Reviews for Dead Boy's Poem
Nom de Plume chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
Yes, yes, YES.
This - this right here. This writing style - I don't know what you would call it but I love it. And I love your take of Mamoru's perspective.
Together, you just made LOVEHEARTSPARKLESGOD ahem.

I think you did everything(&more) that the manga/anime was trying to achieve. I never even finished, let a alone watched every episode/chapter of Sailor Moon and yet I just read this one-shot here and I felt more fulfilled than I ever had watching the show.

So dark, so real, and so human.
I even liked the black humour you sprinkled throughout.
You can make something so simple, so trivial sound oh-so-beautiful or complex (or both).

I've always wondered why so many people overlooked the darker aspects of this strange love "triangle" between Usagi-Mamoru-Serenity (rectangle if we include Endymion). I know that Usagi is really-kinda-sorta Serenity... but I'm sure if I was reincarnated and had a destiny written out for me, I'd be having an identity crisis. To have life planned all out for me without any of my input or consideration for my feelings (except for the choice to not do it and lose everything)... While you didn't necessarily take it -all- the way there, you did touch upon it and for that, I thank-you.
elianthos chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
aw... beautiful. you've done it again. take a character we know and love, and show us there's still something poignant and new we haven't realized before.

the Serenity/Mamoru dynamic works nicely. But you could make work nicely anything you put your mind and pen at *Author worship _*.

we'll faithfully wait for more stories, and possibly more EotS.

thanks for this dive into Mamoru's psyche.

elianthos
Wren Truesong chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
*wails in slightly-agonised delight and scrambles for the episode* So so lovely! And I -adore- the Serenity/Mamoru take... I should review this more properly but you've made me crave the ep so -hard-.
Jigglypuffer chapter 1 . 10/4/2003
Depressing, but good. And we all know it ends nice, so happy writing! I loved it.
Mel chapter 1 . 11/2/2002
Wow! You are very good at writting this fic was good. I love your work,...hope to see more of them soon.
nightshadow1 chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
awesome!
Frozen Fire-didn't log in chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
Okay, here goes, two simple words for you, write more. Okay make it three, please!
Laura71 chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
I love this story. It's a real look at how Mamoru felt. Beautiful.
Wreath of Roses chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
Wow! I think you did a great job on your challenge! This song has some, let us say colorful descriptions, and you did a really good job of writing a story to go with these lyrics. I really like it!

Write more Empire of the Sun, and I'll be a happy girl! Ja.