Reviews for Tartarus
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 10/19
Wow, this story packs such a punch. I'm so impressed by the comparisons that you made between ancient Greece and Panem throughout. The white togas, the columns, the Victors oiled up like old Olympic athletes - it's all such a perfect blend of these two worlds. I also love that you reference the Victors through ancient mythology. The irony of Katniss as Diana works especially well. I think I identified them all except the twins in the third section (I could never keep all the careers quite straight) but I did love that section and how much it disturbed Katniss to see them acting so at-ease. The build-up in the final section is so powerful - all the most intense feels in Katniss slowly undressing and dreading what is about to happen. I can't one constructive thing to say about this, but I never can with your stories, it seems. Wonderful work.
dreams and desperation chapter 1 . 9/27
I have never seen a fic where there are no names mentiomed before and after reading this one I am beginning to wonder why I haven't because it is really, really good!

It's actually really fun guessing the characters! I can't tell whether or not it's okay to say in reviews though so I won't :) I think that I have correctly guessed the majority of them though.

As they always are, your descriptions are on point. This is a beautifully crafted oneshot and you should feel really proud of it because it really is amazing!
turtledoves chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
As always, I suck at praise, so would it be horrible if I started with concrit?

1. It's kinda tiring reading those big blocks of text. But that's just a personal thing.

2. I don't understand the purpose of dividing this into sections? Was it a section for each character, because I think section four has two but idk. (Also, iv. isn't italaicized like the rest. My OCD is yelling at you.)

And lastly, you need to stop writing before I kill you out of jealousy, um. Seriously, all the mythology references are perfect. And I could tell who each character was. (Except maybe not at the beginning but you described the whole situation in the last section and cleared everything up.) Did I mention that the mythology references were perfect, yet? The descriptions were beautiful, like, how do you even? Excuse my incoherency. To sum it up: perfection.
Caliente chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
Absolutely love this - it is SO well done! My only confusion is regarding the male victor in section iv. The only person I could come up with was Cato but I assume he perished since Katniss won. Help?
three-golden-mockingjays chapter 1 . 5/2/2014
I absolutely love this story. Not having the names was really interesting and I loved figuring our who was who - your characterisation is really spot on so I'm so I got all of them except for maybe Achilles? Oh well. I still adored this. Great job.
xx - L.
PrincessBlonde chapter 1 . 4/11/2014
I got nearly all the characters expecially Katniss, Fin and Jo. Amazing.
Niki chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for this candy :)
SilverMedals chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
I'm a sucker for numbered fics, surely you know this by now. It made the fic better as a whole, and you placed the sections in great places; often they're just scattered about.

You have some very, very powerful lines in this. I love the contrast between the male and female in sections one and two.

Overall, this was one of your best pieces, despite being one of the shorter ones.
M-dog14NCISgeek chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
This is really sad. Really beautiful, but sad. Lovely writing. I really never thought of the sex and behind the scenes stuff about the victors until recently. And it disgusts me. But I know it's there...
Library2.0 chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
Amazing. The way you have with words is just amazing
A Hopeful Voice chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
This is brilliant and heartbreaking. Thank you.
lydiamartins chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
i'm not even sure how to even go about reviewing something as perfect as this
estoma gosh your writing /cries/
it's so beautiful and good luck on the competition but you probably don't even need it anyway and being mortal is the most valuable gift a victor can have ; that last line, it's just so true, and argh, everything about the changes in her are so beautifully written and realistic so i'm just going to sit here and ramble and cry b/c everything about this review me and right now are just too incoherent to think logically. but, all of those added pieces of mythology just combined very nicely throughout this, and i like all of the subtle and all of the direct references/nuances to greek mythology since i love everything about that and hg fanfic, so great job with this! i also am in love with all of the descriptions b/c i can actually picture what's going on, even in some of the parts in the story when i don't really want to imagine the blood and the gore but all of those descriptions;
they just make me want to cry and stop writing but argh

this is gorgeous, definitely one of your best works
xx clara
slopes are a girl's friend chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
Wow. That was really great, Estoma! :D Hope you win the monthly challenge (I think?) and tell everybody I said Hi! *waves*
SkinOfInk chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
Chilling. I always did wonder how exactly the victors were sold. Your writing is so...eloquent, deep. Your characterization of some of the victors made me recognise immediately who they were, although a few of them I couldn't quite place, probably because it's been a while since I've picked up Catching Fire. I can't figure out the meaning of the last line though. Is it that even with all of the...disadvantages being a victor brings, it's better than being dead? Than not having a family? I'm not quite sure, but maybe it's just me. Anyways, very touching piece, well executed.
your hand against mine chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
okay, my pjo heart is just WOW because that title and house of hades asdfjasldfjaldf
but then
okay, this is a gorgeous capitol prostitution fic. amazing description, and so deeply emotional and traumatic for all these victors. love the greek gods theme, as much of a capitol perversion as it has become for them, and the irony of katniss dressed as artemis is aghhh
all those little details from their defining victories really give this a sort of... bittersweet nostalgia? they were happy that they won the games but now, not anymore; the subtle threats made by snow are discreet enough that most of them blend into the rest of the story, which is good thing, because it's a bit redundant making the threats obvious and overblown. and the references to the various punishments and roles of the gods and goddesses- wowwowwow.
this was gorgeous, lucy. gorgeous. &hearts