Reviews for Easier to run
lestibur chapter 48 . 4/8/2015
I've been here two years of my life reading this fic, and I must say this is one of my favorites, it saddens me that this over, and it will be no more fic in the future, the end I felt it very sad for the relationship between Sam and Lara I thought maybe Sam would have a moment of clarity and would remember something, but is an excellent Fic although a little sad, Amazing work 10/10
Historyman 14 chapter 48 . 4/8/2015
I still feel a small, small, bit of hope that Lara and Sam will truly get together somehow. (Someone do a fic off this!)

Or maybe Hannah is really Lara and Sam kid. (Magic, my friends. Magic)
Trigger Fingers chapter 48 . 4/8/2015
My last review ever for Easier To Run...where to begin?

Reading through this misty-eyed, I couldn't help but to reminisce back to chapter 32 where Sam confessed that she fantasized about having two kids with Lara. The archaeologist started visualizing young ones running around Croft Manor, and in a way that's exactly what she got (albeit with different circumstances than she wanted). Admittedly, it did sting when Hannah called her "Auntie" instead of "mum" but it was nonetheless heartwarming to see Lara care for the little girl.

Speaking of reminiscing, I couldn't help but to notice the similar last lines to Can't Go Home.
"BBFs, Croft."
"You know it, Nishimura."
and
"We made always made one helluva team, Croft."
We still do, Nishimura. And we always will."
I don't know why I find this small detail so significant, yet it's what made the tears finally fall.

And oh Winston, Hilary's got nothing on you :c

As for Sam and Lara... it's bittersweet. They have each other in their lives again, content with their friendship. But the romantic in me still sympathized with Lara as she silently longed for Sam once again. On a different note, it was so amazing to witness these two rebuild their damaged relationship throughout the story.

Lastly, thank you so incredibly much for writing something truly spectacular. It's hard to believe I started this journey way back in October 2013. Time flies. I'm sad this has come to an end because I'm not quite ready to step off of this roller coaster ride! I'll really miss reading a new chapter right before bed. Also, honoured to see that two of my suggested songs made it on the soundtrack.

Once again, thank you and congratulations Pfangirl. These 18 months have been an absolute pleasure.
Ty.mp chapter 48 . 4/8/2015
hello, I'm from Brazil, I follow your fic from the start. I ddon't know if I'm sad or happy with the end you have chosen. I was saddened by Lara even try Sam survived Lara lost it in the end. Lara lost everyone, and not sure if Sam was really happy with her husband. Was? But regardless it was the best fanfic tomb raider I've ever read, portrayed Lara perfectly because those other fics where they have a happy ending I'm always thinking as their future, Lara stopped being the tomb raider to stay with sam? I can not imagine being a mother Lara, stopping to venture into the world or having a long life, even though she loves Sam she would never let these things, and if left would not be happy. We can say that not the happy ending to her so she would never join the things you love. Do not have an account on this site, I created just to send this message and say congratulations, it's nice to know that there is someone who likes both Lara as I am. This Lara your version maybe one day become the Lara games and old movies, strong, sexy and lonely. Because in my opinion if she stayed with Sam would never be as badass as I hope it will become in future games. English is not my language so with you don't understand, sorry. I have some questions about the fic:

Sam never wanted Staying with Lara ? She never fall in love again with Lara?
They had not any relapse ?

Steve is not feel bad For Lara ?Why they not told the truth ?

You thought in the final alternative huh? If so, you post it ?

And to finish thanks :) It is difficult and rare fics Writers finish YOUR What Works and able to keep them so incredible to Beginning to End .

you can answer me in private if you prefer.

Ty.mp chapter 1 . 4/8/2015

Sam never wanted Staying with Lara ? She never fall in love again with Lara?
They had not any relapse ?

Steve is not feel bad For Lara ?Why they not told the truth ?

You thought in the final alternative huh? If so, you post it ?

you can answer me in private if you prefer.
tzimisce.antediluvian chapter 48 . 4/8/2015
I guess that many of your readers hoped for a happy ending, but in this case, the typical happy ending wouldn't be enough. I expected much more than that and look how briliantly you've ended it. This story was very enjoyable to read and I loved every chapter. Great job. For me this is definitely the best fanfic in TR universe. I'm just a bit sad that it ended. I'm definitely looking forward to reading your other work though! :)
lostsunsets chapter 48 . 4/8/2015
NO! I don't want it to end! :( I always got so excited when I saw the email saying you've updated! Now I'm back to the annoying task of finding another story to read... But I thank you for writing this wonderful, beautiful story! I laughed, I cried, and my heart pounded with anticipated! Well done! I look forward to any other Tomb Raider related fics you write in the future! :)
lostsunsets
khamul14 chapter 48 . 4/8/2015
Thanks for the brilliant story
i liked it very much
Gayer than Fiction chapter 48 . 4/8/2015
What a journey it has been. Thank you for sharing this story. It's been a wild ride, and you're right - the ending is fitting, though the part of me that's all mushy and romantic would have liked to have seen them ride off into a sunset together.

Your heroine has been bent out of shape by various circumstances, but never lost sight of herself, for better or worse. The growth you've allowed her to go through in such a believable (if sometimes more than just painful to her) manner is heart-warming, if every ounce bittersweet indeed.

Some people find the person they love and accept the heartbreaking truth that they can't be with her. I hope in the universe you've created, maybe one day Lara will manage to be happy, and not just content.

Your story here most definitely is one of the reasons why fanfic should not be overlooked as serious writing. Yes, there's a lot of badly-written fanfic out there, but the same can be said for published novels. Well done, again, thank you for sharing, and best of luck with your novel-writing endeavor!
FallenFangirl chapter 48 . 4/8/2015
Despite how painful this was I agree that this end does suit the story. I didn't expect a happy end when I realised how much was being thrown Lara's way. As usual you never fail to please, thank you for this amazing story :D
lazarus wolf chapter 48 . 4/8/2015
I am in awe.
Nough said.
(Brevity is the soul of wit.)
Metroidvania chapter 48 . 4/8/2015
Eh...I could see the writing on the wall, but I don't really know if it's not a bit disingenuous to say that this was the 'right' ending via the entire chicanery and specific circumstances that had Sam lose her memory. It was the right ending given Sam's memory wipe and the ensuing talks with Steven, but before that?

The ending may be bittersweet, but it feels like it's bittersweet because it was pretty much arranged that way. IMO, TR2013 isn't bittersweet in this same vein that this is (though some of that may be coming from the disconnect between Lara as the player character, and Lara in the narrative, and the implied importance of Sam vs. Roth and the other characters like Alex or Grim), and while some of the older tomb raider games feature elements of it, it does't feel quite the same. Sure, Lara may no longer be at odds with herself, but Sam essentially chose her, and Lara, after all they'd went through, makes the same dumb decision not to tell her for 'her safety' after the memory wipe.

It kind of fits the sacrifice vs loss theme that TR2013 displayed in regards to Lara's body and own trials being her sacrifice, and Sam's decision while she was unconscious/dying into her loss, but after the whole entire series of trials the two went through together (as well as the events of the previous work), and all of Lara's growth, she's essentially gotten nowhere outside of her being able to balance her murderous tendencies with the rest of her life.

Not that it isn't an important milestone, but when half of the draw to the story (or at least a good portion of it) is the Lara/Sam, it's teased along the whole time, and even finally, the two make up (and Sam gets her say on Lara's boneheadedness)...only to have it all reset, and Lara end up still being the coward, too afraid to tell Sam how she feels (even if she does mask it by having it be for Sam's own good)? The story title ties into this, but just because it's easier to run, doesn't mean Lara has to take the 'easy' way out by convincing herself that it's actually the 'hard' route of not coming to terms with her and Sam, and using the memory loss as a way to bow out.

Perhaps it's just that using a memory wipe reset to keep the status quo grinds my gears the wrong way, but to end it all with Lara still pining after Sam, even if she is able to live her life in the meantime (instead of running still) after being forced to confront herself with such ordeals as she went through in the story, just doesn't feel thematically consistent. It feels like a cheap way to get out of dealing with the other set of angst that would have been present with Steven, and 'giving' Lara the easy way out once Sam had forgotten about her.

It could also just be me not liking the angst ending (what with the 'just a few moments more..' at the end) after all of the shit that Lara went through, but I don't know if that's it either. The increasing tie-ins to the 'old' Tomb Raider Universe feels a mite bit forced, like it's trying to fit back into the overall narrative at Lara's expense, and I don't know if that really was necessary. That's probably a personal preference, though, so I digress.

Technically, the writing is well done, and I enjoyed the work, even if Lara seemingly took even more abuse herein than she did in the most recent game, but... I dunno. :(

Hope this didn't come off as a flame, at any rate, wasn't intended as such. Apologies if I rambled a bit, also.

In any event, kudos on finishing the story, and best of luck with your original work.
Guest chapter 48 . 4/8/2015
:'(
iceland2010 chapter 48 . 4/8/2015
Just absolutely sobbing. It was the ending that made the most impact and made the most sense, but that doesn't mean I couldn't have abated them to be finally happy and instead I'm sobbing over this damn thing. I love you how much you get it. The characters and how they work and what sacrifice truly means. I can't wait to read anything else you publish. Fan fiction related or otherwise.
immo chapter 48 . 4/8/2015
You are right, this is the right ending. -_-; Thank you for the ride, even though it is quite bittersweet to see Lara being lonely and pining after her friend. It's been a bit of a heartache to see but it's been a fun ride. thanks for the good reads!
511 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »