Reviews for Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Lily chapter 1 . 5/3
Wow. This was just incredible - you've got it bang on wgat depression feels like, and reading it through a child's eyes was absolutely heartbreaking. Reading this fic, it totally makes sense why Dean is so overprotrctive of his younger brother - he is literally all he has. It's also great how you addressed the psychological fallout from Mary's death in such depth. Beautifully written, and the topic was very sensitively handled. Here's hoping I can find my own light at the end of the tunnel soon...I'm not giving up by any means, but boy life can get tiring at times. Still, since I don't know what I might yet do in my life, I gotta keep on keeping on. Thank you so much for writing this heart-touching fic. Have a great day and DFTBA! :)
frenchie93 chapter 1 . 8/20/2015
What a sad and depressing story, but so beautiful and well written. I wanted nothing more than to hug Dean and never let go. I loved how you painted all three Winchesters, Dean being depressed and hiding it, John being blind to his son suffering, and young Sammy guessing his brother's pain and being there to remind him that he couldn't leave. Great job. Thank you for sharing.
watermarks chapter 1 . 3/23/2015
super well written and so deep.
precious-passenger chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
I loved this story. It inspired me and was something that I was looking for a while: suicidal Dean. It's just amazing and so true. My younger sibling had the same calming effect on me and you got it all down, especially the color draining part.
1monster2 chapter 1 . 5/20/2014
This is amazing! I've gone through the same feelings and things as Dean in your story, and just wanted to say...thank you. I'm still searching for my "light at the end of the tunnel", but I'm doing better at it lately...so...yeah...I just wanted to say thank you for writing this-it matches my feelings and thoughts to a T, but is also extremely encouraging.
Sincerely,
1monster2
Meiyo no Ko chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
Whoa. Well, this is at least halfway to head!canon in my mind now. It broke my heart to see Dean being mature enough to admit that there was something Not Right, and John, his DAD, the one who should have listened and helped him, cutting him down and all but calling him a liar.

And Sammy... perceptive, loving Sammy. Gah. You Winchester boys will be the death of my feels yet.
pinklatent chapter 1 . 3/8/2014
Don't mind me. I'm not crying because this fic just broke my heart into tiny whimpering shards. Someone just shoved a handful of sand in my eyes. Yeah. That's the reason.
superatea chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
OMG! that was awesome. It's a long time I have not read anything so sweet.
anon chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
That would've kept him going till Sam left for college. But then... Of course, if this had happened would Sam have forgotten, thought it was all right in his John like selfishness just because Dean pretended it was, would this Sam have cut Dean out of his life for years? Because I don't think this Dean would have survived that, but I think he would've been grateful for the chance to finally be free to leave.
JaniceC678 chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
Awww...now I'm totally in tears here. Poor Dean! You made my heart ache for him and he so desperately wants to give up but can't even do that because he needs to take care of Sammy.
need2no chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
Great story. I cried all the way through it. Then I had to wait an hour before I wrote this review because I couldn't see the damn keyboard. Any writer that can make me cry like that is well worth following. thanks.
twinklingeyes07 chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
that was EPIC! made me cry..very well written :)
scootersmom chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
Sorry for the late review but I wanted to make sure I reviewed this story. I have never said this before in all the hundreds of stories I have read, but this was so beautifully written, yet so sad that it actually brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful story this is! Thanks for sharing it with us.
LilyBolt chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
This was amazingly well done! I absolutely loved how you captured Dean's feelings. You had his own understanding of his depression grow appropriately as he aged, and Sam's knack for picking up on Dean's dark thoughts was very believable. I thought this was fantastic. Thank you for sharing! :D
Casy Dee chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! I love this... very good look at depression, and also feasible to me. I'm glad I could help with the beta! This is very well-written. and you have painted a vivid portrait of young Sam and Dean. Just lovely. :)