Reviews for Monsters Old and New
hollywood13 chapter 6 . 1/20
I wish that something more like what you had written would have happened on the show. I definitely wanted the letter writer-who signed himself "an old friend" to be someone from Rusty's days on the streets. It would have been a really interesting added dynamic. So glad that even if I didn't get to see it on screen, I could picture it in my head after reading this. Can't wait to keep reading more of your Major Crimes fic!
Ella Greggs chapter 5 . 12/7/2013
I loved all your observations about how Sharon had molded herself into someone strong and intimidating, but inside she still felt righteous outrage at injustice and abuse.
Ella Greggs chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
OMG, that letter was chilling! Well done, Rosabelle! And I liked Sharon's musings about how there must be a leak somewhere, but it's unlikely to be anyone in the squad, at least not knowingly.
Isolith chapter 6 . 11/26/2013
Finally had the time so read this. I really enjoyed the way you portraited Sharon and Rusty's relationship and the way this story evolved, plotwise and characterwise. A wonderful read. )
BluePictMedicineWheelWoman chapter 6 . 11/18/2013
I think it is a satisfying ending.
TheHamsterInMyMind chapter 6 . 11/18/2013
*happily catches up on reading, and OOOH OH OH!* I have so many happy feelings (which is odd, considering the subject matter and the tone, but I LOVE this story (as you already know ;)). There's something really authentic in the way you write the relationship between Sharon and Rusty, and in Rusty himself and how he responds to his situation and circumstances that's wonderful. And SHARON, oh Sharon. *huggles her* I also really like how you write the interactions and friendship between her and Brenda, as you already know.

Meanwhile, I'm very much looking forward to all your future fics. :D
Force Unbroken chapter 6 . 11/18/2013
Beautiful. Planned or unplanned, you couldn't have written a better conclusion for this story. I love how it starts with a threatening letter and ends with Rusty's note. It's finishing full circle and I adore that.

And pretty much the whole chapter I was going "Aww!" and smiling and wanting to hug the both of them SO HARD... Yeah, it was perfect. I'm so sad to see it end, but man, it was perfect.

Amazing, amazing job! Now I'm just gonna sit here and wait for drunk!Sharon and Brenda and/or Sharon and Provenza to the rescue. Either way. I'm excited. *grins*
Megan429 chapter 6 . 11/18/2013
What a great ending. I do hope for his sake that Rusty agrees to see a therapist. I really think it would help him. Also, glad he finally tells Sharon he loves her.
SChimes chapter 6 . 11/18/2013
Oh my GOD this CHAPTER! Whoa!
First of all, like always Sharon and Rusty are perfectly captures and I could absolutely see the scenes in my head and hear their voices. The part at the beginning with her texting that she's around the corner and him being all worried - that was such a great build-up, and then to have a happy resolution was such a treat!
(Also, I will never get tired of droll-Mom Sharon with her tremendous capacity for ingratitude and her "my kids prefer if i provide them with food, clothes, shelter, transportation and discretionary funds from a distance" - loved that line, I was grinning like an idiot when i read it. She's so good for Rusty because of that kind of attitude.)
And then the diner discussion, oh my heart. Sharon's story was PERFECT. Her worrying about failing her kids, which of course sounds absurd to US but in that context, with her being a single mom working long hours, makes so much sense. And just...everything about that scene. You write quiet-poignant-drama just as well as tense-drama in the earlier chapters and it's all amazing and whyyy did this story end!
Ahem. Okay so to sum up, this is pretty much the best story ever and you write Sharon and Rusty as though you created these characters to start with and it's all just perfect ;). Thanks for sharing this amazing story - and can't wait for the others!
Miss Shannon chapter 5 . 11/16/2013
This is a very interesting story that definitey deserves more reviews! :-) I am very much looking forward to your next installment. Thank you so much for sharing.
Force Unbroken chapter 5 . 11/15/2013
I took entirely too much pleasure in watching/reading these creeps get nailed to the wall. Especially Garnett. Go Sharon! I think her little tirade even gave ME chills. Bravo.

I loved the "Brenda's hand on Sharon's shoulder" bit. Totally made me flash back to the scene in Fool's Gold where Sharon squeezes Brenda's shoulder a little before she leaves the murder room at the end of the episode, and it felt so completely right to me here, regardless of whether they've technically been touchy-feely in their past interactions or not. Those little moments between characters are my favorite things ever. Pretty sure I love them as much as Brenda loves her Ding Dongs and Sharon loves her heels.

I'm ridiculously excited about the next chapter, but knowing that it's probably going to be the last one wounds my heart a little. You've done a fantastic job with this story and I'm loving every second of it. Great job as always! I can't wait to find out what happens next.
deenikn8 chapter 5 . 11/15/2013
They're good! Sharon rocks!
SChimes chapter 5 . 11/15/2013
Oh my god such an intense chapter. Sharon's brief conversation with DDA Garnett at the end gave me the chills. Also loved her brief interaction with Emma - I KNEW the woman couldn't be all evil. Greatly executed scene.
And of course Sharon and Brenda... ah and her worrying about riling up Brenda's 'crusade' again, so realistic!
Great to see this update, can't wait for the next chapter although I don't want this story to end!
SChimes chapter 4 . 11/8/2013
Another great chapter! The 'interview' with Rusty was fantastic, definitely feeling a knot in my throat as I read it. Can't help but wonder what exactly he told Sharon and what's going to happen next.
SChimes chapter 3 . 11/8/2013
Ahh this story is amazing. Loving it to bits. Your Sharon/Rusty interactions are spot on! (And Sharon/Brenda! If only we'd get that on the show!).