Reviews for Angel Unchained
weapon13WhiteFang chapter 17 . 1/12
So it's been over 4 years – almost five in December – since you updated this story and I'm accepting that you've probably moved on / lost interest or just don't have time. I'm sad that I didn't find this story while it was at it's prime so I could read alongside “SOA Loving mom” as well. Their story sounded interesting but I see they've moved on as well.

That said, I still wanted to leave a bit of a lengthy review and I hope you get a chance to read this and haven't completely shut out this fanfic and the readers.

I will say that the reason I probably never got a chance to read this in its hay-day is because I am generally not a fan of Daryl/OC stories. Mostly because I find them all following the same cliche's, bad writing, a combination of both, or because they're too self-insert. And this one has cliché moments and characters as well... But the way it's written, the way you presented Amber and Barry and Deb and all these other characters FEELS real. There's a cliché to the stories and I'll touch on my biggest peeve in a bit, but the fact that these characters seem so real – so developed and placed and cared for – makes me wish they WERE apart of the actual show (although I'd be worried about all of them dying via walker or something so thank god they're not!). So you have a saving grace from my usual distaste for over-use of original characters in the fact that you gave them life and that's something I applaud.

Another thing I like about these stories is that we get a shift in focus from time to time. It's not just from Amber's side or Daryl's side either. We get Norm and Kaye and Deb and Barry and Merle and Beth and etc etc... I love that. I like that because it reminds me of a show. We can get POV from other characters, get into their look at things, their opinions and I appreciate that. Being able to see each of these characters from so many different angles is another reason why these characters feel so alive and real and I am gonna gush about that forever about you because damn you did good.

Now for my biggest peeves. The cliché and character focus and spacing in the moment... What do I mean by cliché, you're probably wondering... Well first off, I am not a fan of the “villain wants to capture the female protagonist” and “the raping of a main character”... Now that's not to say you haven't done well with this cliché. In fact you've handled it nicely by leaving it present but also not letting it completely overtake Amber and Daryl and everyone. It's always there, but it's not at the forefront of everything and you've even incorporated it into one of the possible reasons the baby could kill Amber because of the tears in the walls. While cheesy and kind of hospital drama of you, I'm not to focused on that... I personally just do not like these types of cliche's. The villain wants the girl thing is.. It's very overdone and very “Twilight” (Two guys after one girl kinda thing is what I mean by that). Martinez wanting Kaye in the first one and Philip with Amber. Kip with Kaye in the second story. To me it's an overdone trope that you might see on Days of our Lives or Young and The Restless or in a first time writers drabble. I love how you wrote it, though, so that's why I'm trying not to dig at you too hard... It's a personal thing and I feel the story could be more without just those elements as a large driving point. But I applaud your work.

Now I know I complimented you on having all these point of views from different characters to tell the story – and the fact you did it without making me confused as to who was thinking what at a specific time – It's also a bit of your downfall. You do well when you focus on Amber and Daryl or Deb and Barry or Norm and Kaye or even Roxie and Silas and their point of view on things or their drive... But when it comes to other characters, you pull back giving them a chance to show their views. Merle you kind of did that in the “Country” but then you pulled back later on... We hardly ever get to see Beth's view of it, and that could've offered great focus from a character who didn't grow up like Amber did or isn't as adjusted to this wild shit as Debra or Kaye or Amber... This would've been good to work on so that – when Tyreese died – it would've had more of a punch if we'd gotten to connect through Carol and Tyreese's view a few times (don't get me wrong, I cringed when I read his death and Carol's reaction but that was because I was focused on their TV image and not the story image you're creating, and that takes away from the great work you're writing out and that sucks for you because it's great work)... But I also understand that these stories are focused around Daryl and Amber so it's gonna be mostly on them than it is from other characters, so I think that's the main reason I could still keep reading without getting frustrated with the lack of views.

The last thing is something I wanted to see more of and that's the fixing of spacing in the moment... By that I mean that you drawing out the spacing and length of scenes and the emotion within them could be more. Example! In the last story – Better Dig Two – when the guys all set the Angels down for the confrontation about what they did to Shane... That scene was great and intense with a few tiny humor moments to lighten it up... But you could've held it more. Let the characters live the moment more, let their emotions live more and be more... Let Amber be mad and hurt by Daryl shaking her like a rag dol, let the weight of his guilt for shaking her and his reasoning – his fear – be more focused.. A couple that goes through a fight like that – a fight that has any physical attachment to it – should be allowed to breath. The reader should feel the weight of what happens.. .And you did that with Daryl smoking the cigraette before talking, but then you had Amber far too calm back at the house. Her holding it together until she got home is reasonable, as I myself would've probably been the same and something I've seen my own mother do with my father... But let Daryl and her feel the weight of what just happened. It's okay to want to look away from it but it still doesn't change that what happened happened... Same with Daryl in this story when he almost backhanded Amber or how cold and distant he was being. Feeling that gives your story more punch to the emotions and gives the story weight. Which to me is frustrating because you are so damn good with these ideas but it's like you just miss the perfect mark by a hair.

All that said – my overall thought – is that I love your characters, I love your story, I love this universe of SOA meets TWD mesh feel you've made. I love the DEMONS, Amber is adorable and great, Kaye is amazing and strong, Deb is a great mama and Pres wife and Merle is fantastically a mix of annoying and badass and Daryl is just wonderfully fixed to your story. I love going back and rereading this. I read the whole series up until the last chapter in a day and a half and I love it because I almost always read something I didn't notice the first time (you do great with little details that are almost unnoticed) and I REALLY wanna write you something for your universe just to praise you but I wouldn't be able to give Amber as much life as you have and would feel like I'm murdering the poor girl if I tried!

I don't know if you will or even want to, but if you do decide to update I'm sure it will be great (Also I need to know little Peach's real name, dangit!) and whatever other work you do, I wish you the best with it! Also I hope nothing I said offended you, hun, I just believe in honest opinions and trying to offer constructive criticism. Anything I say that you don't like you can obviously tell me to shove it and I'll understand!
Dominatorap chapter 17 . 7/17/2017
Hope you update!
Dedra87 chapter 17 . 3/31/2017
Please update soon. I read all 3 parts in like 4 days. Such a good story and I want to read more of it.
Miss October 13 chapter 11 . 2/7/2017
You have a great story here, I love it just has I love the first two. Daryl and Amber are great together. I do hope you update it sometime. You are a fantastic writer
AmethystSiri chapter 17 . 12/29/2016
Fantastic story! Will be keeping fingers crossed for another update soon :)
shell21 chapter 17 . 9/26/2016
what a good story I hope you finish it
runawayxheart chapter 17 . 3/8/2016
This whole story from Country to Angel has been so beautiful. I am amazed at the creativity and ingenuity of it all! Love that it's a perfect blend of drama, sexy times and fluff! Honestly one of my top 3 series ever. You're an amazing writer! 3
Miss October 13 chapter 17 . 2/20/2016
Please, please update soon, I'm hooked!
Guest chapter 17 . 12/31/2015
Massive fan of this story.
Is silvercreekmama okay? Is there a chance of this story being finished (or even someone taking the story over and working on it instead?) I really do like this story but because it is unfinished I worried if silvercreekmama is okay... I'm also not a member so I can't pm her to check that she is okay. I would hate to sound like the story is the only thing I care about - when really I just hope all is well.
Pippiminza chapter 17 . 8/22/2015
I'm afraid there is no chance left for an update...what a shame...
wonderful story...I would've loved to
Guest chapter 17 . 6/8/2015
Nice story but where's Beth? Merle and Beth are a side pairing but I don't think she had any dialog in this story at all.
DanaFruit chapter 17 . 5/6/2015
But what happened? Don't be cruel girl, what happened with Peaches? One hell of a cliffhanger don't leave it unresolved!
jackyyjoyy chapter 17 . 12/1/2014
Please please please keep writing this story! I know this review is probably a lost cause but this is one of the best story lines on this entire site and I might go crazy if i never get to find out what happens!
sthibault chapter 17 . 10/4/2014
Can't wait to see how the birth goes!
jessica.crawley.16 chapter 17 . 9/17/2014
Ack! Any chance you'll finish this story? I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Daryl/Amber universe! It will be re-read several times over.