Reviews for FW 1941: In Uniform
AnneBronteRocks chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
Just re-reading this for fun and had to add the comment that I think Foyle is being a big, fat, fibber when he says that his old uniform doesn't fit :o) He's just trying to take it out of the good Mr. Rose.

Cheers.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Oh, is that where it ends? Pouts.

LOL, did you give Foyle every medal from WWI?

Glad that he has Milner as a confidant in this case. Milner can simultaneously appreciate the medals for what they are supposed to mean, but also understand their real meaning (or lack thereof, I suppose). Wonderful as Sam is, including empathy, she wouldn't understand on the same level.

I'll bet he looks tremendously dashing in his uniform. Even if, poor boy, it's not the military one that he wants.

Sara Libby
Biscuit50 chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Really interesting story, but it feels like the beginning, not the end. Hope you'll consider continuing it.

Insight into Foyle's lack of attachment to his medals (or uniform for that matter) is well considered.

The other thing I really like is his continuing desire to contribute in a meaningful way to the war effort, and receiving assignments that don't feel significant to him. But that never stops him ... he continues to face, and deal with, every obstacle, turn, twist, whatever ... and keep moving forward. His attitude is actually incredibly inspiring.
GiuliettaC chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Hill and Dale LOL. Ah, the ups and downs of police work!

I can just hear Corin Redgrave's querulous, sardonic martinet of an AC in here. The exchange with Foyle is cleverly written.

And naturally, your skilfully-penned, modest Foyle has a chestful of medals. I love how you manoeuvre the ribbons into accidental view-and the anticipation of his, sooner or later, having to show them was fun too.

Lovely, poignant description of the medals' effect on him, told wonderfully in-character.

Suppose I should nip over to QE to read the rest of this... Unless Sunshine could be persuaded?

Tragic that this ends here (don't take this the wrong way) before Sgt Dale 'accidentally' gets to see the colour of his vest. Because everybody knows that's electric blue with a big red S on a yellow background. ;0)