Reviews for Side-stepping Fate
FudoTwin17 chapter 20 . 10/20/2014
Hmm. Interesting. :D
Souless666 chapter 20 . 10/14/2014
I really loved this story. (Even thought I thought Dean was being a bitch towards his mother. LOL) That bit at the end was golden. I hope you think sequel at some time in the future.
HeyItsMe7 chapter 20 . 10/13/2014
Loved the story though I kept hoping that the they could meet the other Dean and he realizes that he created an alternate reality and he is horrified that he took sam away from Dean.
sammygirl1963 chapter 20 . 10/12/2014
I hate to see the story end, but it was definitely a good place to leave it...with Dean accepting the hunting life and vowing to become the best hunter ever so he could protect his little brother.
pandora jazz chapter 20 . 10/12/2014
What a wonderful final chapter to your story.
I had imagined Dean and Sam taking off for awhile, but love your idea that Dean realizes he needs to learn from Mary, Bobby and Sam everything there is to know about the supernatural and demons.
Dean now has his little brother back and will do everything he can to protect him.
I like the final line about Fate, but wish that that brothers could continue to change their future.
Thanks for sharing your story with us.
I enjoyed reading it.
jo1966 chapter 20 . 10/12/2014
Loved the story. Are you leaving it there? Would love to have a few one shots with the whole family written into the tv episodes. What do you reckon. Thanks for writing a brilliant and imaginative story.
mb64 chapter 20 . 10/12/2014
This was a great fic! Thank you for sharing it with us!

CeCe Away chapter 20 . 10/12/2014
Interesting take on a different timeline. I love how the boys had an instant connection and the fierce protectiveness came out in Dean. Fun ending with Fate being satisfied as well.
mandancie chapter 20 . 10/12/2014
Oh wow! This was absolutely awesome! :) I really enjoyed this story. :) I can't wait for your next one. :)
Souless666 chapter 19 . 10/3/2014
Poor Sammy, doesn't know that big brother's a bit of a hypocrite. And the minute Sam shows signs of being "A Freak", he's gonna change his tune.

That's always been my issue with Dean, in the show. He has no problem with Missouri, or the kid from Death Takes a Holiday, and them having powers and stuff. But the second Sam shows he's more then human Dean's all over him, calling his powers Freaky and stuff, and for him not to use them. This even before he found out there might be a demonic link to them. (Truth be told, I believe Sam's a natural psychic, like Missouri but the demon blood tainted his abilities.)

Even in your story, Dean's self-opinionated nature comes thought, when he doesn't even think about why his other-self, might have come back to tell his mother not to go into Sam's room. That there might be a really big reason for her not to do so. We knows its to save her from dying, as it was not gonna stop SAm from being infected with demon blood. But this Dean doesn't know that. And he doesn't even take the time to think things through; cause he knows what's best.

BTW, great chapter. Any chapter/story, that can get me to thinking beyond what is presented stands out to me. :)
IritIlan chapter 19 . 10/3/2014
I love how loyal Sam and Dean are to each other. These are the Dean and Sam I started watching supernatural in the first place for. Even if Mary did have reasons, even good reasons for her actions, but still she hurt them all a lot, forgiveness should be difficult.
sammygirl1963 chapter 19 . 10/1/2014
Oh wow, definitely don't blame Dean for being pissed, he has every reason to be. But now I worry what he and Sam are going to do on their own. How long will it take Dean and Sam to forgive Mary for what she did?

Can't wait to find out.
pandora jazz chapter 19 . 10/1/2014
Though I knew the history behind Mary's deal, you did a great job bringing new life to it while she told John and Dean.
I also love Bobby and how protective he is of Mary and Sam. I could just 'hear' his gruff voice telling John to leave.
I love that the bond between the brothers is already strong. :) I was surprised that Dean wanted to leave and Sam decided to go with him, but it was a great way to end this chapter.
Thanks for the quick update on your story.
jo1966 chapter 19 . 10/1/2014
Brilliant. Looking forward to more
mb64 chapter 19 . 10/1/2014
Another great chapter to this awesome fic!