Reviews for Easier to run
Guest chapter 32 . 1/25/2015
please don't kill Sam. I'll cry so hard.
HeidiW chapter 32 . 1/25/2015
Ah, finally we see the glimmers of a working relationship between Sam and Lara; now if only the archaeologist doesn't second (or third) guess herself again, they just might be able to build something!

I especially love the fact that for the first time Lara has to both emotionally and physically rely on Sam to get her through her latest trial; could that simple detail be enough to jar Lara from her overprotectiveness? And I love the family-building musings, even if I have trouble imagining Lara in a motherly role - but it did get Lara's mind off of her current predicament, even if briefly. Go, Sam! :D

And the traditional chapter-ending cliffhanger - who got shot? I very much doubt Sam was out hunting for breakfast...

Another sublime episode that showcased just how lovely the Sam/Lara can be when Lara "smells the coffee" ;)
lestibur chapter 32 . 1/25/2015
so good :)
anon chapter 32 . 1/25/2015
Oh yeah! A little relief at last.

You are amazing!
harlequin320 chapter 32 . 1/25/2015
nice chapter, keep up the good work
Deberzer chapter 32 . 1/25/2015
I had to laugh awkwardly at the last lines of this chapter. I was reading all those pleasent dialogues between Sam and Lara and thought "Ok... something's gonna happen soon." And then came that whole baby thing and Lara getting all fuzzy about it and I thought "Oh fuck, shit's gonna hit the fan soon." And then there was that last part... Yep.
Guest chapter 32 . 1/25/2015
Excellent writing!
Guest chapter 31 . 1/23/2015
this is my absolute favourite piece of fanfiction of all! seriously. absolutely brilliant. great work!
PalindromeIsntOne chapter 24 . 1/21/2015
I love this entire doppleganger section. Brilliantly done. A mixture of familiar ideas blisteringly well executed for this particular fandom and character.
anonn chapter 31 . 1/18/2015
I agree with nomuse's comment. When Lara mocked that outfit, I took that as a salute (read: fu) to previous teams who designed her as a sultry, voluptuous, gun-waving, jumping chick. That way, you gave her the depth the last game intented to do, and solidified it. Now, here, Sam reacts to the automatic violence Lara displays. And she should. With more than a look of horror and a passing grimace. This is not something you pass with a "because we had to" like we see in video games. There has to be conflicting feelings, guilt and rationalization attempts from the main character and repercussions within the close party. That's why I think you interpret Lara better, that's why I think Sam shouldn't be just fine with this "it's for survival" reasoning. The last few chapters were pretty action-filled. I can't wait to see what the girls would have to say when they have the time to address these issues. Lara already thinks she's beyond saving.
Can't wait to see the next chapter!
Priceless2 chapter 31 . 1/18/2015
I'm in a rush now to think of what to say, but I'm incredibly excited to see how this adventure will turn out next! And it's always sweet to see Sam with Lara together again. *Hearts*
nomuse chapter 31 . 1/17/2015
Heh. Now to see what depths Sam really has.

I love the way you are sort-of-referencing the ludonarrative dissonance here. Earlier, it was real-live-person Lara reacting to the game designer's costume creation. Now, Sam is being aghast at what is in play normal and appropriate and expected - perform the finishing move for extra points, then loot the body for ammo. What could be more natural?

Of course, up against Natla, you pretty much NEED to be that harsh. Although I am hoping you chose to spare Larson. I really hated that moment in the game.
harlequin320 chapter 31 . 1/17/2015
nice chapter as always, keep up the good work
HeidiW chapter 31 . 1/17/2015
The chase begins!

Lara is running on fumes; adrenaline and the Lioness are keeping her on her feet and alert, echoing her uncanny ability in the game to fight through injuries and just keep going. But like T2's T800, she's going to need a serious vacation.

It's painful to see the issues that still plague Lara and Sam's relationship surface - Sam is witnessing first hand Lara's ruthless survival instinct, and I can't wait to see how she is going to come to terms with it.

But now that Lara's properly geared up, they at least have a fighting chance. Come to mamma indeed ;)

But, there's still Himiko...leave it to you to keep tossing monkey wrenches into the literary mechanism ;)
Lest chapter 1 . 1/17/2015
it's a wonder Lara is still alive after all that's happened to her...
511 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 .. Last Next »