Reviews for Truth and Perception
maryyorke chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
I love this.
Bunnicula03 chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
Oh. I see. She's the first Senshi to know her.

Please, reply when you can!

Is Usagi a mystery to Ami? or the ultimate truth? or love?

Did Ami find herself continuously changing her perception of Usagi when she found her old truths to be lies? Did she come to find that Usagi is a goddess among them, more than she appears? Is Usagi like an endless riddle to Ami? Is Ami more evolved than the other Scouts from being the first Senshi to know Usagi? Is Usagi like her soulmate? LOL! I'm grasping at straws here.

**This is my second review.
llCrystalll chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
I really enjoyed this. I'm still not sure what Usagi is to Ami? Is it love or truth? I don't know. I love Ami/Usagi fics, though. I loved the descriptions of Usagi's importance to each Scout. I always wanted to know more about the backgrounds of Michiru, Setsuna, and Haruka. Isn't it sad how all the Scouts and Mamoru come from a less than appealing home life, but Usagi was raised in a traditional, loving nuclear family? I always wondered why Naoko did that. I wonder if purposely fate deals the Scouts and Mamoru a bad hand so that they will truly appreciate the gifts of their Princess? I really enjoyed your story. But, Ami really didn't know Usagi before Mamoru, right? I don't think so, but she was the first Scout. Unless she's talking about the Silver Millenium times.
Bin82501 chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
Absolutely brilliant.
Lilian chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
This was quite gorgeous to read. A more adult, mature Senshi, something we always forget because they keep telling us they're only 14... but like you mentioned yourself in this story, they've died quite a number of times, and faced nightmarish enemies. Nobody comes out of that unscathed. A little sharper, a little edgier, like a sharpened stone.

I very much enjoyed your descriptions of what Usagi means to all of them. The descriptions were beautiful, and having somewhat of an outsider (Taiki) as a listener made it all the more poignant for us, as readers.
Bemily Q chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
I liked this story very much! Though I think you forgot Saturn...also isn't Venus the morning Star and not the evening star? Another question I have is what is Usagi to Ami...clarity? or just Truth?
Guest chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
AmixUsagi part a real thing or not still baffle me. You forget about Hotaru though, why people tend to forget her? Poor girl.
TruePrime chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
Wow.

I'm not a Usa/Ami fan, not even close (Rei/Usagi lover) and I say this only because I reaaly, really enjoyed this piece.

The moment Ami said I was first really hit me harder then I figured I would.

I got to admit that each time I see a new story from you I hope its Rei/Usa, but when they are this quality I can't help but click and read regardless of pairing. You do a truly amazing job with Usagi and those she loves.
Dark Moon Ministry chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
This was a funny, intellectual and interesting little one shot! To be completely honest, I was a bit disappointed when the story did not turn out to be a raw philosophical discussion between Ami and Taiki as I had hoped, but instead only had the philosophy as a background and then went straight into the direction into of a romance story, but that's just me being a sucker for all that heavy philosophical stuff, so never mind.

Your language is poetic, strong and warm, and you put the characters to great use. Ami is portrayed as a strong and wise woman in this story, which is something I really enjoy, and I also really liked Ami's descriptions of each of her fellow friends and their personal relation to Usagi. It was absolutely adorable how she used different words to describe what Usagi meant for each girl. It really makes the values of love and friendship of Sailor Moon shine through, and it warmed my heart. On a linguistic note, the story is mostly well done too. I noticed that you do shift between the present and past tense here and there. That's a little bit annoying, but since I know you wrote this story in a hurry, I don't mind that a whole lot, and your poetic language well makes up for any minor linguistic mistakes.

The only thing I have to comment on is that some of the examples Ami makes do not come off perfectly. For exampe, she mentions that people previously thought the Earth was flat. Unfortunately, this is a myth, as humans very well knew that the Earth was round long before Columbus sailed the oceans. Normally, I wouldn't have cared about a small mistake like that, but in this story, it all turns unintentionally humorous since it is the super smart Ami who says it, and since she is doing it when trying to sound smart. It made the scene a little bit less effective for me. Also, I feel that she is slightly wrong when she is saying that the Outers did not know of their hardships. Maybe this is correct for Haruka, Michiru and Hotaru, but definitely not for Setsuna. As the Guardian of Time, Setsuna has seen the fall of both planet Mercury and the Silver Millennium, and even if she was a loner when she stood by the Gates of Time and did not have the same capacity to feel human emotions, she will at least have an intellectual knowledge of the events that have passed.

But the minor negative points aside, I really enjoyed this story. It was one of the better ones I've read in a long time. Keep up the great work!
-Dark Moon Ministry