Reviews for You'd Tell Me
Whatif-ifonly chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
I have to agree with you - JJ's sudden worry definitely has to tie into whatever the big 'revelation' about her past in episode 200 is going to be and given the conversation that happened just before her sudden discomfort - well I guess we'll find out about that in due time...

But I absolutely love what you've done in this one-shot! I love how you've taken JJ and Spence back full circle to their trust issues from two years ago. That was brilliant.
tannerose5 chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
"Spence, I'm not worried about anything except maybe solving this case." LIER.
This will come up again, and soon. Episode three is when the new chief will be introduced. Yay, another good looking man to view :) Then, all hell will hit the fan. As for the season of JJ, I'm not too excited. I'm afraid she'll break more trusts again.
I did enjoy this one-shot, though. These two were good friends for so many years.
Hippiechic81 chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
WOW! Great story! I hope that this secret on the show whatever it is won't wreck friendships again! Hope the secret isn't as bad as they are making it sound!
Annber03 chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
"JJ missed Reid, and wanted him back in her life. Reid missed JJ, because she was already gone."

And for the second time today, I say this to you: Ow.

Actually, I could say that about this entire story. You honest to god scared me there for a moment halfway through, during the "there was something so painful about this conversation" line-I know they managed to "make up" in a sense after all this, but even so, my stomach dropped anyway at the mere thought of them possibly ending things between them altogether. And then there was all that hope, all that optimism at the end...only to bring it all crashing down once more with that very end bit from last night. And now I'm sad and worried once again. I'm LOVING all the JJ/Reid moments we've been seeing this season thus far, and I know tension makes for good stories and drama and whatnot, and I'm dying to know more about whatever secret(s) JJ is holding. But god, I really hope whatever's up with her doesn't damage her friendship with Reid any further. Let alone whatever the hell else is lurking between them. It's stories like this that make me realize just how heartbreaking such an idea is to me.

Focusing on happier parts of things for a moment: I love the talk that they had here. Interesting idea for JJ to show just how deserving she was of all the blame, that she does acknowledge all the pain and hurt she put Reid through. And I like that Reid got a chance to lay out exactly what it was that bothered him, and how he's trying very hard to understand the position she found herself in. He's nothing if not pragmatic and reasonable, and I like that that side of him showed here.

I also like the way they wound up being made to have such a talk. I feel for Reid with the avoidance (though I'm glad that he still got to see Henry), and how his whole thing with JJ catapulted him right back to his days in school, and the girls who would tease and toy with him.

Sigh. Yeah. Things seem like they're going to get VERY interesting this season, both with JJ alone and with her relationship with Reid and the others. I'm incredibly curious, and nervous, as to how it'll all play out. Excellent take on another scene from this season.
sugarhigh9394 chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
Ouch. Feels. Ouch.
You've managed to make me smile like a loon and nearly cry within a span of a few hours.
Well done! That takes some skill :)