Reviews for Reign of the Serpent
KDub chapter 20 . 5/18
I haven't posted a review for over a decade but this story is so amazing I had to. Please post more soon! I usually don't like massively AU fics but this is just so incredibly done.
ady71 chapter 20 . 5/13
Updated PLEASE!
This story is so original and well written, I look forward to every update :)
Listen I don't really write reviews, but you have some magic here. The world building in this fanfiction is incredible. The fact that you've managed to create this world where so many things are different, but so many things are still the same is absolute magic. Riddle is amazing, you can't quite get a handle on him and what his motivations are. Harry is exactly how I would picture him growing up in a supportive environment. Draco is a good kid, but still very much a Malfoy and I think that is really important because many fics tend to drag the pure blood out of him and that's a huge part of what he is and why he makes the decisions that he makes. Hermione, Dean, and Justin have such a beautiful and deep relationship. It's a pleasure to read frankly. I could go on and on about this, but 500 reviews is ridiculous you're deserving of far more. Look forward to reading when new chapters come out.
Love the Hermione chapters the most, they always have the most action. Riddle is a fascinating character. I really want him to be in league with the order and Dumbledore. The Duel with Umbridge was great. Can't wiat for the next update.
Pocus777 chapter 20 . 5/3
Hi, you managed to write one of the best AU stories I ever read ! I am fascinated by your version of Riddle (so much mystery). I'm also very curious about the High Wizard : are we going to see him some day ? Does he even exist or is he some elaborate lie forged by the government for the sole purpose of controlling the population ? Anyways, can't wait to read the next chapter, bravo for your amazing writing skills and imagination !
smos chapter 20 . 4/12
This has got to be one of the most interesting Harry Potter stories I've ever read in my life! To be honest, in the three days it took me to read all 20 chapters, I positively fell in love with this, I actually didn't sleep for two nights!

I can't wait to see what's in store, and to see how the characters grow up to such a new environment. I've honestly found re-writes of the first to seven books a bit mundane too, so this is a most wlecome change! I love how you portray the characters, and how you individually put character focus and development on them!

Looking forward to more!
Talon of Anathrax chapter 20 . 4/5
This is great! I hope it continues!
Oh, that last scene was glorious.
yitiantulong chapter 1 . 3/29
Just finished the whole series in a two day marathon- great story! Love your Hermione and the Thestrals- although Riddle is the most fascinating (and Augusta Longbottom the coolest!) Thanks for this, and looking at the time length it took to get here I imagine I'm up for a long wait for the next chapter, but just so you know we'll be here when you're back with it! :)
Riddle's interaction with Hermione really fascinates me.
Beyondthesea16 chapter 20 . 3/14
nice update, those were not otp members trying to kidnap children for dumbledore, but the setup was impeccably done, and now poor hermione realizes how ruthless riddle can be, all she can do is learn from this, when the break is over she should sit everyone down and tell them that the training should be ramped up with more complex offensive spells and better defensive protection spells as well, waiting for more
somnolentSlumber chapter 19 . 3/14
"Could you please reign in this brute?

The phrase is "rein in", not "reign in". It originates from the horse's reins, not a king's reign.
somnolentSlumber chapter 18 . 3/14
"Eh?" Riddle cocked his head, looking like a confused hunting hound that had lost the scent. "Ah, you mean the colonel? How is old Riddle?"

Shouldn't it be Quirrel? Riddle's back in Hogwarts.

The remainder of the year seemed to pass by in a blur. Finals came and went, and

only Hermione managed to work up much worry about them.

There's an extra paragraph break there.
Cillit Bang Bang chapter 20 . 3/6
... actual, magical Skeeter/Lockhart shippers.

Awesome.

You also did a pretty good job at bringing the office to life. Depicting people, rather than an institution.

And the duel between Hermione and Umbridge was very well done. I very much approve of Hermione showing talent but ultimately, still losing. And the duel had a great deal of imagination - like a magical duel should be. For some time I was worried that you were making the young first- and second years too capable, but it's becoming clear that you upped the ante for the adults, too.