Reviews for Something Blue
Guest chapter 3 . 10/11/2015
Awww this one is adorable as well! So them!
FranArian chapter 3 . 10/4/2015
From things in the books and audio dramas, I'd say that Jack developed a crippling case of cold feet before CoE-D1. He still couldn't let go of his fantasies about Gwen (I still blame RTD for that mess, because he insisted on it in the series and everything else), there'd been some close calls so he actually had to think about how much it would hurt to lose Ianto, and he still refused to say that he loved him (even though he knew beyond any doubt how much Ianto loved him). I think his 'self preservation/anti-heartbreak' alarm went off, and he did what he usually did. Became an insensitive prick and tried to push Ianto away...better to hurt his partner and make him leave, than get hurt himself. Selfish? Yeah...that's one thing Jack has always been since the character was created. And I think that knowing he was cruel and cold to Ianto (who stuck by him, loving him regardless) in the weeks before he died at Thames House, made his loss that much more devastating. And Jack brought that on himself. Which is another reason why I feel MD was total AU rubbish (not just because it was brought to America)...I honestly feel that the only reason Jack ever would've come back to the Earth (especially after events in The House of the Dead), was if he'd found a way to get Ianto back and could make things right between them.
buddieswithbilis chapter 3 . 2/13/2015
Hallelujah for the dose of reality for the pair! And if you becoming drowned in dialogue means we get more endings like this ... then dialogue away! :)

I so wish it had been like this ... because it so easily could have been.

This was just ... lovely, and now I feel all soppy too! :)
buddieswithbilis chapter 2 . 2/13/2015
Tosh is so insightful ... and so good for Ianto. They are both genuinely lovely people and it's a shame that neither of them believes they deserve a shot at normality.

Jack's 'relationship' with Gwen is far more damaging than he realizes - - an emotional betrayal hurts far more than something purely physical that's a one off and done and dusted. Plus sticking your head in the sand will never stop the inevitable ... good or bad.

Feel so sad for Ianto :(
buddieswithbilis chapter 1 . 2/13/2015
Owen with a conscience and no filter whatsoever, is a really nice guy! :)

And Jack is an idiot. Which is such a shame.

Given my feelings regarding this episode, I have absolutely no idea how I missed this story in the first place :(

Ploughing on! :)
riversongandthedoctor chapter 3 . 4/26/2014
*Tears* This is so beautiful. Thanks.
riversongandthedoctor chapter 2 . 4/26/2014
Awww, Ianto... This is amazing!
riversongandthedoctor chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
Finally! Thanks...
Lady Emma Wentworth chapter 3 . 1/18/2014
You really do have a gift for meaningful, intense, humorous and revealing conversations between your characters! Very well done!
Maharani Radha chapter 3 . 11/29/2013
Things would've been so much better if these two had actually talked to each other, yes? Great job! :D Favoriting immediately.
BelladonasMom chapter 3 . 11/2/2013
So beautiful! I really loved it! Your dialogue was spot on. Brilliant!
Guest chapter 3 . 10/24/2013
Thankyou. DottyWho.
Beth Alexander chapter 3 . 10/24/2013
Can I add my name to the (hopefully long) list of people who loved this?! Plot is overrated when somebody does dialogue as splendidly as you do. You can give me your kind of dialogue any day. I really enjoyed this, thanks for sharing.
Cerih chapter 3 . 10/24/2013
Mission accomplished! You wanted something akin to the end of 'To the Last Man' and you certainly wrote it here. There's no need for the toothpaste or A's lemons, but you had me very nearly reaching for one of your tissues. I don't often tear up with stories, but Ianto's "Dont." managed that. Beautifully tied to CoE, no matter how bittersweet it is.

I truly admire how well you write these characters, in character. As others have said, the cufflinks and the tea cups were perfect. It was a privilege to hear you talk about this story as you were working on it.

Kudos. Just, yeah, kudos. (And a story this good earns you as many LWR spoilers as you like!)
gramcb58 chapter 3 . 10/24/2013