Reviews for Easier to run
lestibur chapter 42 . 3/19/2015
so sad , so good chapter :')
Guest chapter 41 . 3/15/2015
I've read every story of the reboot Lara and I honestly think yours is the most intricate one written. Great job!
Deberzer chapter 41 . 3/14/2015
To be honest, I'm somewhat disappointed that you denied Dupont the satisfaction of shooting Lara. :P
HeidiW chapter 41 . 3/14/2015
Arrghh! Talk about upping the cliffhanger intensity, omg...

I love how you portrayed Lara's inner turmoil, vacillating between perceiving Athena alternately as a goddess and her mother, and the resulting emotions evoked by the latter. Her physical reaction to the Aegis too, it gave a stunning glimpse of the power hidden within. My fav part though was the brief exchange with her actual mother as she left the chamber - my god that was powerfully written.

And now, shades of Last Crusade, Lara gets gut-shot point blank. Only there's no Grail to heal her, but rather the Aegis - with the villains in firm possession.

But what's even more chilling now, with Natla no longer having a use for Lara...she's already shot her after all, so I very much doubt she'll impose any restraint on Dupont...

I get the feeling it's all up to Sam now. Do it, girl.
immo chapter 41 . 3/14/2015
COME ON. She's been shot so many times. Give Lara a break, invincibility or something. Get rid of Natla. She took the Aegis and it can't be stolen and I swear if we're speaking legalese that even if Lara had given it
anon chapter 41 . 3/14/2015
Sometimes I think you enjoy torturing us with these cliffhangers. I face-palmed so hard, it still hurts.

I wish Lara could hug her mother. Even for a moment.
harlequin320 chapter 41 . 3/14/2015
nice chapter as always, keep up the good work
Indo52 chapter 41 . 3/14/2015
Just when I thought ch40 left us hanging...ch41 is like NOPE!
Guest chapter 40 . 3/12/2015
Oh poor Lara, not only she got beated half to death, she also has to save Sam and the clock is ticking. Now she found her mom (or a ghost of her mom?). Hopefully she'll succeed and Sam will take care of her afterwords. I love this story soooo much!
lestibur chapter 40 . 3/11/2015
wooooooooooow great chapter!
HeidiW chapter 40 . 3/11/2015
Are you kidding me?

This story has been blessed with one brilliant cliffhanger after another, yet they all pale in comparison to this; my first instinct was that it was somehow an illusion, yet Lara herself established that there are no hallucinogens at work here - what the devil? Odo? Jedi mind trick?

It can't be...can it?

I felt chills going down my spine as I read the final sentence - if they made this epic work into a movie trilogy, this would be the PERFECT spot to break to the end credits. At least we don't have to wait two years to see the follow-up (at least, I hope!) - but darn it, just one more paragraph! Talk about leaving us dangling!

Okay, fine, I'll wait...now have NO idea where this is going.

Other than it's going brilliantly, that is. :D
Anon chapter 40 . 3/11/2015
Me thinks this is the most wowing cliffhanger you had. Other were all action-packed moments. Well, most of them were. But this! THIS!
PurpleSheep chapter 40 . 3/11/2015
You know, this is an absolutely fantastic story. Your writing style is unique and I love how each and every one of your chapters ends on a cliffhanger. I've been reading this for a long while now, and I love recieving an email to let me know that you've updated it! You've really got me on board with this - I'd put you up there with a handful of the best I've read on this website. I hope you're proud of this piece of work!

The story itself is crazy good. You've painted all the characters fantastically. What's best about it is that it's completely realistic and believable. It's difficult to write so convincingly. You illustrate the complex dynamics between Lara and Sam so well, each scene has so much meaning and the depth is there. The way you've developed other characters such as Natla and Pierre is brilliant, you've really got me on the edge of me seat and gritting my teeth at some scenes. It's pleasing to read. You've got a great knack for painting a full picture in my head of the scenes. Your descriptive work is top notch.

I've got to thank you for putting a lot of effort into this, it's appreciated. Cannot wait to see how this story will ultimately unfold!

Peace and love, Heather
HeidiW chapter 39 . 3/11/2015
I don't know when #39 went up, but I somehow completely missed it - hope it wasn't too long ago, otherwise I'll kick myself for having missed another dose of my all-time fav fanfic :)

Oh, and grinned at your your sly reference to Rise in Lara's seemingly sudden aversion to bears - well played ;)

I was breathtless when reading this chapter, it really does evoke the gritty, desperate action sequences of the reboot and if Crystal can pull off anything even half this good then we've got a great game to look forward to.

I also really liked Lara's fed-up outburst directed at "Snowball" - the universe is seemingly determined to bring her life to an end but she just will not quit. Like a certain famous starship captain, Lara finds a way; she turns death into a fighting chance to live.

And of course, the chapter ends with the Universe tossing a barbed hand grenade into her lap.

Find a way, Lara. :D
harlequin320 chapter 40 . 3/11/2015
nice job, keep up the good work
511 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »