Reviews for The Trouble with Orchids
Aaah, that was nice.
AnnaOxford chapter 14 . 2/19
I'm so proud of Lucius.
AnnaOxford chapter 13 . 2/19
Wow, the ministry is very strict. What should Hermione have done instead of obliviation?
AnnaOxford chapter 12 . 2/19
I wish Hermione would be harder on Draco.
AnnaOxford chapter 11 . 2/19
Love meddling Narcissa.
SEMI LONG REVIEW: BAD & GOOD, DISCLAIMER: I respect the writer and his/her choices on how he/she brings out the 'essential' per se, traits of Hermione & Draco, and I don't wish to come across sounding like they did it "wrong." That is subjective, and not the point I wish to make. On the contrary rather, even if I don't like/agree with some of it, I can muchly appreciate that it is by no means poor writing. (This is a bit of a rant for the first part...)

Was looking good till it became apparent malfoy was little bitch to hermione... so sick of great plots and decent writers work becoming killed [in my eyes] by some sort of submissive draco that would let hermione hit him round and barely argue back etc. It's been so so so long since I've found a fic where there's actually some arguing not hermione bending a member of one the proudest pureblooded family over her knee. I just wish I could take all the fics like this and do some slight rewrites just to give Draco some more fire... some passion, some energy, the ability to be a problem to Hermione, instead of a mindless zombie just says "you annoy me, mudbl-" *WHACK* "how dare you actually be a character with some decently portrayed backbone, I'll diminish you." I know you can go on about how Hermione is untouchable because of the ministry, but if you're writing her to be strong and tenacious and no-nonsense-esque, then I doubt she'd run to the ministry over a spat or two anyway... not enough headclashing now for me to be convinced there will be in the future, so even if there is, it doesn't seem worth wading through the weaker stuff... surely I'm not the only one that thinks this?

But enough with the not so passive aggressive criticism, I like your writing, you detail and scene set nicely without being painfully eccentric, giving a clear picture without spending three paragraphs on each room, and without only one sentence descriptions, you've found a very efficient equilibrium of the short & long of setting a scene. Also a nice plot and even though this one stupid, selfish pet peeve of mine has ruined this for me, I can tell regardless that the fic is still bloody good. Kudos to you, and good work, writer.
AnnaOxford chapter 10 . 2/4
Draco is being a git, he didn't even apologise for almost killing them for nothing. He didn't want to go home and now when it's the worst time to come home, he does it? He doesn't even think about Hermione, who could very well lose her job when he just leaves. And what about the prisoner? He knows that either she leaves with him and the guy who attacked them has one hour to get free OR he leaves her in the company of a man who hates her because she lied to him and had now nothing to lose. Seriously, Malfoy, grow up.
AnnaOxford chapter 9 . 2/4
I didn't expect their first kiss now, you're so good at making them human. Gods, I love your writing.
AnnaOxford chapter 8 . 2/4
Lol, why does Draco hate the names so much.
AnnaOxford chapter 7 . 2/3
The sauce thing was great, subtle and yet perfect.
AnnaOxford chapter 6 . 2/3
Cute.
AnnaOxford chapter 5 . 2/3
Now I'm pretty sure it's Goyle. But who's Squid? Muggleborn or half blood? The only younger student that I remember is Dennis Creevey and the Malfoys had something to do with Colin's death?
AnnaOxford chapter 4 . 2/3
I like how you make thrm kinda domestic, but not fluffy and OOC.
AnnaOxford chapter 3 . 2/3
My question about the fantasy is answered but she's still his style, big innocent doe eyes and thick hair? :p
AnnaOxford chapter 2 . 2/3
So his fantasy was Hermione all along? He didn't react to her visit as if she's the one he fantasises about, one who he hasn't seen in years as well. And what money is she talking about, hu?