Reviews for nine2five 2,2 Runway Bride
fezzywhigg chapter 3 . 4/21/2015
I'm really enjoying this season 4. I love more Carina but the Sarah/Chuck is very good also.
Molotov chapter 3 . 5/11/2014
What the fudgebuckets happened at da restaurant?
Molotov chapter 2 . 5/11/2014
Another good, fun chapter.
(Season 4 is my favorite season. After fall, of course. Ha ha ha! #dadjoke)
I also enjoy this odd Greta seduction subplot.
Molotov chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
You write Volkoff well. I can hear Timothy Dalton's voice when I read his dialogue.
And "something cold" to eat to pair it with failure. GENIUS!
There's a lot to like in this chapter.
And did Casey totally say in front of Sarah that Chuck was freakin' out and going to Morgan for advice? Way to throw a guy under the bus, yeesh.
resaw chapter 4 . 10/30/2013
The dream at the top of this chapter: I take it this is to represent that there is something continuing to eat away at Sarah, something's that bothering her, but she can't consciously articulate what that is, so it comes out in bad dreams. If we go back to the original of this particular episode, or its concluding scene anyway, what was causing her all the anxiety was Chuck's quick move to marriage and children, to "settling down." Here, in your world, Sarah and Chuck are already married, so that part of it seems to be resolved. In her dream, children were involved, so is that the issue? She's a spy and that kind of life is difficult to square with being a partner to her husband and a mother to their children... Or do you have something a little less traditionally domestic in mind concerning potential "Achilles Heels"?

The Carina and Sarah AU team you have here is a nice twist.

Thanks for another enjoyable chapter.
phnxgrl chapter 4 . 10/29/2013
I loved how Carina's fashion sense was the next big thing. Too Funny. I loved how Ellie is having problems with obsessed Devon. Please continue.
ygbsm chapter 3 . 10/28/2013
I liked the way you solidified the way Sarah has changed using Carina as a foil to give a comparison of the Sarah she knew, and the Sarah who exists now in this story. Very well done. Also a nice allusion to the original episode at the end with the suitcase. I'll be interested to see how you decide to restring the episodes to make it less choppy.
Great job and good luck going forward.
resaw chapter 3 . 10/26/2013
Wishing you luck! A short chapter, as you say, but it feels like it is very much to the set up of something more. Sarah is quite pensive in the first part of the chapter. The dialogue between Carina and Sarah suggests that Sarah is thinking about Carina's notion that the mission comes first, even if it means shooting your partner. So, I could guess that this might get Sarah thinking about the riskiness of the business she is in, and whether this high potential for injury and/or death really makes sense given her life together with Chuck.

On the other hand, in your previous series, you had Carina experience "discipline" at the hands of Sarah and others for her putting Chuck in danger, so I would think that there would be some sensitivity to putting Sarah in danger as well. But that may be the difference between Chuck the civilian and Sarah the spy.

Anyway, I am liking the way this story is developing. I look forward to your reorganizing S4 in a more coherent manner, with your own unique twist on it, of course. Thank you.
thomas.marshall.9469 chapter 3 . 10/26/2013
I wish you luck. I love the home security system-I can't get anything like that from Comcast.
phnxgrl chapter 3 . 10/26/2013
I so love Morgan and Casey's plus Sarah's and Carina's interactions. Please continue.
phnxgrl chapter 2 . 10/25/2013
I loved this chapter. I loved how Chuck and Morgan were schooled by the Newbie! Too funny. I loved how Frost was alerted when Chuck was online. I loved how Carina made the Milan mission fabulous! Please continue.
resaw chapter 2 . 10/20/2013
This chapter is a keeper. I felt like I had a good handle on the context. I really appreciated your narration at the beginning. Roan's ongoing efforts to figure out Chuck by sending in his "Greta" seduction school students is, I think, a great idea, and a much better use of the Gretas than the TV series attempted. So, is there a woman you have in mind after whom you modeled this Greta?

I also really like the Sarah and Carina dynamics in this episode. Carina is completely over the top.

Thanks for a great story.
thomas.marshall.9469 chapter 2 . 10/20/2013
Wow, neither Sarah nor Carina were impressed by Sofia's "assets." I don't remember Sarah being quite that snarky before-Carina definitely . Nicely done.
ygbsm chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
Nicely done, and sending Carina off to Milan with Sarah is genius because Carina at fashion week is going to be awesome. I think I see where you're going with Chuck, but in order to get the next two seasons to fit you might need to go faster to get him into the field, assuming I'm reading it right.
In any case well started.
resaw chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
I really like this exchange. If I recall, this is similar to, but not exactly like the episode in question:
"A stalemate!" roared Volkoff. He spun in his chair and leaned over his desk, his face inches from hers, but she didn't flinch. Not Frost. "They forced us to knock the board off the bloody table! That's no way to win."
"No, Alexei."
"Have you eaten yet?" he asked solicitously.
She didn't blink at the sudden shift in tone or topic. "No, I haven't. You?"
He sank back into his chair, grumbling. "I had a whole menu planned, Chicken Kiev, green beans almondine, some wine, the perfect meal for an international incident with a few dead agents on top but now…?" He raised a hand, let it fall. "What goes with failure?"
"I'll ask in the kitchen."

The exchange about Marco's death was also very well written, and I can hear Volkoff's voice really well in the dialogue you present.

"If it weren't for Colonel Casey's lamentable history with high fashion..." Hilarious line.

There are some really good lines in here, but I continue to "suffer" somewhat from a lack of narrative context. I know you love to get right into the dialogue, but I personally do better with more description of the context. Having said that, I keep on coming back, and expect I will continue to do so.