Reviews for Cracked, broken, then shattered
Candymouse chapter 18 . 2/21
Thank you Kili for FINALLY getting Thorin and Fili to shut up!
Noxy the Proxy chapter 21 . 1/4
Hmm, interesting. Kinda makes me wonder if there's a sequel?
Guest chapter 21 . 12/23/2014
Aww I really liked that! I also liked Bofur's song! This was very good!
Guest186 chapter 21 . 6/9/2014
I can't seem to get his story out of my head. I'm sorry, I know you are finished with it, it's the end. But it's too sad for me that I can't stop thinking about how the two brothers are going to spend the rest of their days. I know it's fiction, so is the book. Now that Fili is the man of the house - there's no more uncle to depend on - he at least has to work to support the family. He has taken over his uncle's old room and there will be times when they have to go about the settlement for some reason or other - all this will bring back memories. Places where their uncle took them to, times when he carried them when they were dwarflings... OMG these will add to the trauma. Plus no more old friends, like Gimli will join his father. Bofur will surely join his brother Bombur and escort Bombur's family to Erebor, and Bifur?... the three are never apart... Already thinking of the third movie is making me miserable... I'm going to reread all those happy endings that I've saved. Sorry..
Guest186 chapter 21 . 6/7/2014
I like your writing style, obviously you are very talented. This story is interesting in a way because you are showing Fili's weaker side - he is not a warrior here - but I would prefer a different ending because I feel you are condemning them to a lifelong misery. I don't agree with Tolkien's portrayal of the Dwarves in the book and I especially don't agree with the ending. I feel if you are going to leave Fili with his final decision, I would like more of Dis, maybe of her going with the other Erebor dwarves, (Gimli, Bifur, Bofur and Bombur's family too). Of course after she had promised her sons she would come back. Their Uncle Thorin reclaimed Erebor for his family and his people, and if they are not going to live there the least she could do is to visit his tomb, at least his sacrifice is not in vain.
guest chapter 21 . 6/6/2014
so fili failed his uncle twice...
IssyDoodle chapter 21 . 3/26/2014
THIS STORY IS TOO EPIC FOR WORDS! I feel really bad for not finding it until recently, but it's had me hooked- how can you write so well? :O Aussi, I think that the ending was realistic and I doubt they would've gotten over their ordeal that quickly, so I'm happy with it! Thanks for writing the story and I can't wait to check out your other works too! :D
Dusty2004 chapter 11 . 2/7/2014
nice
ncis-lady chapter 21 . 1/24/2014
Damn you, another afternoon spent with one of your exciting stories! If I get kicked out of my phd programme I will sue for sure LOL Anyways, great story, you really have a way of writing whump, love it (should that scare me?)!
Guest chapter 11 . 1/22/2014
Good story
Arekkusu Naitofaia chapter 21 . 1/21/2014
Hmmm not bad :) though the ending just didn't seem right, I really do believe that Fili and Kili would have fought to the end to help their uncle on this quest, I mean Kili (in the movie at least, haven't read the book, yet - I really should do) was poisoned by a morgue shaft and STILL wanted to go to Erabor, if he can get through that kind of poison and still want to carry on then I would think that even after what happened here he would look ahead. Dwarves are strong, especially those two, more courageous and loyal than most of the Company, I mean they die in the first war they ever take part in. Though I do applaud the fact you got out of killing them in this fic cause goddammit! Fili and Kili! But I dunno I feel that ending rushed, I would have liked to see them regain strength instead of remaining broken to which is worse because now they will live a full life is misery...which really could be seen a worse torture. I personally would have like to have seen their strength return. As far as writing and style goes, you're totally fine so keep it going but if you want the fic to be that extra great, truly think about the characters and how they would react as canonly as possible. Because tbh in character fanfics are far better than others and there are actually very few that strive to achieve a fic like that. Thorin, Dwalin and Bofur were done well though as they stand out to me here.
Bluestarshine chapter 21 . 1/4/2014
Oh my god. This chapter was really unexpected...I wasn't..Wow. The ending was perfect, and was the only way it could really end after this chapter and all that they went through. I'm sad this story is over, but I'm happy that to have read it and enjoyed it. Thanks for writing this, it's been a pleasure to read. :)
Bluestarshine chapter 20 . 1/4/2014
The conversation with Dwalin and Thorin was nice. I LOVED that Dwalin was trying to tease Thorin and make him feel better, and Thorin's response was "be gone." That was really nice. I'm still enjoying the flashbacks you're weaving in, they're written well and are very interesting. The song wasn't bad, I actually liked it quite a bit. It made me smile. Loved it, great job. :)
Bluestarshine chapter 19 . 1/4/2014
It was nice seeing Kili open to Bilbo. Kili definitely needs to talk and get some of this stuff off his chest, so I'm glad he opened up a little. I liked that Bilbo told Kili to picture Dwalin's face when they pulled a prank, and especially liked how Bofur talked about the first time he held a bow. Nice chapter.
Bluestarshine chapter 18 . 1/4/2014
Another intense chapter! Poor Fili and Kili. I understand that Thorin wouldn't see things the same way they did, and would believe Erebor was worth dying for, but I wish he would try to be a little nicer or calmer about it. I liked when Kili finally told them both to stop it, but it was sad seeing him breakdown. Very nicely written.