Reviews for Second Mouse
VioletBrock chapter 8 . 1/7/2014
I didn't realize I hadn't reviewed as I finished this awesome story! I'm sorry about that! (I blame the holidays! Lol)

So - loved the action! Wow! Absolutely awesome! Love how these two came together as a team. That was a very cool climatic scene! And the ending all came together really nicely; love Coulson and Moneypenny's conversations, the alluding to a continuation (which you did; hooray!). And awesome last line, of course! Ahahaha; very clever.

Thank you for such an amazing story!

VioletBrock chapter 5 . 12/11/2013
Love Coulson's and Moneypenny's exchanges here. I like them together! And hmmm - she gave him her first name. Really liked this part. And yeah, Moneypenny is awesome.

HYDRA! Ah! Great villain choice! Causing seismic activity seems to be on a large scale project that HYDRA would take on. And ouch - Natasha took Bond's beloved car. Owwww. And on another note, I enjoy reading the character's thoughts to themselves in italics. It really adds to the story, in my opinion!

I liked reading Moneypenny's thoughts as she discovered that Naida is not Naida. Yikes - since this is 'old days' Natasha, I wonder if she just killed the real Naida? Wow - dark Natasha!

Great chapter!

VioletBrock chapter 4 . 12/11/2013
I like the mention of Stark Industries; very cool. Makes sense that some of Barton's equipment would come from there. I also like how we already know that Bond is educated, smart and smooth, but that Barton is showing his intelligence in a nonchalant way. I'm enjoying Bond's reactions to Barton.

Interesting point on the perfume identification. Huh. And oh good grief, Nastasha is going to sleep with Bond?! Well, we knew her early days were different than her SHIELD days! Who knew Natasha was a Bond girl? lol (I realize that the story has not identified Naida as Natasha, so if I'm wrong I guess that would be kinda funny.)

VioletBrock chapter 3 . 12/11/2013
Ahaha - now it makes sense about 'Vera.' I didn't really take Barton for someone who names his weapons. But doing it to be a smartass? Yeah, that I get. lol

I like Bond and Barton "bonding" (very clever) and watching them try to find some common ground. I'm so curious about what is going on with this seismic activity! And now an attractive red-head appears to help, eh? Hmmm. And this is before Natasha joined SHIELD; this is gonna be interesting!

:) Vi
Madame Mermaid chapter 8 . 12/6/2013
Good evening,

sooo... I actually thought a lot about which of all the Avengers FFs on your profile I'd hand this review to (yeah, I've read them all, within two days no less, so here goes compliment No 1 ;-D), but in the end, I decided to start with this one, both because it's the last one I read and because it's the one I've got the greatest respect for. For I actually did not believe that someone could manage to write a crossover between James Bond (personal favorite, both in books and movies) and Avengers and make it realistic, in character, and a really good read, all within less than 40 000 words. Wow! You've proven those assumptions wrong, and managed to make the whole FF fit into your personal canon, as far as I can tell. Plus include a number of Bond titles along the way, which is just amazing, and really funny in a nerdy sort of way. So here's to a really, really great piece of fanfiction! :-D Thanks so much for writing this, it saved my very long day!

On a more general note, I'd like to say that I very much appreciate how you depict Hawkeye and Black Widow, both as individuals and as partners working for SHIELD - it's realistic, witty and understandable, plus you manage to tackle some important general themes while doing so, be it trust issues or the question of when to follow orders and when to bend / refuse them ("In the Service" is so far my favorite FF of them all, though some of the others come in as close seconds; I loved the way you managed to depict the importance of individual responsibility, as I'd call it, and how you drove the point home in the last chapter). Managing to put all of that into somewhat normal situations, and infusing it with humour when the occasion allows, makes for a wonderful, but also very thought-inspiring read, the kind that I love to go through time and time again, thinking through different angles - and that I find very seldomly. So, once again, thanks!

That being said, there is one thing I wonder about - since they obviously do trust each other so deeply, how did two so intensely private and coolly distrustful persons as Hawkeye and Black Widow get to that point, and with each other, of all people? And do they actually doubt each other sometimes? What were the changing points in their history, that made them trust each other with their lives rather than doubt that? You've illuminated some of those points already, but I feel as if there are still some untold stories hidden in that past. So, if you ever continue to explore the depths of that relationship, just know that you'll have an expectant reader. :-)

All the best, looking forward to whatever new ideas you might have in mind,

Mylady Phoenix
VioletBrock chapter 2 . 12/5/2013
Ok, I am in heaven reading Bond and Barton together. You are writing this beautifully; the plot, the posturing of the characters (Completely awesome, by the way!), The perfect amount of mystery, intrigue and humor has me reading along quite happily! I am loving the differences between the British and American counterparts. Bond is smooth and smart, and I like how you are presenting Barton. M was written beautifully, and I enjoyed her interactions with Fury and Coluson in the first chapter. Moneypenny's observances throughout the initial meeting were awesome and well done; This plot is absolutely fascinating with the setting and characters; you have everyone spot-on!

The Star Trek references in this chapter were awesome, and I laughed out loud at Barton's choice of captain and preference for redheads. This is the kind of stuff that makes me love your writing even more. And oh my goodness, did you have Barton name his bow the very same name that Jayne on Firefly named his gun?! Because unless my memory is totally failing me, I'm pretty sure that it is the very same name and if it is so, you have earned 1 million more cool points in my ledger!

As always, totally enjoying your writing and looking forward to having more time to read the rest!

:) Vi
Guest chapter 3 . 11/30/2013
hahaha, when I made my parents watch Captain America, they kept saying it reminded them if Raiders...
Guest chapter 2 . 11/30/2013
haha, can hardly wait for his favorite redhead to show up
Kylen chapter 8 . 11/16/2013
*has a long, happy giggle at the end* I wonder how Bond will respond to the idea of Romanoff turning into Clint's partner in crime. *grins* And is there a sequel coming? :)
Hawaiichick chapter 8 . 11/11/2013
:D I absolutely loved this story. Your meshing of those two worlds was so much fun to read. Thanks so much!
DBhawkguy30 chapter 8 . 11/11/2013
This story rocked Alpha Flyer, totally awesome and I will now add to my favourites! :)
I had to go back and check something as I was sure you had mentioned it in a previous story, 'Two if By Land' Clint mentions to Natasha about wanting to try his special arrow that he got from Q, and asks if she remembers his mission with Bond. like she could forget lol it was cool how that tied in.
All the characters were written really well! Well done!
Renny777 chapter 8 . 11/10/2013
So well written...I cannot even begin to write a good enough review in return. Just thank you...thank you so much
Sage of Wind Dragons chapter 8 . 11/9/2013
love all the little bond move refrences, the fact that you can actually get away with sending those off...
well that's fun.
a good ending I guess, it was quite nice, but silly Nick! no one beats out Bond on a good day!
save for hulks, and gods, and stuff like that.

still a nice little ending, as well as a good show cas eon what some of the spying games warfare with each other would be up to.
and that bit about Second mouse? funny. quite funny really.
I like that here Bond and Barton after all fo this are nice enough with each other to be friends of sorts or friendly aquantises and stuff but not OVERBEARING in it.
and you know something Shiled releasing all of the classified stuff as movies and comic and stuff is HILARIOUS on all accounts
and im interested in that bit aobut how S.H.I.E.L.D is run by that group, its always interesting in regards to business that are global ands tuff who do they as a whole fall under whos jurisdiction?
but, this was nice, quite nice.
thank you for it, it was fun.
tayababy chapter 8 . 11/9/2013
Well, that was certainly an entertaining ride, and I loved the pub scene in the end. well done!
Alpha Flyer chapter 8 . 11/9/2013
For CrlkSeasons: Nothing like crack science, huh?

Sorry. I HAD to say that at some point. ;-)
116 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »