Reviews for Radiance
alh1971 chapter 1 . 1/21
Captivating, heartbreaking in both its subtlety and the way it cuts to the bone. I loved it.
Rashaka chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
This was one of my favorite stories in its original posting, and still one of my top-shelf recs for Spuffy fanfic. Great characterization for everyone involved, great inclusion of Tara, and excellent dialogue. I Love Spike's last line here about moments stringing themselves together.

This is also the only fic I've ever read where I thought the topic of assault was well-handled and justified in the story context. Usually I will drop a story cold as soon as I read that, but you made it worthwhile.
Yasia chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Oh gods, a few years back I had this story (still in different parts) printed, and kept it together with the best Buffyfics. Now, reorganizing all the paper stuff that's been piled at home, decided to check whether the complete e-verse is available. HURRAH! It is! Memories, memories... Thank you, thank you, thank you, dearest author, for NOT vanishing from ! As an afterthought: definitely must check your Sherlock fics ;)
Lakitalover chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
I love this one. One of the best Spuffy stories I've ever read. You have a great eye for detail and characterization. I also think your analogies are great. A truly enjoyable read.
Mer chapter 1 . 3/8/2005
This is beautiful. Thank you for writing it.
Quinara chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
Absolutely bloody fantastic. Seriously, I adored this so much that it sucked to get to the end.

Also, randomly, I just want to say that your Spoiler-timeframe (after she wore the lilac blouse of breaking up and before she wore the gray robe of victimization) had me in hysterics.
Jeana chapter 1 . 8/10/2003
Not really a critique, more of a comment... Loved it!
Volpa chapter 1 . 2/27/2003
This is one of my favorite fics of all time. Amazing. I liked your original title, though.
Escape Velocity chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
Deep, dark, hopeful, plaintive...this beautiful piece of fanfiction is the type that makes us all wnat to think about the nature of our own souls. This is wonderful. Thank you
Guest chapter 1 . 1/9/2003
wow, how you ever fashioned that story from btvs i'll never know so. very. different. But still very, very good. Found it a little confusing to read at times, but then it is 2am & i was only browsing for a run of the mill fic, and found this instead!

Anyway it seemed to me you captured the more easily written aspects of a good fic - excellent true to the type characters and believable discourse between them, yet added some very interesting contemplation on the nature of souls and so on well ( well you know what i mean compared to the usual drivel) and fnally wrapped up with a wondeful poetic writting style.
Nevermore chapter 1 . 12/4/2002
Before I really get into any in-depth comments, let me start by saying that I'm *very* disappointed that thius story wasn't posted in chapters. There's so much I would have liked to comment on while reading, but due to the fact that I wasn't done yet, I pretty much put off all my comments and now I've forgotten some of the little things I wanted to say.

Having said that, I'll now go on (likely at length) about the things I *do* remember. So, first off, this was amazing. In fact, it's writing like this that reminds me that my future as a writer is strongly in question. For instance, I'm gonna refer to an early passage that I feel earned both a criticism and a compliment. The passage in question is the scene near the very beginning, where the women are trying to figure out what happened to Spike. At no point did you ever write who was saying what, and I found that distracting. All there was was dialogue. However, I found that once I stopped analyzing every line, trying to figure out which character had spoken, and instead just powered through, reading as I would a screenplay, I found that it was utterly obvious who was speaking when. Such was your ability to use dialogue effectively as an expression of the characters.

And as for the characters, you did an excellent job remaining true to all of them. At times Spike may have seemed a bit overly introspective, but it certainly fit the situation, so I was willing to go along with that without question.

The story was both simple and intricate, putting the characters into an all-too-predictable crisis that allowed you to focus on their reactions while at the same time expanding upon the fandom's mythos. That's rarely done well, and you equaled or exceeded every other attempt of every other writer I've ever read on the site.

So, now that dialogue, character, and plot have been addressed, I guess that leaves me with language. This is where your strength seems to lie. As well as you did everything else, it was your use of metaphor that sets you apart. Some passages were incredibly poetic, but done in a relaxed prose that didn't distract me from the story. The result was a work rich with imagery, both in the characters' physical surroundings and their inner thoughts/emotions/conflicts.

As a side comment, let me also say that 'Daemons Luminati' is a far better title than 'Radiance.' Not that 'Radiance' is bad, but never give up a cool title just because you may appear pretentious. I thought the alternate story title (and the Chapter titles) were well-suited to the tale, as the development of the mythos was a lynchpin of the story. Besides, let's be honest here - daemons luminati just sounds *way* better than angels. Sorta classy and. . . pretentious. And that's not meant in a bad way. :)

So, to sum up (and repeat), this was amazing. I'm glad I found your name on the Favorite Authors list of one of my favorite authors.
Irena K chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
Think I reviewed this the first time through. Yeah, that's right, found the TaraLuv and indulged in what, once-upon-a-time-before-season-6, was my favorite couple on the show.

Things may have changed on the series itself, but this story still kicks much ass, different title or no (th last one was pretentious? I didn't think so, but then maybe I'm a bad judge of these things, so.) Anyway, yes, much love and wishes to see more ficcage from you in the future.
CeredwenFlame chapter 1 . 9/21/2002