Reviews for The Catalyst
acompletenerd chapter 20 . 7/1/2021
The tears!
Kagyuubi chapter 19 . 6/7/2021
There was suppose to be a crying face with my last review. I mean ‘why’ as in ‘why you gotta do Harry and Hermione like that?’ You know?

Beautifully written, I hope you manage to finish this up one day. Now I gotta go read something cheerful now T_T

(I had to post this here since I already reviewed chapter 20)
Kagyuubi chapter 20 . 6/7/2021
Bro... why?
Fearful Porpentine chapter 3 . 5/5/2021
No idea where this is going, but it's an absolutely fascinating start.
JraittM chapter 20 . 4/13/2021
Oh god please update, this story was a roller coaster and I really want to see where you go with it.
LoganLiet chapter 20 . 4/11/2021
damn it hurts
PkScholar chapter 20 . 1/7/2021
Wow, talk about a place to end the story...I don't even know where to go with this one. Beautiful, obviously, and compelling, but I wish I had known what I was getting myself into. I wish we could see the end of this one
PkScholar chapter 19 . 1/7/2021
Wow, you just ripped my heart out of my chest and tore it to shreds. God, that was so painful. Why why why why why
PkScholar chapter 8 . 1/6/2021
I'm shipping so hard rn I cannot wait for more
efachepis97 chapter 20 . 12/14/2020
Two days ago I was still in the process of looking for promising stories and while some of the initial chapters of various fics had potential, I was becoming increasingly frustrated with the bad writing, dialogue and characterization which is present in the huge majority of stories on this site. In the end I simply googled 'best written harry potter fanfiction' which led me you. And you live up to the title.
I loved this story of yours, it's one of the best I have read so far on . You write very well and your characterization is spot on. I especially like your portrayal of Ron (and Ginny). You wrote him with all of the flaws he shows in canon, but you didn't cross over into 'bashing' territory. It's a tough situation he finds himself in (frankly, its a tough spot for all involved) and the way you had him react seemed very natural for him. It's a far cry from the 'standard ff spiteful/loathsome' Ron we've all read too much about on this site. Sure, he's not the most likable chap in this story, but I think it can be considered a true rendition of him. Same with Ginny.
The thing that truly separates this story from the run of the mill on this site is that you've managed to make the characters very relatable. You provoke the reader into feeling for and with the characters, you've written them so well that the reader can truly understand what your characters are going through (note: nothing can make the reader truly feel the grief of a parent who loses a child, but few authors can make their readers feel as much as you did). You just got all of the characters spot on and they have grown on me like few other characters have on this site (I'll miss reading about Eleanor. I can only repeat the words of a guest reviewer before me who said that the worst think about your story is that Eleanor's an OC and thus we cannot go looking for other stories of her where fate might have been a bit kinder).
Anyway, thank you very much for this horribly lovely and tragic story.
Aime Vargas chapter 20 . 11/8/2020
I loved it, I'm crying like a crazy god, it's so sad, I never read a plot like that, it was so cute and heartbreaking, I need to go find many tissues
adamantiumsleep chapter 20 . 10/10/2020
This was incredibly well written, emotionally vast and raw.

It left me unbalanced.

Not something I've read before in hp ff.

Thank you for this.
Pixiegyrl23 chapter 20 . 9/12/2020
Oh my gosh. I cant even. Im crying buckets and my cat is so concerned.
AvaLuluTM chapter 20 . 7/30/2020
So, I cried like ugly sobbing crazy. But this definitely is my favourite book now!
Steavatron chapter 20 . 7/21/2020
Dear god this was a rollercoaster. I feel so utterly drained at how this seems to have ended. I felt so attached to Eleanor and I found myself wishing that she wasn't an OC and that I could find another fic where the fates hadn't been so cruel to her. I think you wrote this really well, technically speaking its an outstanding achievement. Well paced, vivid imagery, likable characters, believable antagonists, good grammar and spelling and all that.

As noted in the previous review, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of reading your work. It was emotional.

Forgive me, though, for never wanting to see it again, what with the way it happens to end and all.