Reviews for Easier to run
Guest chapter 28 . 1/1/2015
So I can see chapter 29 is published but it wouldn't let me view it
Trigger Fingers chapter 29 . 1/1/2015
What a great way to kick-start the new year! Now we know who's alliances lie where, as you've so cleverly revealed. I can't wait to see how Lara chooses to wield that shard in her pocket. All in due time I guess :)

Amongst Lara's plethora of problems, I have to admit that I'm most worried about her relationship with Sam. It's evident that both girls are making an effort to rebuild their relationship, but Sam's engagement to Steven is still an issue. I have no idea how that'll work out, but I can only hope that Lara and Sam get a fresh start together. That love triangle is in your hands, mighty writer.
Guest chapter 28 . 1/1/2015
You and your cliffhangers! And unexpected twists and turns! It was Himiko in the previous chapter and now it's Larson. You are an amazing writer. Please don't keep us waiting long for the next update.
ShibaPi chapter 28 . 12/31/2014
Damn. Awesome story :D with the aegis healing shut and stuff, I guess someone is gonna end up almost dead or severely wounded but it eint be natla though. Good luck on the story and Happy New Year
Deberzer chapter 28 . 12/23/2014
I am getting a strong The Dreaming vibe from reading this. Not sure if that was intentional but the similarities just seem quite obvious to me: (Aside from Natla being everywhere) In the first half Lara suffers from problems in her relationship with Sam and the second half of both stories is dedicated to making Lara suffer as much as possible, main difference being that - aside from the whole sleep deprivation thing and Lara disfiguring the spirits on her body at the end - Asynca is more about psycholocal trauma and torture while you seem more content with physological torture here. The way this story is going I half expect Lara to recive mortal wounds at the end and drag herself to the Aegis with her last strength to then be healed by it at the last moment, or something of that sort.
Both stories are well written but just so painfull to read.
Guest chapter 28 . 12/7/2014
I can't get enough of this story. No matter how much I re-read. I am totally hooked.
Perfect, as always.
HeidiW chapter 28 . 12/7/2014
Well this was unexpected...and just when I thought things couldn't get much worse for Lara...

Talk about introducing a new wildcard, this is the kind of edge-of-your-seat cliffhanger storytelling that was sorely missing from the novel but you weave so deftly in these wonderful fics. I always hope that someone over at Crystal Dynamics reads these things and hires you as their next great talent, as they desperately need an author that "gets" Lara, after the novel's fiasco. The fact that your prose blows away that canonical "work" would be a bonus :)

Now Lara faces a multitude of problems from which to extricate herself: finding the Aegis, escaping from Natla's clutches, expunging Himiko AND rebuilding her relationship with Sam. And doing all this while being one hard bump away from death. Now THIS is a story worth telling. And just as importantly, worth reading.

Something this good shouldn't be free ;)
lestibur chapter 28 . 12/7/2014
wow amazing plot twist
Guest chapter 28 . 12/7/2014
This is writing. This is how you utilize the past. I am always waiting for your updates.
FallenFangirl chapter 28 . 12/7/2014
You are absolutely, utterly brilliant! I can't wait for more and I'd like to thank you for writing this and I am very eager to see this story come to fruition
Guest chapter 27 . 11/30/2014
If I could, I would marry this story 3
I am deeply in love with it
nomuse chapter 27 . 11/15/2014
Niiice puzzle. Those are such a fine line to walk between too easy, too contrived, too esoteric or requiring too much Bat-Logic ("And cats eat fish heads. That's it, Robin; the Riddler has teamed up with Catwoman to flood the senate building with live fish!") You made it look effortless.

Heh. I referenced the "Alexander" movie, too. My Lara didn't like it, either.
HeidiW chapter 27 . 11/14/2014
Oh but you do love to torture us...

We get teasings of a tentative mending of their relationship, only to have them interrupted in turn by the guards and their own lingering torments; these two so clearly love each other so much, are so clearly meant to be together, and yet still have so much difficulty in conveying their feelings to one another. It really is heart-breaking to see them still going through so much pain while trying to rebuild that shattered emotional bridge - but they're trying, dammit.

And that quest for the Aegis has taken a very interesting turn - but now I can't help but wonder if you're painted yourself into a literary corner: Lara's barely conscious, and one gets the distinct impression that she's one bump away from complete collapse (or worse). I don't know how on Earth you're going to make that work, but I have this odd feeling you've got another rabbit waiting in the proverbial hat ;)

Oh, and having finished the Ten Thousand Immortals, I have to say you should totally have written the canonical book as opposed to the literary gun-for-hire CD chose; Abnett's writing is dry, base, and completely lacking the emotional wallop your stories pack. I mean it's not even close - your stories and writing are thoroughly engaging, while I had to force myself into reading TR:TTI to the end if for no other reason to stay up to date when Rise comes out a year from now. You have a way of drawing the reader into every scene, while the canonical book reads more like a movie script. Oh, and don't get me started on those thoroughly jarring changes in POV from one sentence to another. And unlike yourself, Abnett didn't have the fortitude to tackle the Sam/Lara relationship in any meaningful way.

It's amazing that a purportedly "professional" writer can't hold even a dimply lit candle to the quality of your work. Rhianna & Co seriously gotta bring you aboard. Like really.
Guest chapter 27 . 11/14/2014
Once again, I am spinning like a gyroscope.
harlequin320 chapter 27 . 11/13/2014
... and the wheel keeps on turning, keep up the good work, update soon
511 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 .. Last Next »