Reviews for A Square Peg
Happy chapter 1 . 5/1
SO well written - wow!
RowanRhys chapter 1 . 12/31/2016
This... This is just PERFECT.

Two of my five children have autism, and your descriptions of Albus from infancy going up, are almost mirrors of how my boys responded with a world that is too loud, too brightly lit, and too stimulating for them.

The biggest struggles we had were those with people who tried to limit my boys by saying "He can't, not with his condition..." Fortunately, we have met many more people who say "He can!" and encouraged them.

Thank you for writing this, and for sharing it here. Definitely a favorite, and one I will recommend to my HP-fan friends who also have children within the spectrum.
PsychWard158 chapter 1 . 11/4/2016
I love this. Thank you so much. I've never seen a fan fiction ever with a nod to autism; everyone always does OCD -though rarely - and PTSD. As someone on the Autism spectrum, I appreciate what you've done here and agree that this is definitely an accurate portrayal of what Autism is like for some people.

I've never heard of 'numeral diversity' before, and I would really appreciate it if you could direct me to accurate information on it. Personally, I hate being reliant on my medications, and if this can help with that I would be over the moon. If not, than maybe the new perspective can help me come to terms with my lot in life and give me some new coping mechanisms.
Garniella chapter 1 . 2/29/2016
Hey! I love this a lot btw aaaaahhh. I love the "he writes schedules out for me" part it was lovely and so accurate.

Also I think your authors note is important and significant and well done (esp. w/ the political and personal significance of #actually autistic).

This was great I loved reading it and the boys were so sweet 3 Beautiful.
ForeverSiriusBlack chapter 1 . 2/25/2016
I really liked this and I thought you portrayed albus quite well. You did Ginny really well too, I know how hard it can be for a mother to accept that her child isn't like others and I thought you captured it really well whilst still showing that just because albus was autistic it doesn't mean he couldn't do things that other people can do just because doctors might have said he couldn't. I've been reading your other stories too and hope to read more soon.
WildestDreams72394 chapter 1 . 9/10/2015
I LOVE THIS. I'm twenty years old and was diagnosed with Aspergers when I was was twelve, and you could not possibly imagine how much I love this. I can so easily identify with Albus in this! This is the third of your stories I've read, and I was definitely right to add you to my Favorite Authors list. This is incredible, and I could not be more thrilled to find someone willing to tackle Autism in their writing. It is definitely a difficult subject to write about. I absolutely love the "Just because it's different doesn't make it wrong" parts too. My dad and stepmom didn't take that view of my Aspergers, and that still strains our relationship, but my mom and stapled basically don't even acknowledge it exists. I've got a more mild form of the syndrome like Albus seems to have, but it makes me very happy to see a character on the Autistic Spectrum be treated this way. This is absolutely brilliant! I can't wait to read more of your writing.

Lots of Love,
WildestDreams72394
Anonymous chapter 1 . 12/29/2014
That. Was. Beautiful. I found this to be very intriguing. However, the ending is slightly confusing. Did Scorpius ask Albus to marry him or something?
The QAS chapter 1 . 11/1/2014
An interesting premise. I would have loved to have seen it drawn out and developed more, although I must admit there was a certain charm to its shortness.
Angel of the Night Watchers chapter 1 . 10/11/2014
Thank you for writing this story in such a positive light. My brother has Aspbergers and it's been hard for my family to try and help him cope and accept things. None of us can really understand what he feels because like you said his brain is just hard wired differently than ours. People often think he's just weird or creepy or some other derogatory word- when really he doesn't understand the social convention or he's overwhelmed by stimuli.
Kendra Dhyanna chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
Linda historia

en realidad muy agradable
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 1 . 3/6/2014
This is such a sweet and touching story. You really captured it well.
PhoenixAgent97 chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
It's soooooooo sweet. I really love it. Cute. Just kinda cuddly...very lovely. Read you soon hopefully.
-Phoenix
PixiePatronus13675 chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
I like your descriptions and the Albus- Scorpius relationship
Whisper Gypsy chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
This was incredibly beautiful and amazingy well done. Thank you for writing it.
Lissy Stage chapter 1 . 11/16/2013
trapped him Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes

I have to say, I haven't really thought about Autism, so this is actually really unique to me :D Certainly, I luff the way you're writing Albus. This story is all kinds of luff, not to mention the AlScor factor. :D

AAAWWWWW :D Al is so friggin affectionate. It makes me wanna hug him, but he doesn't particularly like his space violated, right? He rather prefers to initiate it, especially from strangers (who doesn't o.O)

Another correction:
Instead of Number 12 Grimmauld Place, the books have it as "number 12, Grimmauld Place", just in case you want to keep up on Canon-spelling/capitalization.

I prefer Harry over Ginny, especially with the way Ginny was written in canon, and how the foreshadowing was ineffectual in providing basis in the relationship - especially when the books were primarily written in Harry's perspective, Harry's perception of the events being the only ones available.

The fact that they weren't really shown in the story is a great relief.

Now, I cannot sympathize with Ginny. She cannot seem to deal with the fact that Albus is different, and does, in fact, want to believe that his "condition" can be "cured". Albus is a fully-functioning wizard, and doesn't need for his mother to say anything like that.

Harry, on the otber hand, was given the supportive parent role. I can see that this contrast shows a... certain debate between both. In my opinion, it shows the contrast between both sides, one in which Harry believes Albus was just born that way, and one where Ginny thinks that they should listen to the others, and try to "cure" their son.

I prefer to think that Albus' brain is just wired differently.

I luffed this fic ;D Scorpius is so sweet on Albus!