Reviews for Wishful Desire
Kennichu chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
I loved it I'm a huge fan of both The Great Mouse Detective and The Rescue Rangers. I really hope you do a continuation of the story cause it's absolutelly awesome.
BOC42 chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
Beautiful! I first ran across this story a few years back while blowing time on a high school computer. It was my inkling that perhaps there were other Rangerphiles out there. (There's a ton - did you know? Email me if you're curious.)

You portrayed Gadget very well; I think she would definitely find Basil attractive.
Flying Star too lazy chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
Had a chance to really browse through your fic assortment, and saw this. I remember you mentioned to me about writing a C&D RR fic. Well, what can I say. Gadget's my favorite of the group, and you nailed her very well. I don't find it out of sort to have her pine ( have feelings for) for someone long since dead. It was very in character. Loved it!
Anna McNarin chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
This story made me smile, because I saw myself as Gadget big time. I absloutely adore Sherlock Holmes, Basil Rathbone, and The Great Mouse Detective. I did the exact same thing Gadget did when I was a teen. I even wish I could go back in time to see one of Rathbone's plays. Bravo.
1 Jungle book fan chapter 1 . 1/1/2004
Hi,
no offence because I liked the story. But I'm only going to give it a 4 because though it was good I think it would have been even better if you had made it longer and finished the story better. What i mean is that maybe you could have extended the story to say that gadget made a time machine and found the great detective or something. otherwise it was a great story!

Good work,
#1 Jungle book fan
Zanzibar chapter 1 . 12/31/2002
It is a nice story although *SPOILER* I don't think that Gadget would fall in love with someone that has been dead in at least 50 years! But if you want to read another crossover with The Great Mouse Detective and Rescue Rangers try this webbpage: .

The story is placed in the novel sectione and is named: The Times of Their Lives.
Irina chapter 1 . 9/22/2002
This is a really good story! My favorite Disney movie has always been The Great Mouse Detective. Partly because I had a fascination with mice when I was little (ex: Fave movies: Great Mouse Detective, Secret of Nimh, An American Tail... noticing a trend here?). And I watch Rescue Rangers all the time (Gadget foreva!). Thank you for a great fic!
Nightw2 chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
I must confess, I also have developed something of a fondness for "the Great Mouse Detective" over the past few weeks and I fondly remember the Rescue Rangers from my early teens. Therefore, I think this is a GREAT idea for a fic. Somehow, I just can't resist the vision of the Rangers travelling back in time and Chip engaging in a little game of "one-upsmanship" with Basil (Chip's well-established jealousy concerning Gadget would make this type of seemingly childish competition quite in character for the chipmunk under the circumstances) while Dawson and Dale good-naturedly chat (Dawson: "I say, I would be under the presumption that YOU had something of a crush on this Gadget yourself." Dale: "Key word: HAD. Believe me, ever since I've started seeing Foxy, that has been all in the past. Errrr... you know what I mean."). I could even see a little not-so-friendly competition between Fat Cat and Ratigan (who, it would seem DID survive that fall off Big Ben) to see who IS the better criminal mastermind out of the two. This just has so many possibilities it boggles the mind (which I mean in the VERY BEST way). Keep up the good work.
Nicky4 chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
Very interesting. Is there going to be more?
EMY3K chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
Great story! I'm obsessed with the Great Mouse Detective as well. I was thinking of writng a story w/the two in it. You beat me to it. You must continue!