Reviews for Easier to run
SixxHunter101 chapter 19 . 5/18/2014
Damn you're good. This was an excellent chapter that set's up what I assume is the second half of this story. The stakes are so high, Lara now knows she can't fail, it's more than her life or reputation on the line now. I'd love for Lara and Sam to be reunited, if for only in a brief scene. I won't lie and say that it isn't killing me that they haven't properly spoken since Lara left Sam.

Speaking of Sam, I think Natla hit pretty close to the truth about why Lara loves Sam so much. I also think that Natla has a pretty good understanding of Lara's "beast" nature, the monster inside of her that she allows out during her expeditions. That said I think Natla is wrong when she says that Lara as she is now is unloveable. For one thing I think there is still some of the old Lara in her personality, like Steven realized, there is more to Lara than the ice-cold badass and Sam is the person who allows that side to show itself. Lara might feel like she needs personal redemption and IMO Sam is still a major part in that redemption.
Priceless2 chapter 19 . 5/18/2014
Marvelous chapter! A peek of an upcoming grand adventure. Damm, I hope Sam will be okay. And I wouldn't mind if you could magically squeeze in some moments between Lara and her love, amidst everything!
The Demon's Reflection chapter 19 . 5/18/2014
Fucking knew it was Natla.
leafsdownfall chapter 19 . 5/18/2014
Does Natla realize that if she killed Sam, nothing would hold Lara back? She is obviously oblivious to that fact. Sam dies, our gets defiled in some way, there goes the last sliver of Croft's humanity, allowing her monstrous, survival-based side out fully.
Guest chapter 18 . 5/14/2014
More please!
Priceless2 chapter 18 . 5/16/2014
Two simple words: Please update! I can't wait to see what happens next.
J chapter 18 . 5/12/2014
Ooo intriguing! Awesome chapter!
Guest chapter 18 . 5/11/2014
Okay, the timing of this was totally unexpected - but no less enjoyed :)

I love how you depicted Lara's intermittently failing consciousness in this - to someone randomly coming across this chapter it would be strange to understand, but knowing what Lara went through in #15-16 it makes her injuries all the more poignant - this is no cartoon where Lara miraculously heals herself between panes. Concussions are absolutely devastating injuries, and I think you portrayed it perfectly here.

And, I think you should seriously inherit the informal title of "Queen of the Cliffhangers" - holy crap! I never played the "classic" Tomb Raider games, but I have a fair idea of who just joined the party - and what an introduction! ;)

One thing that has me intrigued (well, one of many) was the absence of Sam in this chapter - Lara is so badly concussed she doesn't yet realize it, but while her physical ordeal might have temporarily abated, I fear her emotional torment is waiting in the shadows...

Another terrific chapter!
HeidiW chapter 18 . 5/11/2014
Okay, this was totally unexpected - but thoroughly enjoyed :)

I love how you depicted Lara's intermittent consciousness; for someone just randomly stumbling onto this page, it would seem disjointed and it would be hard to follow, but given Lara's condition it works beautifully. I also really like how Lara's doesn't miraculously recover from her injuries, cartoon-like, but instead continues to be gravely hobbled by them - concussions are devastating injuries and you depict it amazingly well here.

And I really think you should adopt the informal title "Queen of the Cliffhangers" - omg! I've never played any of the classic TR games, but I have a fair idea who just joined the party - what an introduction!

And one detail I found intriguing (well, one of many) is the absence of Sam in this chapter; it's an indicator of Lara's concussed condition that she hasn't yet noticed. Despite Lara's physical abuse being somewhat abated (at least in comparison with chapters 15 & 16) I fear her emotional ordeal is nowhere near ebbing...

Did I say this story was insanely good? :D
rundownSabEr chapter 18 . 5/11/2014
Who could that be...
OhLookIt'sAGingy chapter 18 . 5/11/2014
Ooh intriguing! I like it.
tom bryant chapter 2 . 5/4/2014
Love it
SixxHunter101 chapter 17 . 5/3/2014
Reallly enjoying how you contrast how different Lara and Sam are after Yamatai. Lara is adorable in her anticipation and excitment to learn which mirrors her desire for the "truth." This is a great story and I love how you continue to develop Lara and Sam's history together.
Sev chapter 17 . 5/1/2014
I enjoyed this chapter; I liked how you are essentially weaving 4 characters: Lara and Sam pre and post Yamatai. And you are doing it in such a fluid way. I very glad you are giving us so much back story in such a coherent manner; it really makes reading your work a joy.

This story is wonderful example of fanfic and writing in general. As I already said before, I really hope you continue to write, not just in TR but other areas as well. That being said, MOAR TR plz.

Also, please excruciate good old Pierre.
Guest chapter 17 . 5/1/2014
Back to the beginning, huh. This makes me apprehensive for what's to come when the story returns to the present. Nevertheless, it was interesting to see how the two, Sam and Lara, came together.
511 | « Prev Page 1 .. 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 .. Last Next »