyh89 chapter 3 . 1/21
Very interesting.. i think she fits right into the story flawlessly so far.
VanyaNoldo22 chapter 49 . 10/22/2017
I love your story, mellon nin! It is simply amazing and beautiful. The ending (even if I really want more, XD) is very fitting too. There may be questions unanswered but the conclusion was made in a very crucial moment. And it opened my mind to so many other possible future events. I'm glad you wrote this stort, mellon nin!

I hope you write more, stories! Have a nice day
TheRadiantFire chapter 49 . 7/29/2017
This story was truly AMAZING! I've felt every part of it, and I love how you've set out Amina's character. I really hope for a smaller story, but either way, you should be very proud of yourself! 3
Rakshasha chapter 49 . 7/22/2017
I just sat long two days and read through this story. You really captured my heart with it, how you portraited Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli, well, all of them for that matter, truly amazing work! And slowly throughout the story I've also come to love Amina, just as if she become my friend and she's a great heroine, you wrote her beautifully, as the the relationships she had with all of the Fellowship and other characters. Also Legolas is amazing here and I loved how their relationship developed, brilliant! There were some moments I frowned upon, but they've become lost in the joy you brought to me with this story, last chapters especialy. If you ever decide to write another story to tie up the loose ends, I would be more than happy to read it! The Maglor thread I'm most curious about, but you're right, this is a great moment to end this story, it doesn't feel abrupt or unfinished, is filled with joy and leaves us with warmth, though also with a bit of curiosity. It's a good balance, if you would never find your muse to finish it further. Really, really great work, I cherishe every moment spent on reading this story, thank you for it!
sleepywitchysamurai chapter 49 . 7/19/2017
this is a beautiful story and I enjoyed every moment of it. thank you for sharing
Lisamalvina chapter 49 . 6/26/2017
That was absolutely beautiful!