Reviews for The Walls of Gold
Maeve Riannon chapter 2 . 10/29/2002
Dont be so hard on yourself! This is MY prerogative!

You should say trivial, not pointless. Its not the same! Using a trivial subject, a little walk, you give the characters feelings, information. You picture Aredhel and Eöls possesiveness with their son, and Maeglins deep love for his mother and his mefiance of his father. Without all those feelings that filled his life, life doesnt hold any interest for him, even as prince of the city of Gondolin, even in Idrils company. Its curious; just as I always envisaged it.

Thanks for stirring again my inspiration, apart from compliments for a good story.
Mouse chapter 2 . 10/28/2002
Oh oh.

I thought I'd gotten over him, but you just re-awakened all the warm fuzzies- well, cold shiveries.

The style in which you're writing is unusual but works well, especially in this chapter. I could picture the scene quite easily, like I was walking through Gondolin with Idril. Their conversation combined with Maeglin's thoughts is highly interesting and even at times a bit mysterious. I love the last two lines.

(You know, this almost fits with Dusk, if you just wrote a couple of in-between scenes :D)
Ellipsis chapter 2 . 10/28/2002
Yay, a new chapter! Y'know, I think I'm starting to like this style of storytelling. It suits Maeglin, somehow. I especialy liked the comentary on his secret name. Lomion. Very cool, and I look forward to more!

-Ellipsis
Nimloth Tindomerel nsi chapter 1 . 9/25/2002
I just wanted to add, are you french? I saw you've written some great HP fics in French! Or maybe you're just bilingual? I am! :)
Belthronding chapter 1 . 9/25/2002
I love the pace of this story, I sometimes write like that, short sentences, and no one ever knows what I'm on about, except me :D
Maeve Riannon chapter 1 . 9/23/2002
Wow! Your depiction of Eöls death surpasses my darkest thoughts, what can I do now?

We know Idril couldnt mean to Maeglin what Aredhel meant, dont we? And his memories...they make the reader cringe at the subtle allusions to Nan Elmoths life *shudders*. There are too many wonderful sentences in the story, so Im afraid I will not be able to quote, but know you have the admiration of another Maeglin writer.

*off to read it a third time*
Staggering Wood-Elf chapter 1 . 9/23/2002
Tsk, another of your stories to review and no coherent ideas of what to say...

Firstly, big congrats for writing a Maeglin fic! You write him so well, and he definitely deserves more attention. I suppose you would have missed the big angry debate about him on Silmfics... :)

And I love your writing style. It could be described as confusing or strange, but it really gets you inside the head of the character in question. One question, is this going to be a series or collection of scenes? That would be nice. Although Maeglin serieses (sp?) can be very awkward, just ask me or Mouse!

Anyway, before this turns into an excessively long review, (which are great to read, thanks for yours!) I'll wander off in search of more Maeglin ficcies...

Another sterling job! Write more.
Ellipsis chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
Interesting. The style of telling the story is a bit confusing, but I liked it anyway. It's always nice to find a Silmarillion fic here :) I look forward to more.
arabella thorne chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
Very dreamlike and illusive...fevers do that to the brain! but the allusive imagery is refreshingly different and you did not wander off the subject and very tidily brought to a close..