Reviews for For the Beauty of the Earth
TortoisetheStoryteller chapter 1 . 4/14
Cute. One thing though. I think that even very hungry Rangers would only have eaten a normal meal portion for a hobbit, since hobbits eat more than Big Folk.
HassleCastle chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
It is true. Hunger kills beauty and even nobilty. It is why the rangers are worthy heroes- because they are noble and kind despite being unthanked, poor and often hungry.
Darkover chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
Dear Linda: I am glad that Mistress Daisy is as practical as she is kind-she recognizes when hungry men need feeding! Also, no doubt because of good hobbit-sense, she realizes that the Rangers are good men and has no mistrust or fear of them. Aragorn is right when he tells Gilavir that protecting the Shire-folk and others is what the Rangers do, but certainly it is easier to do that when one is well-fed and feels appreciated. Daisy may have done the Rangers a better turn than she knows! Your descriptions of the lovely autumn weather and the delicious meal that Daisy produced are impressively written; I could see both in my mind's eye, and the description of the meal made me hungry! Thank you for writing and posting this enjoyable story. Sincerely, Darkover
Deandra chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
Always fun to read an "autumn" tale after driving home amid the red trees and fallen leaves!

- Deandra
Virtuella chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
Oh, now you've made me hungry! And of course, the autumn scenery is so much prettier on a full stomach... ;-)
EverleighBain chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
A nice lighthearted little tale! Kind of refreshing to see our Rangers fussed after for a change. I looke forward to reading more of your work!
JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
That is absolutely one of my favorite hymns! We sing it at church.

Daisy is a darling, feeding our favorite Ranger Chieftain and his men full to the brim.

I agree, much easier to appreciate the beauties of nature with a full stomach :)
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
It's amazing how a good meal on a cold day can make Autumn seem so much less intimidating!
constantlearner chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
Nice and seasonal. Thank you.