Reviews for A Square Peg
WildestDreams72394 chapter 1 . 9/10
I LOVE THIS. I'm twenty years old and was diagnosed with Aspergers when I was was twelve, and you could not possibly imagine how much I love this. I can so easily identify with Albus in this! This is the third of your stories I've read, and I was definitely right to add you to my Favorite Authors list. This is incredible, and I could not be more thrilled to find someone willing to tackle Autism in their writing. It is definitely a difficult subject to write about. I absolutely love the "Just because it's different doesn't make it wrong" parts too. My dad and stepmom didn't take that view of my Aspergers, and that still strains our relationship, but my mom and stapled basically don't even acknowledge it exists. I've got a more mild form of the syndrome like Albus seems to have, but it makes me very happy to see a character on the Autistic Spectrum be treated this way. This is absolutely brilliant! I can't wait to read more of your writing.

Lots of Love,
Anonymous chapter 1 . 12/29/2014
That. Was. Beautiful. I found this to be very intriguing. However, the ending is slightly confusing. Did Scorpius ask Albus to marry him or something?
The QAS chapter 1 . 11/1/2014
An interesting premise. I would have loved to have seen it drawn out and developed more, although I must admit there was a certain charm to its shortness.
Angel of the Night Watchers chapter 1 . 10/11/2014
Thank you for writing this story in such a positive light. My brother has Aspbergers and it's been hard for my family to try and help him cope and accept things. None of us can really understand what he feels because like you said his brain is just hard wired differently than ours. People often think he's just weird or creepy or some other derogatory word- when really he doesn't understand the social convention or he's overwhelmed by stimuli.
Kendra Dhyanna chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
Linda historia

en realidad muy agradable
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 1 . 3/6/2014
This is such a sweet and touching story. You really captured it well.
PhoenixAgent97 chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
It's soooooooo sweet. I really love it. Cute. Just kinda cuddly...very lovely. Read you soon hopefully.
2sidedstoryteller29995 chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
I like your descriptions and the Albus- Scorpius relationship
Whisper Gypsy chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
This was incredibly beautiful and amazingy well done. Thank you for writing it.
Lissy Stage chapter 1 . 11/16/2013
trapped him Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes

I have to say, I haven't really thought about Autism, so this is actually really unique to me :D Certainly, I luff the way you're writing Albus. This story is all kinds of luff, not to mention the AlScor factor. :D

AAAWWWWW :D Al is so friggin affectionate. It makes me wanna hug him, but he doesn't particularly like his space violated, right? He rather prefers to initiate it, especially from strangers (who doesn't o.O)

Another correction:
Instead of Number 12 Grimmauld Place, the books have it as "number 12, Grimmauld Place", just in case you want to keep up on Canon-spelling/capitalization.

I prefer Harry over Ginny, especially with the way Ginny was written in canon, and how the foreshadowing was ineffectual in providing basis in the relationship - especially when the books were primarily written in Harry's perspective, Harry's perception of the events being the only ones available.

The fact that they weren't really shown in the story is a great relief.

Now, I cannot sympathize with Ginny. She cannot seem to deal with the fact that Albus is different, and does, in fact, want to believe that his "condition" can be "cured". Albus is a fully-functioning wizard, and doesn't need for his mother to say anything like that.

Harry, on the otber hand, was given the supportive parent role. I can see that this contrast shows a... certain debate between both. In my opinion, it shows the contrast between both sides, one in which Harry believes Albus was just born that way, and one where Ginny thinks that they should listen to the others, and try to "cure" their son.

I prefer to think that Albus' brain is just wired differently.

I luffed this fic ;D Scorpius is so sweet on Albus!
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
Well I would say you seem to catch the autistic mindset really well. Far better than I ever could. Keep writing, this is amazing
trollnexus chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
*squeals and flails at the little snippet of Lucius here*

Ahem. Anyway, I loved this. And more than because I've always been an AS/S shipper. Not only did this feel so real, but I can tell you put a lot of thought and work into this. Portraying Albus in an accurate light clearly means a lot to you, and I think you did him justice. I smiled so hard at his reactions to people asking him about the Saviour. Harry giving out bread to everyone! Haha!

I also love the subtle way he echos Harry's words about how just because it's different doesn't mean it's wrong. He really does respect his dad, even without caring about the whole Saviour thing.

I am curious, though: what exactly does the gift at the end mean? Is it a marriage proposal? A symbol of Courting?

Anyway, nice job. I really enjoyed reading this.
bridgetjones1 chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
Very nice! I want to
KekuleSalvador chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
This was such a beautiful piece of writing. Albus' relationship with Scorpius is very reminicent of the relationship I have with my best friend. She always seemed to have some kind of inbuilt understanding of how my aspie brain worked. Thank you so much for writing it!
erm31323 chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
Loved this! I really like Albus' reasoning for wanting to be in Slytherin and it makes complete sense. Every other house can be rather loud. The development of the relationship between Albus and Scorpius is wonderfully done as well.

I don't think your portrayal of Ginny came across as bashing at all. Being a parent is stressful, regardless of what your children are like and I think that Harry's background would have helped him accept Albus' differences a bit easier. Well done!