Reviews for Better Angels: A Call to Arms
Planetar chapter 17 . 5/15/2014
My feelings on Aria are well known, so I won't bother you with ranting about it :) Still, it doesn't surprise me to see Rachel dealing with this in different way than Tabitha, though, if I went with how you've written this, she was actually acting in a rather renegade way throughout Omega, since Aria was still quite happy to strangle Petrovsky. But maybe it was just some writer liberty applied? Well, at least she managed to avoid the kiss and handle things rather maturely, which is something I can't really claim for Tabitha :P

As usual, nice reading and a good thing to brighten the morning. Good work wyles.
Revan's Mask chapter 17 . 5/15/2014
Overly "optimistic" there, Aria, about Shepard's fate. An good take on that character. I think a lot of the people who like her overlook what a dreadful person she is in general. She's just lucky Shepard didn't shoot her for that crack about Liara.
RheasHelm chapter 17 . 5/15/2014
Not as original as the other chapters, but still a good read. Aria is such a great character, and she does not disappoint here, either.
Her ripping Liara time and again was particularly funny ("some weakling pureblood maiden", "your little pureblood whore", "Shepard's prissy little fuck-buddy"). She must not know the new Liara yet.
I wonder if Shepard realized how close she came to being murdered by Aria. With Aria at your side, who needs enemies...?
"hitting people with lumps of metal never goes out of style" - nice comeback, Shepard!
Ledilettant chapter 17 . 5/14/2014
Aria should know that cats got 9 lives.
BA Tanglepaw chapter 17 . 5/14/2014
Loved this little waltz through Aria's psyche! Interesting that she seems so sure that she could actually take Shepard. Maybe she could - but this Shep has some steel and enough unpredictability that I doubt it. Job well done! This is one of my favorite chapters!
Elizabeth Carter chapter 17 . 5/14/2014
an interesting take on the retaking of Omega. you know you have to wonder if Aria really was thinking of offing Shepard, but like she said it was in her best interests that the Shepard win her war with the Reapers. I love how she got irritated at Nyreen and Shep getting along.

i so do enjoy you're character driven povs. one of my favs is still Baccura and Liara's. Its cool that you also add Liara being referenced in nearly every one. It sorta reminds me strangely enough of Edard Stark being dead for 4 seasons and yet he is nearly referenced in almost every episode of Game of Thrones.

lol in my game she does too, she strangles that swit general but then leaves him alive and I have Shep shoot him ( I don't get the kiss but that's what fanfic is fore)
ServeMeTheSky chapter 14 . 5/11/2014
Hah, Captain Cockblock!
robb1068 chapter 16 . 4/30/2014
LOL! This is just a fun, fun chapter tying together Kasumi's ME3 cloaked spying with Liara and Aethyta's Presidium conversation.

"I swear to God, Aethyta, I don't only listen to Liara because she lets me see her naked. I'm also really hoping that's not how she gets Wrex or Garrus to take her advice." Yeeeeaaahhh... and that's the line that lands Rachel in the doghouse.

"Dinner, and then you're taking me dancing." She winks at Kasumi. "If you want proper blackmail material, Kasumi, feel free to tag along." Ouch, Liara gets her revenge and doesn't play fair! :-D
robb1068 chapter 15 . 4/29/2014
Great introduction to Urdnot Bakara's character, what she's been through and what she's going through. In her quiet reflection in the medbay, I really got a sense of the awesome opportunity she carries for the krogan people... if this Shepard can be trusted.

Gah! Now Chakwas has Wrex on the run... why not turn her loose on the Reapers? :-D

Neat excuse to get Liara in the medbay and the treatment was a nice backdrop to the conversation.

I really enjoyed the dialogue between the three characters... Bakara is intelligent and perceptive, but speaks bluntly like a krogan; Liara gets to talk about Shepard and she's naturally well spoken, but alternates with adoration. I especially liked Chakwas... there's a levity that comes with the stress of her profession, but I think she speaks both passionately and accurately about why everyone follows Shepard. It made me think of early in ME2 when you can ask her why she's working with Cerberus and she replies, "I'm not working for Cerberus, I'm working for you."

Liara continues. "I was laid up in the bed over there..." "No you weren't," Chakwas interrupts cheerfully, "this isn't the same ship, remember?" LOL! It is pretty close!

"If Shepard is truly an ally, if she will keep her word, the krogan can finally be free, and that newly struck freedom will be the spark that ignites their appetite to fight, because finally, they will have something worth living for." I like to think this plants the inspiration for Bakara's speech on Tuchanka to rally the clans.

Interesting chapter! I liked seeing Shepard not through a comrade or crew mate, but through someone with genuine concerns about who she is. But like Liara says, "the krogan could have no better ally in the fight to come." And I think we can all agree on that... even if we are a little biased. :-)
RheasHelm chapter 16 . 4/18/2014
It's nice to see that you added a couple new chapters, both of which were fun to read. They seemed to be more about Shepard & Liara than Bakara and Kasumi though.
I was fun to see Chakwas putting Wrex in his place.
I also appreciate that you've clarified once and for all that Shepard values Liara not only for her nekkid body, but also for her opinions (riiiight)...
Theodur chapter 16 . 4/15/2014
Heh, that scene with Kasumi trying to fake her death in the hanar embassy was pretty damn silly. I mean... come on, a Spectre would have never fallen for it. I mean, if she died in the explosion... where the heck is the body? Oh well. ;)

That said, I absolutely love it when Kasumi gets some screen time, she's an adorable little scamp, and her playful personality is simply delightful. And lately I've kinda noticed how appealing her curves are... why oh why couldn't she be a LI? :(

Nice chapter!
Revan's Mask chapter 16 . 4/15/2014
Heh, nice chapter. Kasumi's another character I'd have liked to see more of. (Always wished she was an LI in ME2 actually) Plus, loved smart Shepard and that Aethyta conversation. Wouldn't peg Liara as a dancer, but I guess you never know.
Riptide Monzarc chapter 16 . 4/14/2014
And now we get a more detailed interaction with Shepard! It's been a little while since she's got some extended face-time in one of these chapters. She's incredibly brilliant, riffing with Aethyta over Liara, and then bringing the matriarch into the intel loop. And I literally laughed out loud at the last few lines; as smart as Rachel is, she walked right into that one.
Revan's Mask chapter 15 . 4/14/2014
I like your take an Eve. She was someone I wish we'd gotten to spend more time with and I think you've captured her blend of hope and cynicism very well. I still don't get why you think Chakwas is intimidating, but no big deal.
Riptide Monzarc chapter 15 . 4/14/2014
This was an unexpected perspective, though you've certainly done it justice. The shaman of the female clan aptly demonstrates the accumulated wisdom of centuries here, in her thoughts and perceptions and questions. I also like the peek into Virmire, and the interaction between Shepard and Wrex. It makes sense that she would bring Wrex in to see things firsthand, and earn his faith by giving it to him in the first place.

Thanks for keeping up on this!
188 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »