Reviews for Reign of the Serpent
Lansydyr chapter 22 . 7/17
I just found out about this story and I'm loving it so far!

Normally, I'm not a fan of such massively AU stories, but you've don't an excellent job in world building and character creation. I really can't wait to see what happens next. Good luck on updating and not letting real life get in the way of writing (I know personally how tough that can be)!
SockMage chapter 22 . 7/6
The Thestral Squad is playing a dangerous game with way too many variables outside of their control. Looking forward to seeing where it all gets them :)
Jamethiel-bane chapter 22 . 7/2
I'm really enjoying this! You write the complexities of politics, and differing people having differing motivations and multiple sides really well!
smos chapter 22 . 6/27
First of all...I love this story to death! I've been waiting for this update for aaaaages! But you never fail to impress! I'm so excited to see where this goes! I love the thought of a revolutionary!Hermione, but I'm curious what path she is actually going.

I'm not really happy about Hermione separating from the squad, but I am curious where this will lead! You've got me gripped and wanting more! Looking forward to your next update!

Will this story follow all through their seven years at Hogwarts? I hope so! I also wouldn't mind a bit of Harmony romanceThank you for sharing this amazing story with us!
AngelinaWeasley1 chapter 20 . 6/18
This is a particularly good and engaging story. So much thought behind it! I get Hunger Games and Dark Materials vibes...
Do you plan to do all 7 years? Because that is an enormous undertaking that deserves applause!
I think the only thing I get tripped up on is how young the Threstal Squad members are versus how old they seem with how they act/speak.
Beyondthesea16 chapter 22 . 6/16
nice update, but what the hell 1st hermione trying to take on everything and accomplish it, 2nd remus being ambushed and tied to a tree, 3rd a sticky cliffy, waiting for more
Regulation chapter 22 . 6/15
I really love this story so far. I'm hoping Harry can keep advancing to keep pace with Hermione a little more, in terms of maturity and ability. Also really looking forward to getting more about the motivations of Dumbledore/Grindelwald/Slytherin.

The only real consistency issue i've noticed is that you mention a few times in the school year and during the summer after 1st year that Hermione is only 11. She would have turned 12 in September of 1991, shortly after the 1st year begins. She'll turn 13 at the beginning of 2nd year.
Writingnerd291 chapter 22 . 6/9
This is amazing! I really like the the way you built your AU universe, it all seems very believable and well-planned. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Inconclusive chapter 22 . 6/8
Great chapter. Looking forward to your next update.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Dark Golo chapter 22 . 6/6
I hate Hermione plan, think is the most stupid thing ever. I hope it passes quickly because it makes no sense at all for the story if they are separated, it just stagnates it.

Anyway, thanks for the update and for giving us a new chapter
kiwi-chan chapter 22 . 6/6
oh wow... this is so good! i felt the anger in the argument! i hope it doesn’t end up eating away at then :-(( poor kids

draco is so so smarmy i love it he’s great

yoinks! remus
Draco Oblivion chapter 22 . 6/6
Heh, nice to see more of the relations between the factions surviving Salazar. The update's also been grate for fanning the Dramione flames but the plan's gonna be such a burden to bear. Also, unless you've messed with the timeline, the trio're in second year making Tonks around 18. If so, the relationship having been longterm would be kinda creepy, with her being barely legal...
Anderfail chapter 22 . 6/6
Now Hermione gets to play spy for the next 20 chapters as the story advances at a glacial pace? The whole story has become Hermione telling everyone else what she's going to do and them just accepting it despite the fact that her plans are overly convoluted and often hilariously ill thought out. Take the one she comes up with in this chapter: no teenager can run a con for the length of time required for this plan; they clearly don't really understand the power dynamics at the top of magical society (they only think they understand it) given that there are essentially 4 factions at the top: Slytherin, Grindelwald, Dumbledore, and Riddle; and she absolutely fails to consider the responses of others outside of her immediate sphere of influence. There are so many things that could go wrong for so little reward. Harry hinted at some of the problems, but since he's a pushover, he just went along with it in the end.

It's funny that for all Hermione's claim to want to save people and how she is better than or different from the purebloods, she's fully embraced the arrogance displayed by most in the magical world in this story. She thinks she knows best and by god that's what is going to happen, everyone else be damned.
awesome