Reviews for The Meaning of Master
JordanMax chapter 4 . 7/1
Omg this is amazing! I can't believe I haven't read this yet, I read your other fic a while ago and somehow never got to this one, but I am so glad I did!

I noticed its been a while since you've updated, i do hope you continue this, this was just fantastic :)
I love nothing more than reading about my otp :D
NerdyBirdy33 chapter 4 . 11/26/2014
This Fic. is sooooo AWESOME! I love it! Please finish it!
MegSkoomaPirate chapter 4 . 9/19/2014
I love this story and I cannot wait until the next chapter! Keep up the amazing work!
Hollylu chapter 4 . 6/2/2014
Just finished reading this chapter! I don't want you to be too upset with me but at the same time I kind of understand your life's situation(s).
The one thing I noticed differently about this chapter than the last 3 was it felt a bit rushed. I read where many times having to write in third person you'd leave out a little bit of a picture to visualize how person A vs person B is reacting. I remember in the last 3 chp's that there was in fact intense moments and you could feel what they felt. Also, when Misty had her first interview with a girl it immediately changed to a surfer dude so I wasn't sure if you planned that or forgot and wrote someone else?

Please don't feel ashamed or upset b/c you know I loved Snatched and I still love this story! I still have big plans to draw another scene from Snatched! :D
Brennason chapter 4 . 5/20/2014
This is such a find :) I love your art and I love Hollylu's art and now your fic and her art are together and it's just awesome!
GreenSneaky chapter 4 . 5/12/2014
I just finished the last chapter of your story and delighted me. Very good atmosphere and storyline. I loved every scene and all. Thanks for your work. I wish you inspiration in the future.
MilkywayScribbles chapter 4 . 4/28/2014
What can I say? I LOVED every scene from this chapter! It was totally a worthwhile read. :)

So where to begin? Well, the first scene was so very comically entertaining. Ash giving Pikachu a bath. Yep, it would probably go down something like that seeing Pikachu is an electric mouse. ; And oh Ash, you and your silly ways on getting Pikachu in the tub! I gotta say, he was the star of this chapter and you wrote him so wonderfully in character. Like no joke. It made me really think of the original series again, and all his crazy antics and Misty being dragged into them.

Then it was nice to shed light on Misty being an interviewer. Again, you show all the responsibility she had with her position, and how she values her job very seriously. It's obvious how much she works hard and loves being a gym leader, and I appreciate you giving details like this to us readers. It's quite refreshing to really see Misty mature and become a young adult. Even if some pigheaded guy is trying to sweet talk her into him being hired. ;)

But then we have Ash and his unique way at handling an interview. I gotta tell ya, the part with him asking ridiculous questions about the Piplup and the superpowers, and the sombrero and forgetting about all the questions Misty had laid out for him. You really made me laugh. lol. It was GENIUS! That was SO TOTALLY ASH and I adored seeing this goofy side of him, even though he's trying to be serious. And yet in the end, I felt bad for Misty because at first you assume he didn't handle the task ideally. Though you soon realize Ash's silly questions had there place and actually made somewhat sense. I liked how you tied that together, showing us that he does indeed want to help Misty, however, he does it in a much less serious and more comical relaxed way. But still, it served a purpose very well! :)

And lastly the fort. That was just icing on the cake in this chapter. It was really interesting to see Ash lighten Misty's mood and bring back the kid inside of her. And though like you said, he is very much proud of her with the gym and her growth in maturity, he still wants her to laugh and have fun from time to time. And you pulled this off wonderfully. Plus, the little sign: Ketchum and Waterflower Fort, Keep Out! just added to the playfulness of it all. Ash sure can bring out the kid in anyone, can he? ;)

All in all, good work!

Btw, the last line in this chapter was perfect and the title was too! Can't wait two see what our two favorite heroes conjure up next. ;)
cake0108 chapter 4 . 4/27/2014
Awesomee! (:
Ready to fly chapter 4 . 4/27/2014
Aaaaaaah I love this story! So perfect! It's just ash and misty in the most thought out amazingly in character way and it's just the way you've captured them so well that makes the story. Seriously I just wish I could express how much I've enjoyed this story and how much you've made me smile. I am hooked on this story and I'm glad that there are still fics like this out there :)
ThyOtherSide chapter 4 . 4/26/2014
Excellent chapter as always! I'm glad that Ash has been given a more mature attitude this time around. The interview he conducts is quite clever even though the questions he asks are quite inappropriate and childish. It is a perfect mix of mature and immature behavior from Ash, and it fits him well.

However, what stuck out the most to me this chapter is Ash's reasons for acting really immature around Misty. I thought he couldn't help it because that's his personality, but I wasn't completely right. He is also afraid of Misty's maturity and wants to bring out the old Misty that he is more accustomed to. At the end of the chapter, I believe it is safe to say that he succeeded in that endeavor. It's great to see that Ash is more perceptive than he lets on. Anyway, thanks for the update! I can't wait for the next chapter!
EchidnaPower chapter 4 . 4/26/2014
Nicole...I TOTALLY feel your pain. Almost every time I went to the writing lab I was told that I write like a story writer...luckily I haven't been necessarily penalized for it yet, but I really gotta work on writing academic papers...it's incredibly difficult when a story writer is suddenly told that he/she has to suppress their personal style and write in a boring way...but I'm sure you got through it and passed with flying colors. I gotta say, you really made me feel the awkwardness when Ash was doing his interview, I got goosebumps at how mortifying the whole situation was, so that's more proof that you're an amazing writer, I honestly feel like you're much better overall as a writer than I am, you have a sense of creativity that I actually envy. Things are starting to heat up a little between Ash and Misty it seems, but I sense a huge fight based on differing maturity levels coming up, you've already hinted at it...I fear what they'll have to endure...keep it up Nicole, but be sure that you take care of your real life obligations first, always the priority.
Jemzyboz chapter 4 . 4/26/2014
YAY! you updated it!
Kleevie chapter 4 . 4/26/2014
My feels ;-; What a brilliant idea 3

Seriously, you make me love Pikachu even more than I already did, which is saying something.

I really loved the two interviews, so opposite yet complimenting each other. I guess in real life we should expect a mix of the two (yes, our teachers told us that sometimes the employers would ask crazy questions like the superpower one. But it makes a lot of sense actually)

Aaaah and the budding romance between those two 3 No need to say they were my first OTP, before I knew what "shipping" and "OTP" even meant In my 8-year-old heart, they belonged to each other 3 You write them really well !

And OMG I totally understand your embarrassment about what your teacher told you ! But it's a good thing he did, and taking a break was necessary. I hope than you reverted back to "academic" easily. I'm always so stressed out when I write reports or papers to sound "unprofessional" and non-scientific. Anyway, 2 weeks left, yay for us ! I'm really glad you picked this story back up, can't wait to read more !
EchidnaPower chapter 3 . 4/14/2014
I hope you'll come back to this now that you finished your other fic, this is an interesting idea that so many people have tried before, and in my honest opinion, have failed. Whether it be bad grammar, OOC characters, far too short a word count, or a combination of those three, somehow almost all the stories I've ever seen on here that do what this fic does somehow finds a way to mess it up. This story is different. You've been blessed with a rare combination of talents, not only are you an elite artist, you're a pretty good writer to boot. I regret it's taken me so long to review this, but now that I have I hope I've brought your attention back to it, and I look forward to seeing what you have in store for this unique and WELL-WRITTEN story.
ThyOtherSide chapter 3 . 3/30/2014
You are an amazing writer! I really love how Ash and Misty seem to pop out of the world of fiction and into my own world. I'm convinced that somehow, they are real and not just characters from a story. I really love your other story as well. It's more complicated with the kidnapping situation, but the characters seem just as real as this story. Maybe even more. I really hope that you continue writing and posting new chapters and stories on this website. Thanks for such great literature :)