Reviews for Chanson de Geste
arwen undomiel3 chapter 1 . 3/3/2003
Hello there

I read this poem ages ago but i never reviewed it for some reason i dont know. Anyway, i'm reviewing it now and let me tell was EXCELLENT! I love this poem and the first time i read it it brought a tear to my eye as it was really sweet and captured Frodo and Sam's friendship really well.

Thw whole poem seemed to flow and told the story like i have never heard it told before. I realy loved it and i urge you to write more!

(Well, thats up to you but i'm just giving you a little push!)

Well done!

Love Arwen
hysterical girl chapter 1 . 11/11/2002
So sweet. I loved this poem. I thought it was really ad and u captured the situation reallly well.
ShireElf chapter 1 . 11/8/2002
Beautiful! I love it! Very creative!
emeldir chapter 1 . 10/11/2002
The title caught my eye ;) It sounds quite nice when read aloud. It has a certain swing. And a good narrative- I'm too lazy to ever go into all the trouble! Cheers,

naur.
Mistress-Samwise chapter 1 . 9/25/2002
*runs up* AIEEEE! Why didn't I know you published this? Hisssssssssss! Vile wench! I should have been able to comment on this immediatly! Why did you not inform me? Bah!

Naw... I'm jist pullin' yer leg. I'm not mad at you. I can't stay mad at you! *hugs you* Awwww! o Your poem Nicey-nice. Aye, lassie.

I'm going to go sleep now. Zzzzzzzz...
L. Byron chapter 1 . 9/24/2002
great fic, the way you put frodo's thoughts is wonderfull..

by the way, did you like the end of my story or you think i should go on? and i started a new one it's called "the curse" it has some sam/arwen action but not as much as the first
Peg 'o Light chapter 1 . 9/22/2002
Gah! If I was better at reviews I'd be able to say just how much I loved this, but I'm crap at them -_-. I really really love this! Uhg, I've got the typing equivalent of a twisted tongue.
Trilliah chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
Hey! *pokes* You gotta TELL me when you're posting new stuff! Otherwise I miss it! And I couldn't have borne to miss this!

AAAAAAAGGGGHH! *dances about* Wow! Wow wow wow! I so admire anyone who can write poetry. And this...this is awesome! Ha! I was so excited when it went all the way through the havens. Yay! Ooh. Okay. Favorite parts: when Frodo'd been stabbed, and the line: "The warmth of your breath recalls me from death as you whisper "hold on love, hold on'" YAY! Ooh! And...that entire verse about the Anduin, when Frodo tried to leave...AAAWWW! "Can I leave without saying goodbye?" NOT SAM, YOU CAN'T! Ha! Oooh, and all of Cirith Ungul made me cry. THat one line: "Correction: this is a nightmare." Brilliant!

All our lives, we’ve hardly been separate,

And now you’re leaving me – Sam! Please, my love, no! Don’t leave me, don’t go, Don’t strip me of all that I am!

THAT'S the bit that made me cry. And then when Frodo attacked Sam for the ring. That too. :) And the bit about Frodo taking all the water-"I drink it and leave you bereft." OOOOOOHHHH! *hands Frodo and Sam a lake* There you go!

Ooh! And "I'll carry you, Frodo..." THAT VERSE! YAY! Ooh, but the very end of the mound doom sequence-I always thought that Sam would have been worse off than Frodo because he gave up food and water and carried his master for so long, but the book just sort of brushes over that. You didn't! I was so excited! YAY!

Oh, but that bit: "For all the pain in my heart, we weren't growing apart, oh my love you were letting me go." I literally gasped, covered my mouth and went "Oooooooh!" *sigh* That's SOOO sad but brilliant-Sam knew Frodo couldn't stay, so he tried to make it easier for him to go! AAAAWWWWW!

Dear, brilliant, as always. Oh! And you said you didn't know what the meter was-it reads like a limeric. You know, like "There once was a man from Nantucket..." (or however you spell "nantucket"). :) It was a joy to read! And it flowed very very very well! GO YOU! :D

Love ya dear,

~Trills
shirebound chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
I was in tears by the end of this astonishing poem. I can hardly stand how good it is, Athena, I hope you're proud of every line. (Oh, and the references to the portrait and blanket from "One Of These Days" was perfect.)

There's so much beauty in this piece I can't even pick out one line to spotlight. I'm in total awe. My humblest thanks for sharing this gem with us.