Reviews for Glasses Girl
Kailey Hamilton chapter 16 . 7/12
Serious review incoming.

I'm still in awe at your characterization skills. This does feel like a believable extension to the events of 02, with the subtle world-building you did there. I'm on the verge of accepting this all as headcanon and be done with it.

My absolute favorite thing about this is how Miyako relates to her ambition. Being clever and skilled doesn't always translate to aiming to be the absolute best and seek recognition for it. I never thought that sort of behavior would suit someone like Miyako. I like her modesty, and how she simply attempts to do the best with the skills and assets she has, working hard without putting too much thought into it, and figuring things out along the way.

Miyako's relationship with Ken is all the sweet and all the funny (those two awkward teens!) without being over-the-top. As it should be. But still, my favorite interactions still have to be between Miyako and Daisuke. They bounce off of each other rather well. Hawkmon is pretty much on point, too, and I love how many of these chapters end with Miyako and him sharing thoughts. It's poignant and effective. That's when one can tell Miyako is growing up.

The amazing characterization makes up for everything, but I do have to point out that I have trouble figuring out what to focus on. I mean, even as the stories are meant to stand on their own, you're still posting this as one cohesive story and I don't think it quite works on that level. You're touching on many themes and developing them splendidly in parallel, but I still think this is missing a main, overarching theme. So, the side quests are all fantastic, but there's no main quest (and yes, it's necessary.) If growing up is supposed to be it, a lot has still gone unanswered. How does Miyako relate to growing up? Does she fear it, or looks forward to it? What parts of her change? I know this might be due to the story being unfinished, but I think the reader should be able to tell this much already.

The style could also use some work. I'm sure you can tell (it's been two, three years) but I'm saying this nonetheless (because I want to believe.) The style feels over-explanatory, which puts distance between Miyako and the reader. You should trust your reader to be clever enough to read between the lines. Interestingly enough, you did rather well in this area when it comes to Ken (and it's redundant by this point to say that you write him excellently.) Also, the bits in first person made me question why you didn't write it all like this, because you capture Miyako's voice to perfection and it adds unbelievable doses of character to the story, as she's a rather peculiar one.

I know I am nitpicky, and it's unfair when you wrote this so long ago. So I will reiterate how much I enjoyed reading this, and how grateful I am that you threw this one in my general direction. All in all, I hope time and chance allow you to work on this story once again :)
Kailey Hamilton chapter 7 . 5/11
"there are stupid people and there will always be stupid people" Miyako dear, I feel you.

Fedora here, btw. Review and fave for bookmarking purposes, but to be quite fair, I am *loving* this. Everyone is so IC and the simplicity and innocence of the stories you've told thus far works very well to show Miyako slowly growing up, and how she perceives the world around her. Her interactions with Hawkmon and Daisuke have to be my favorite, and so are the bits in first-person PoV at the beginning... You get her voice so right. I'm openly and positively jealous.

I will continue to read soon enough :)
Jon Voris chapter 16 . 10/11/2014
*I* *LOVED* *IT* *TO* *DEATH* ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
I'd Be A *LITTLE* Interested In The Possible Spin-Off That The Monochromon And Tuskmon Incidents Show ;)
And Did Daisuke *FINALLY* Find That Special Someone (That's *NOT* Hikari-Chan) ? ;)
That Said, You're 150/5 Stars ;)
By The Way, *I'M* *DYING* *TO* *READ* *THE* *NEXT* *CHAPTER* ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Digi-fanCatt chapter 14 . 6/9/2014
I adore that last line. X3
Digi-fanCatt chapter 12 . 4/15/2014
This is cute! w
Luna Solitaria chapter 11 . 3/15/2014
Loved it!

It was so sweet, and I felt both character so IC!

It was really nice to know Ken's point of view.

Keep writing!
Luna Solitaria chapter 10 . 3/5/2014
Hi!

I really like Miyako, and I think you're portraying her amazingly well in this story. There's a lot to tell about her life, and you're doing it awesome :)

I specially loved the last chapter! Now I really want to know what will happen on Valentine's Day.

Keep the good writing!

Bye.
Kal-El Fornia chapter 3 . 2/8/2014
I'm back! And I'm still enjoying that Miyako goodness I come to expect right here. Odd, that this chapter is about ramen and, well, I'll get to that soon enough. I remember I raised my eyebrow at Daisuke's dream when I was a kid, but I shrugged it off and figured that he had the right kind of being to pull it off. It's something that Miyako and Yamato bring up here, that Daisuke has that right spirit, and that boast from Daisuke about having the best ramen in the world? It may seem silly until we all see how the guy ends up on the cover of freakin' TIME magazine because of it. (must have been a slow news year)

Anyways, I thought it was odd since a ramen place I go to near my college when during semester is actually a place called New Miyako, and it's out of this freakin' world.
Kal-El Fornia chapter 2 . 1/31/2014
It's weird to think about Miyako's role in the series. To be honest she really didn't end up doing much, considering that most of the glory in 02 ended up going to Daisuke. The odd thing about that though is just how much someone like Miyako or Iori can end up being adored in fanfiction despite their limited roles.

Perhaps the stranger thing to think about is the fact that everyone has a story to tell, no matter how it is you think it'll turn out in the end.
Kal-El Fornia chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
Ah, the last review was from me. I forgot to sign in to let you know who I was.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
You know what? These kinds of stories are some of my favorite. I really love the whole slice of life style tale, ones where nothing much really happens exactly but it's just us watching on as our favorite characters go on about their lives. Personally I feel like you have the start of maybe something rather enchanting here.
Oombala chapter 6 . 1/13/2014
This is amazing.
I love Miyako and there are hardly any good fics about her and this is just wonderful. The writing is great, the characterizations and interactions are just lovely!Thank you so much for writing this and I look forward to more!
chromate chapter 5 . 12/30/2013
Compared to other chapters this seems rather uneventful, without much emphasis on Miyako as a whole apart from the talk near the end of the story. Personally, I think It'll be more interesting to read if the chapters are more Miyako-centric, considering that this story is about her growth. Still, that's just what I think, and you can for sure do whatever you want with this story. Keep it up!
shrimproll chapter 4 . 12/29/2013
i love how you describe hawkmon. he is gentle as usual lol
BenignUser chapter 3 . 12/3/2013
this is a gem. I look forward to more.