Reviews for More Flatland
Cassandra Chalice chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
I would suggest the "C" that was received by the author would better stand for "completely beyond the understanding of the teacher" who clearly hadn't read the Abbot's book. I think it's good reading. I always thought the rigid and biased society of the original was offensive too (but enjoyed the work anyway.)
DA Jones chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
This is completely different. I like it and I found the original Flatland to be interesting,
Penname wa Silver B chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
Very well-written! About time someone wrote a feminist piece for Flatland.
sgkat chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
ok, I am reading Flatland... well, I've read it. And I despise it.

I have to reflect upon each chapter for Geometry, all 23 chapters and a letter to the author by tomorrow. I couldn't stand to continue working on it right now, so I got on to see if I could find some humor works, and I happened to see that there was Flatland Fics. As I'm only half-done with my reflection, I should go. Oh well.

It's good that Women are not as brainless as they appear. The oppression of Men to Women is cruel (it's one of the things that I objected to in my assignment).

That was good.
VixenMage chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
Loved it! I hated how Abbot put women as inferior beings in his story. This is similar to my story for school, where the square's wife and grandson break him out of jail and set out to prove that women aren't inferior at all.
sportschickVLVR chapter 1 . 7/19/2005
_ Wow. That was great. The first paragraph had a few typos and such, but the rest made perfect sense. Your teacher is an idiot for giving you a C based on "lack of organization". That made perfect sense! It also fits well with the book. He spent a great deal of time explaining the culture of the 'flatland' and its great to see someone taking up the woman's side. Wonderul story.
Silver Shoelaces chapter 1 . 4/6/2005
Ooh, I like. It's a bit short, though. Will there be another chapter or a sequel?
Inspector Brown chapter 1 . 2/26/2005
You shold read "FLATTERLAND", is kinda like this only in true publication. No offense.
Valiowk chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
I definitely don't think the story was confusing. The relationships were nicely elucidated in relation to the original book and although there wasn't much focus on the geometry of Flatland itself, it was an interesting read. :)
moi chapter 1 . 12/7/2003
CURSE YOU FLATLAND! hehehe. sorry. I had to read that last year for Geometry class and write a story about it. It wasn't pretty. Wow... they have fics for the most random things ever...
Theresa Ann Wymer chapter 1 . 11/26/2003
I like the way you handle the Victorian-era speech patterns-maybe one or two bobbles here and there, but overall the flavor feels nicely right.

Feminism in Flatland! Good for the Flatland women. There are some fairly broad hints in the original text that the women are not quite as stupid as A. Square fondly believes.
Math Widow chapter 1 . 11/19/2003
Well, I _had_ to read this - after all, how many people in their bios say they are a fan of Katherine Kurtz _and_ quote Dorothy Parker?

And, of course, write about Flatland. Had a real hard time convincing those Calc. 2 students of mine that it'd make for good reading while studying vectors, etc. Go figure.

I liked you story - I'd hardly say confusing. Perhaps the teacher was unfamiliar with the book? It fits in quite well with Abbott's own political views, as he was a strong proponent of education for girls.

Not as deep as a well,

Math Widow
Light-fingers Cutthroat chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
Really good writting and i liked how daughter got educated. it's a bit heavy handed on the antidiscrimination (but then again that is the moral of the story) but all in all i realy enjoyed it.
Kyalia chapter 1 . 4/12/2003
Feminism in Flatland. I like
Mobius Shadow chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
Ha ha ha, Flatland LIVES! Really not so bad as a C, maybe low B material, but probably not a C. It's nice to know that there are others who will write Flatfiction. :)