Reviews for Better Angels: A Call to Arms
BA Tanglepaw chapter 16 . 4/14/2014
Have to admit that I chuckled through the whole piece! Shep leading Kasumi around was very amusing, as were the conversational twists with Aethyta, Shep and Liara. Shep's 'defense' of Liara was sooo helpful, heh. (Hope Shep has some credits to spare...) Loved the way Shep charmed Kasumi into assisting with the crucible and code-cracking. Lots of fun here with our master thief! Really enjoyed this one. Terrific chapter!
Gabrielle Henson chapter 15 . 4/14/2014
You remind me here how good it is to have the good Dr Chakwas around. She makes this chapter shine.
Her interactions with Wrex were priceless. I totally lover her "I'm not asking you, I'm telling you".
The overall tone of the chapter was playful and a pleasure to read, thanks for sharing!
Planetar chapter 16 . 4/14/2014
Two chapters in as many days? Somebody's on fire :)

It's an interesting spin on a funny scene. Though I guess I'll now always be paranoid about Kasumi watching me cloaked... also, doghouse most be reference to something pretty familiar, but I'll be damned if I know what. It simply doesn't ring any bells.

It's always funny to watch flustered Liara, she's just adorable that way. Of course, it's also nice to see her getting some payback.

Good work, as always.
metaladdict chapter 16 . 4/14/2014
nice chapter!
BA Tanglepaw chapter 15 . 4/13/2014
Totally made my day! It was interesting to get a glimpse through Eve's perspective. It seems so in-character for her to be introspective and to investigate Wrex's loyalties. Chakwas shines brilliantly here, providing medical care, giving advice and asserting her unique authority even with Bakara. Brilliant to point out that if the Krogan were as childish as the other races often paint them to be - they could have just stood aside and watched the Reapers wreck the galaxy (Of course, they would have ultimately payed for that...). Always good to hear Liara's version of the events of ME1. She certainly did Shep justice and wonderfully managed to demonstrate how Wrex had changed, what motivated him to return to Tuchanka and why he has such loyalty to Shepard. Very well done! Another fabulous chapter under your belt!
Planetar chapter 15 . 4/13/2014
You spoil me rotten... and I love you dearly because of it :) You know... in a totally platonic way :P

Two of my favourite girls in ME3 interacting. It's about as good as it gets. Thank you for this.
Yuri-hime chapter 15 . 4/13/2014
*snuggles happily into the warm feels this chapter invokes in me* Marry me, and write sweet stories like this all day please X3
metaladdict chapter 15 . 4/13/2014
yay new chapter.

I enjoyed it :)
stairwaytotheskies chapter 15 . 4/13/2014
Ahhh, Chakwas teasing Liara gives me life. I'm glad they gave Bakara some things to think about.
Gabrielle Henson chapter 14 . 3/23/2014
I had totally forgotten there was a new chapter of this story! What a pleasant surprise as I quite randomly browsed my alerts stories !
So Jack.
I admit that I first I was a little bothered to see that it was Liara again who was going to be involved in the conversation, since she had so little interactions with her in the game and I think I would rather see Garrus or Joker since they were there during the suicide mission and actually know her (maybe you should do a second round of conversations with other characters when you're done :-)).
But of course, the reason behind Liara's presence (Jack's real name) completely makes sense. Just as it makes sense for Jack to still has trust issues despite how far she has gone since meeting Shepard. Those things don't get resolved so easily.
I liked the fact that Jack told Shepard she never knew her name until then. A nice touch.
And I think you did a great with Jack's voice. I could nearly hear her saying those things.
Overall, not my fav chapter (but I don't care that much for Jack anyway) but a very enjoyable read as always.
M2J MandalorianJedi chapter 10 . 3/16/2014
The others could fit well within canon- but this one is a slight deviation. Believable too. I've loved all of these to date and will continue on.
M2J MandalorianJedi chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
That last line is as funny as a line from a m!Shep/Tali fic where after Shepard got back from meeting with Leviathan, almost killing himself in the process Tali put him in the "canine's house".

Then there's thein-game banter between Vega and Garrus where James calles Garrus "chicken" to which Garrys replied "I don't even know what that is, but I hear everything in the galaxy tastes like it".

You have to love non-human's confusion of human idioms,.
robb1068 chapter 14 . 3/2/2014
I have to admit it took me a few readings for this chapter to settle with me. I thought Jack's characterization was great, but at first I thought it felt more at home during ME2 than during ME3. However, Jack isn't *that* far removed from who she was when we first met her (six month magically growing hair not withstanding) and she gives us an interesting prism to view the wiring and trust between Shepard and Liara.

"God damn Chakwas. She's nearly as bad as Shepard." What is it about Dr. Chakwas that intimadates both Grunt and Jack?

"And you know my conditions. Assuming, of course, that I'm not too busy with my real work when you call - you know, servicing Shepard, or running errands for the doctor. It's such a busy schedule." Ka-zing!

I really liked the quiet exchange between Jack and Chakwas.
:-)

"Hey," Jack returns, suddenly self-conscious. She doesn't want to get Shepard's back up by laying into her lover in front of her. Crazy, but not stupid, that's her M.O." Yeah, that's probably conducive to good health.

"It's like Shepard has an extra setting on that dumbass grin" LOL!

"Uh, you two want to get a room?" Jack snarks. "We're in one, Captain cockblock," Double LOL!

Jack might be the first person from the crew to call Shepard by her first name. :-O

Enjoyed the back-in-forth between Liara and Jack and then later between Shepard and Jack... the first a conversation between two people that don't know each other and the second between a mentor and a pupil. Both conversations work so well.
OriginalAlcy chapter 14 . 2/28/2014
Great use of the present tense, mate! It’s always tricky to get it right but when it’s done well it really puts you in the story.

You’ve captured Jack’s voice perfectly. I think I struggle a little with writing her as she’s an incredibly complex character. Everything here was perfect, the little flashbacks, insights into Jack’s character and her relationships with others. It fits that she thought Shepard was only interested in sex as she is completely unused to anyone simply being decent to her. The same thing with Liara offering up her real identity. In Jack’s world, everything has a price.

A thoroughly enjoyable read, as always!
lazykumo chapter 14 . 2/24/2014
An extra setting on dumb ass grin...man that's my new favourite line!
Jack is the only other female squad mate my shepards romanced. I have a soft spot for her. Gosh she is angry but quite believable in terms of her actions toward Liara. I guess she could be less angry in ME3 given her transformation. It's awesome you managed to come up such a well packaged post mission story.
188 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »