Reviews for Reign of the Serpent
Mr. Kohl chapter 20 . 9/15
I really loved this fanfic and would love to . keep it up
wkgreens chapter 20 . 9/13
The Hermione POV chapters are riveting.
Nick chapter 20 . 8/18
Awesome story, love how you show characters who we grew up to hate in such different ways. Big fan of your alternate universe, it's been a pleasure. Shades of Enders Game and Wheel of Time with your different character POVs. 10/10. I'd like to hear more about Lily.
They're 11years old!
How old are these character? The author keeps saying they're first years but they all act and talk like they're middle age.
AndrewWolfe chapter 9 . 8/5
I'm leaving this here: not due to any technical fault in your writing but due to the fact that I didn't particularly care for Ender's Game the first time I read it. By itself, I could have put up with it - HP & the Methods of Rationality used it, for example - but I was already having trouble with the idea that a completely separatist magical world could have a decades-long war with regular abductions of children and not have the mundane world notice. Or without one side 'going nuclear' and actively involving the muggles.
Kakatoes chapter 20 . 8/3
Haha the part with Hermione and Percy is priceless. Especially as it gives depths to the relation between Percy and his father.

I howled with laughter at Skeeter pet name for Hermione.

Regarding the rest of the chapter I really didn't see that coming, interesting. I can't wait for your next chapter.
Calypto chapter 7 . 8/2
with a heavy heart im giving up on this story, not only harry seems,sounds and acts like a glorified ron or exactly as snape described him in cannon as an arrogant dunderhead.
Calypto chapter 4 . 8/2
its an amazing plot and a really great writing, truely. all i wanted to know was is harry going to be the ron of the story? no filter, jumps up at unfortunate timings and doesnot really think before acting? i really hoped for a cool well powred cunning harry but hey its ur story and i hope u do haeey justice
Kakatoes chapter 19 . 8/2
Things are progressing nicely, I really liked Hermione dismay regarding her "job". It remembered me good old times haha

However I found it really strange that such an important part of the government enrolls so few people. Is it only for england? I mean propaganda is a lot of paperwork and should hire dozens if not hundred of people easily. I really hope this is the tiniest tip of the iceberg. Especially as Pettigrew is supposed to be some sort of spy master I can't help but think this is a facade.
Kakatoes chapter 18 . 8/2
I am sorry I didn't take the time to write a review earlier. But to be honest I was too much enthralled with the Story to do differently.

So I am using this end of the first cycle to say that this story is amazing. Really, your depictions make the scene feel alive, your characters are fresh, your world is living with a depth rarely seen.

I especially like the way a lot of characters have been rewritten, the Death Eaters especially. What you created with Argents, the battles and political conflict, the fact that a 12 year old can't pull the wool over the eyes of the adults.

Well I'm going to stop here. Now the criticisms :D

I have to say that I found it weird for Riddle to open so much to Hermione. It is a stupid move. I mean really, there is too much to lose, nothing to gain. Especially with how he handled Harry. He could have used the same scheme.

The other thing I have an issue with is Hermione. I understand from where you are coming as it would have been pointless to write thousands of words on her agonizing over her parents but the memory locking feels too easy. Maybe just have her kidnapped earlier and give her more time, it's nitpicking at this point so that's not really important :shrug:.

Really liking your works and will read more hopefully soon,

Cheers :D
2flyingkiwis chapter 20 . 7/18
WOW!
This is so super epic! Just read this for the first time - what an amazing world you've created! It has a real depth to it, and the characters are so fleshed out. I love Hermione, resourceful and plotting are some of my favourite Hermione iterations. I also really love your Sirius, though I am worried about his long term safety- he does seem rather reckless!
Look forward to reading more - there seems like so much more story left!
Thanks for sharing!
Vortexswirl chapter 20 . 6/26
Want more...! Give me more...!
AccidentalFatality chapter 20 . 5/29
Engaging and compelling world-building, realistic characters and well thought out plot. It was a pleasure to read what you've written so far.

I really enjoy all the characters you've written, especially Susan, Hermione and Riddle.
The concept of such a hierarchical society and the constant conflict so well written in its impacts on the characters.
Overall one of my favourite fanfics I've read.

I look forward to reading the next installment when you have the time to write it.
KDub chapter 20 . 5/18
I haven't posted a review for over a decade but this story is so amazing I had to. Please post more soon! I usually don't like massively AU fics but this is just so incredibly done.