Reviews for What We're Fighting For
CKaylen chapter 28 . 6/16/2022
Just wanted to say that this is one of my favorite Hhr stories and I keep coming back to reread it. Thank you for sharing!
spamari1181 chapter 9 . 6/15/2022
Hermione feels willfully ignorant here. It's obvious they have plans to use her in a way to weponize Harry more and somehow the brightest witch of her age doesn't see any of it. She is used to pranks and bullying but somehow isn't suspicious in the least why she brought there by strangers and why they were kind to her. Especially after meeting Sirius for the first time and him trying to read her mind without consent. I don't want to come across as bashing. I enjoy reading this so far. But what I mentioned above seems inconsistent in Hermione's character as portrayed in this story.

There also seems to be some action inconsistencies. For example in the kitchen Lupin was sitting next to Hermione and then standing next to Sirius as he cooked. Or Lupin behind Hermione with a hand on her shoulder and a few sentences later it changed to Tonks being the one behind her with a hand on her shoulder. Just to name a few.
spamari1181 chapter 8 . 6/15/2022
She's taking them weaponizing and dehumanizing a child horribly well. It feels weird that she isn't more horrified or angry. Also the clear fact that they seem to intend to use her too.
spamari1181 chapter 1 . 6/15/2022
Harry is a whole ass mood.
scotty26 chapter 26 . 5/25/2022
Well…what a cliffhanger…i guess something major must have happen for you to stop updating this story as i can see this story finishing in 2-3 chapters. It was getting good…hopefully (?) youll finish this story?

Till then
Harmony09 chapter 27 . 5/22/2022
the last bit was hilarious
Fellbane chapter 5 . 5/3/2022
Supposedly grew up with his Godfather, the notorious ladies man, Sirius Black and has no idea what a date is... you are trying way way too hard to cultivate the mysterious, socially inept soldier backstory.
Eleets1125 chapter 9 . 5/2/2022
Honestly... Hermione's reaction to all of this is atypical. Through all of the books and a vast majority of the fanfictions Hermione is staunchly opposed to the mistreatment of those without a voice and the Harry in this story is a textbook example of that. To be honest I view what was done to this character to be in the same category of what the death eaters do to their victims.
iShyboy chapter 28 . 4/18/2022
I've binged this in a day, what can I say. Fluffy, angsty, funny... So much more. While I'm at fault for being such an Harmony guy, but come on. Your Hermione is great, your Harry is great. as always, life does f*ck you but what don't kill you make you stronger, in many ways. I wish I had the time to try and contact you about giving it a bit of a polishing, albeit with life also f*cling me over. This kind of fic is what make the wolf of J.K. worth of reading, even if she is a c*nt.
renowned-warrior chapter 11 . 3/22/2022
I love that you have chosen to take Lavender's character development in the direction you have. There are plenty of stories out there where Lav-Lav isn't exactly a good person, so it's a nice change with a sweet and caring Lavender.
Bonded For life chapter 18 . 3/5/2022
it's portrayed as Ron's fault but it's not really.
She cheated on him, Pretended nothing happened,and when Ron wanted more intimacy (as any average boy want in relationship) she backs away and never says why.
I didn't liked how Ron is shown wrong when in reality Lavender is at fault. Even though i don't like Ron's character but he didn't did this cruel thing that Lavender has done.
i just hope you don't set her up with Neville.
Rook of Black chapter 12 . 2/24/2022
I hate nothing more that disloyalty, even if they weren't truly together it's still a betrayal in spirit.

I couldn't feel anything mildly positive towards Hermione throughout this chapter. it's a shame, I was really enjoying the book up till here, it's quite well written.
c.karen09 chapter 28 . 1/11/2022
Great story! Thank you for sharing!
Agelmar101 chapter 12 . 1/8/2022
Good story up until this chapter. Hermione really is an idiot for going on date with Cormac.
owl3764 chapter 28 . 1/3/2022
Great work, a great story.
I now what's it's like to be a bit naive and thrown in the deep end of the pool.
I too studied people, and found my own way and the right approach, I could get people to open up to me while I was behind a little historic country pub bar. Those found on the fringes, looked down on and kept to themselves (some amazing people, but shunned by the mainstream). I was the same age as Harry in this story, so this story rang true to me.
I'm working backwards through your stories until the two newer ones are complete... if you make it back to them. I do like completed stories, but it depends how good the author is when I run out of completed stories, so I might end up reading part stories... which I'll probably have to read anew when and if they reach their conclusion.
I read too many stories to remember much about what came before the 'latest, newest chapter'. My memory banks are full to overflowing. I'm old...
Anyway, I'm looking forward to downloading, formatting, editing and reading 'Things we do for Love', then saving it to maybe read again one day.
Kind regards. I've loved the four stories of yours that I've read so far.
2,999 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »